A 4.4-inch Sony D2403 revealed, set to compete with the Moto G?
1. MacWiNux (Posts: 110; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
might be sony's new waterproof midrangers???
2. Cicero (Posts: 802; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
I realy like Sony's budget phones. They are very well built and are "working" as expected from their hardware point of view. 3 days of use on one charge. (own an Xperia J wich I rooted).
4. ancellim (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Since Sony had two mid-range models last year, the Xperia M and Xperia L, this could be the Xperia L2.
14. buccob (Posts: 2452; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
its weird that the M2 had such big size and screen size... they should have kept it compact and make the L2 bigger...
Sony's phone naming really confuses me...
6. Tolstoyevski (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
its probably 4,5 inch and that one inch of space are the on screen navigation keys that don't show up on the benchmark(or I might be wrong)
8. boosook (Posts: 1390; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
My guess is that it's probably an 8MP sensor, but since the latest Sony phones take by default pitcures in 16:9 ratio, some of the pixels (namely, two strips in the upper and lower part of the frane) are discarded. You can use the full resolution by setting the 4:3 aspect ratio in the camera options.
15. grahaman27 (Posts: 361; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
extra room for the legendary sony bezels.
17. steedsofwar (unregistered)
Plus 0.8gb RAM?
9. boosook (Posts: 1390; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Nice, but to compete with the Moto G it should have an HD resolution...
10. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
sony wont price it cheap ,it cant compete with moto g
11. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
too many cheap droid phone this year smh :(
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And Apple selling their users a midrange device with a highend price
More like they ripping you off
16. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Xperia m2 is not a 5 inch device, its just 4.8. Its the xperia c that is 5 inch qHD. And yeah they could name this L mini/ M2 Compact/ Go 2/ Sola Q or whatever they want to... But piece of advice for sony is they should make this the lowest model with the cheapest SRP for it to generate sales...
18. radex (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 May 2014)
i hope this time they take care of dimensions , they should increase the screen to body ratio both m2 and C are very big and not so handful