Sony Ericsson TM506 User Reviews Back

thegame9e posted on Jan 29, 2009, 2:52 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 29, 2009

Pretty good phone for the price

I got this phone when my Blackberry Curve decided to say "call failed" after every 45 seconds while I was on it, so I picked up an ericsson. It's really a good phone for the price although it is lacking an outter screen. The reception is awsome and is a really good media phone. The only problem that I have run into is the connection to my computer via USB. About once every 2 weeks I have to reinstall the PC suite because it says, "your device has malfunctioned."Another problem that I have run into is the pop up screen for messaging. Sometimes it will just stop working and I will have to turn the phone off then back on again to get the pop ups back, but that's just a minor issue, cookies probably full or something. I have used many many many phones on t-mobile and this is still probably one of my favorites.

Pros

• excellent sound quality
  • excellent media player
  • awesome screen quality
  • decent browser for a flip phone.
  • reasonably priced
  • 3G

Cons

• no 3.5 jack
  • computer connection errors frequent
  • screen quality has to be on 50% to save battery
  • pop up window for texting failure

Luis Caire posted on Oct 11, 2010, 9:47 AM

second replacement by T-Mobile is horrible

My phone worked find the first few months. Then the issue of freezing, sluggish, black outs, would not turn off and when I made a call the prompts would not be recognized and more blackouted screens.  Master reset does not work.  I then acquired the equipment to update the phone with Sonyericcson's website.  Still blackouts.  Now I can not even reach T-mobile because the networks are busy.  This telephone is a nightmare T-Mobile has replaced it two times!

Billynilly posted on Sep 29, 2010, 5:44 PM

A near total lemon.

I had this phone for about a year and experienced the same problems described by other disatisfied users on here (Low memory, long waits for text or menu navigation to catch up, inexplicable call drops) when it finally started just freezing completely in the middle of calls. I would pull the battery to reboot it and that worked for a while. Then it stopped recognizing the SIM card. I got my data transferred to a new SIM card, but it still did the same thing.

Mind you, this was exactly a month after my warranty ran out but 9 months before I was eligible for a discount on a new phone. Nice.

Add on to that that this thing is in the upper echelons of cellphone radiation output and you've got a real loser on your hands. I'm sticking with Samsung phones from now on.

mcndrws posted on Nov 09, 2009, 11:31 AM

So Far So Good!

It Was Time For An Upgrade And I Finally Decided On This Phone After Doing Quite A Bit Of Research.It Has The Best Reception Of Any Cell Phone That I've Ever Had.  Call Quality Is Great And So Far I Have Had No Dropped Calls. The Camera Is Pretty Good Too ... So Far So Good ... I'll Check Back If Any Problems Arise.

Pros

• Nice Size ... Good Call Volume .. Nice Camera. Great Reception.

Cons

• None That i Have Encountered

iruka posted on Aug 25, 2009, 1:47 PM

great phone, but depends

It's an overal good phone. Call quality is great, photos look good and the way it handles media is awesome too. The design is really nice and feels sturdy. I just didn't like how it randomly shut off on me for two days on and off but it doesn't do that anymore.
A lot of people complain about the keys, but in my opinion, I think they're good enough. Unless of course you're used to a bigger keypad or even a QWERTY keyboard. This is only for people who don't live off texting and don't need too much, although it does have a lot of extra features.

Pros

• Screen, battery life, design, media program, interfacem customizability, call quality, 3G, camera, navigation array, soft back, micro sd card slot is on the outside

Cons

• Randomly shuts off sometimes, no usb cable included, speakerphone volume isn't that loud

Anonymous posted on May 01, 2009, 8:30 AM

Great phone but not for me

This phone is great...good display, lots of features, etc.  But I just wanted to post this in case there are any other people out there that need all the features of this phone and have arthritis in your hands and wrists.  The buttons are rather difficult to push and my hand gets swollen after about 2 texts. It's also not very easy to hold in one hand while texting, you need your other hand to support the pressure from pushing it.
Again overall this is a great phone and someone that has no issues with small hands or pain will love it. I LOVE it I just wish I could keep it.

Pros

• Great festures for the price
  • Sleek design
  • Good size display
  • Good graphics

Cons

• Butons hard to push
  • Menu and T-zones buttons VERY small
  • Not great for one-handed texting

Josie posted on Jan 05, 2009, 11:16 AM

My 2nd in 4 Years

I have gone thru a Sony Erisson At&t cell for about 2 years, its been thru hell, and even fell in the toilet once. I have deciede to go thru T-Mobile and try their version on Sony Ericsson and love the feel of it, the sound is great, the ring tones suck some, but atleast they're loud. The pictures come out very clear.
Like I said this is my second. Once you go Sony, you'll never go back :)~

Cons

• The Con's are.... the camera botton on the left which I keep hitting for some odd reason, and I hate the T-Zone botton. I don't have internet, so Im thinking I'm being charged everytime, while I try and figure out how to make the world stop rolling up top. LOL>

WR posted on Dec 02, 2008, 12:40 PM

Sony Ericsson TM 506 (update)

This phone is good. Strong reception (slightly better than most phones in T-Mobile lineup) probably the best phone for t-mobile in regards to reception. 2 days battery standy time with light to moderate use of the phone(if you turn off the GPS and turn down brightness on screen display). Good music player and camera.

Pros

• See above.

Cons

• No FM Radio.
  • Battery life could be better.

WR posted on Dec 02, 2008, 12:31 PM

Sony Ericsson TM506

This phone is good. Strong reception (slightly better than most phones in T-Mobile lineup) probably the best phone for t-mobile in regards to reception. 2 days battery standy time with light to moderate use of the phone. Good music player.

Pros

• See above.

Cons

• No fm radio.
  • Battery life could be better.

Anonymous posted on Dec 01, 2008, 5:38 PM

Good

Just got this phone and it is very good it is nice color and nice design the graphics on the phone are amzing if u are looking for a nice for on t mobile get this one

StephanieM. posted on Oct 22, 2008, 10:17 PM

LOVE THIS ONE!!!

I just got this phone over the weekend.  I've been through more than my fair share of phones and I find this one to be very easy to use.  Some of the above reviews are not accurate and have false information.  You can add details like email, birthday, company, company address, personal address among others.  It allows for a great amount of info to be put into each contact.  Also, the "soft keys" are not programmed to go to contact list.  The left button goes to the menu while the other one goes to t-zones.  On the circle, the up goes to call list, the down goes to contact list, left to compose a message and right, you can customize.  There are tons of options to completely customize this phone, you just can't be a cellphone incapable idiot.  I love the display, it's easy to use.  The outer display is a little boring, but it adds to the sleekness of the phone.  It's actually something I like alot because it gives you the important info like who's calling or who your text message is from.  Overall, this is the easiest phone to use and it does tons.  I moved to this one because my BlackBerry Pearl died on me and I'm very happy with this one.  It has very fast AIM and e-mail capabilities. Texting is super easy if you leave the T9 text predict on!

Pros

• customize
  • sleekness
  • buttons are easy to use
  • T9 text predict
  • great ring volume/ voice volume

bo posted on Oct 20, 2008, 7:25 PM

not too shabby

Just got the phone with T-mobile.  So far it's been quite easy to use.  I think it's very stylish and smart.  It's my first sony phone.  Been using a nokia e65 with symbian before.  This phone responds quite fast and the display is easy to read.
2 complaints:
-With the contacts, you can only add additional numbers but not info.  For instance, I can't enter email or just a note as to what the person does.  This makes it a pain when you have many people with similar first names.
-The two short cuts with the top two buttons can not be changed.  Neither can the up/down button shortcuts.  This is STUPID and REDUNDANT.  The left top button goes to contacts, same as the down button.  The top button goes to call list, which is the same as the call button.  I'd rather have a button for alarms/calendar/bluetooth.  pain pain pain...have to go through menu each time.

Pros

• -sleek
  • -fast
  • -easy to use (for the most part)

Cons

• -not enough contact details
  • -not enough short cuts

lindam posted on Oct 17, 2008, 12:29 AM

2.3

I HATE THIS PHONE

This phone is a pain in the butt for texting and adding contacts.  The keying in letters is really cumbersome...like 3 button for 1 lousy letter.  Also the back light clicks off too quickly and there you are in the dark.  No option to change the timing on it either.  Phone overall is too long when open.  Front display is a joke. Top buttons, like back and options, are very difficult to push. Only redeeming quality is the nice camera. Now if they could just come up with a good camera with phone capabilities..lol.
Going back to my old tried and true nokia.

Pros

Cons

• keying in letters
  • buttons
  • backlight timing
  • length

theatreguy07 posted on Sep 15, 2008, 9:50 PM

Really Great Phone!

Just got this phone yesterday and so far it is really slick. I got the black one because I feel the green one is really ugly. Great display themes and really nice interface. Excellent camera takes very clear photos.  Lots of cool ringtones, too. Very loud ringers and very user friendly.

Pros

• Great themes and interface
  • Lots of very good ringtones
  • Large, clear screen
  • Very good camera

Cons

• When you enter names into your contacts you have to press the star key to be able to spell your entries.