Samsung SPH-A740 User Reviews

Anonymous posted on May 07, 2008, 5:14 PM

Face Plates!!

Help I need to know where you can get face plates for this phone!!

1 year user posted on Sep 22, 2006, 6:48 PM

4.4

Lousy controls

The controls on this thing are terrible. The buttons are too close together, and trying to search through your address book (a clunky procedure) more often than not results in the phone going into some wird mode which requires you to press End and start all over.

The camera is just pointless. A "me too" feature if there ever was.

In fact it is good for little more than answering calls.

BeaNBabE posted on May 05, 2006, 5:42 PM

SamSunG 740 is CooL

I just ordered this phone, and it should be here in a couple of days! After reading these reviews, Im very excited! It is a much better phone than the one I have now..which is ghetto and not even a color screen. haha old skool! so this phone is very exciting. as for the comments that have questions about the phone, read your manual! haha

Tammy posted on May 03, 2006, 4:42 PM

soo cool

wow the phone is soooo cool and the features are awsome all my friends r sooooo jealous!!! lol!! i have the best phone and it is soooo cool!!!!!!!!! MY PHONE ROX MY SOX!!!!!! bye

Lexie posted on Apr 17, 2006, 1:09 PM

NICE;)

The Samsung SPH-A740 / PM-740 phone is a nice phone if your a big fan of cute small flip phones. It has nice full size number pad and the outside and inside screens are vivid, clear and easy to see.

Dk posted on Apr 08, 2006, 6:34 PM

I wish i had it!!!!!

I wish i had this phone my friend has it and i use it all the time i like it hen u press clear and it sounds like a whiskle and when u dail number!!!!!! My Favorite is when it plays "my humps" or "shake it off" and "im n luv wit a stripper"

bobbybobster posted on Mar 23, 2006, 5:18 PM

jdj

i have a lot of trouble with my phone. the battery life just dont work, i leave in the morning and have to keeep my phone off, the longest it lasted so far was like 3 hours i think.

compudude posted on Mar 19, 2006, 5:23 PM

Super Samsung A740

Love this little phone. Cannot use it enough. I has made a BIG difference in my lifestyle. Only complaint is that when indoors - sometimes signal loss is very evident and annoying. Extremely user-friendly. Nice and compact making it very easy to carry. Cosmetically very appealing. I would give it 9 out of 10. A lot of bang for the buck. Recommend it to anyone who will listen.

Diddy posted on Jan 28, 2006, 11:22 AM

text message options

Ive had this phone for some time. My display screen recently broke off from the main part of the phone. I need step by step instructions on how to forward text messages because i have some REALLY important messages stored in my phone. Can anyone please help me?

Jay posted on Nov 26, 2005, 7:11 PM

Awsome

Wow this Phone is really a piece of work! I realyl enjoy this phone. Its handy and really stylish, but really this phone is a little slice of art. I really love the Zoom, and the clor adjustments. Well my Top rate on the pm-740 is an excellent. :) I also give it an Oh! (" :-o B-]

phonegirl posted on Nov 06, 2005, 1:36 PM

The LCD Screen

Just for note, i've had this phone for a couple months now and I absolutely adore it, the slideshow and camera features are great! As for the LCD turning black when talking, its true the phone does that, but to get the black to go away just hit one of the little arrow keys and it 'wakes up'. I just figured it was to protect the screen from burning out on long phone calls and to help conserve the phone energy. It was never a problem for me, u can even just hit the back button and it pops up the call timer thing. Hope that helps.

Lucy posted on Oct 16, 2005, 5:06 PM

Samsung a740

I ordered mine today and I'm really happy with my choice- it looks like such a fun phone, and I cant wait for it to get here. BUY IT! I've only read a few negative reviews, but there were sooooo many good ones. Also, now that sprint has joined forces with nextel - the service should be outstanding. Samsung has always been my favorite phone choice. I've been through about 7 phones, and this one I'm sure will last me a long time. Also, all the reviews I've read all say that the built-in camera is absolutely one of a kind, and I'm a picture person. This phone should be great to use - but I was a little disapointed when I read that the battery life was only 3 hours? Whatever.. I'll have to recieve the phone in order to really tell you my review.. and faceplates- I ordered one today online also! So many pretty ones to choose from, my phone is going to look prettttty :)

Belle posted on Aug 15, 2005, 11:44 AM

LCD turns completely black during call

i recently bought samsung spha740 phone, but the problem is the main lcd turns completely black like in off mode during a call. i called in and they said it was a built in feature, i read in the user manual that to avoid this problem you set the phone to 'flip-on' mode. but the same thing happens. Does anyone have the same problem as me? please let me know...so i could exchange the phone or return it. thank you very much

Brooke Leigh posted on Aug 07, 2005, 4:25 PM

awesome phone

I got this phone on sale for $50 bucks and I absolutely love it. I recently found some awesome faceplates for it too.
I love the camera and the slideshow feature.
This is definitely a great buy!

christine posted on Apr 27, 2005, 10:42 AM

i love it

i bought the phine about a month ago and i love it. After exploring the phone for a couple minutes you know how to use everything.its a great phone that I know I will want to have for a while.

kevintegra408 posted on Apr 10, 2005, 5:37 AM

Samsung a740

I just got this phone today and I gotta admit I wasn't sure if I would regret buying a phone that's so new because there's not many reviews for it, but once I held it and played around with it for a couple minutes I knew it was a good buy. It has a very comfortable feel and I've never seen a phone with a nicer exterior. I was planning on getting the sanyo 8200 but after seeing the 740 I knew I had a new winner!

Newuser posted on Mar 08, 2005, 5:28 PM

Samsung 740

Thank you every one one for all of your comments..I don't have it yet but it is coming in on thursday..I'm really excited I was hoping it was small and light...I'm getting a silver one..is blue better or silver?

pjteam posted on Feb 28, 2005, 10:11 PM

Very Nice Phone

I believe this is the best phone i have ever had. The only fault i found is that i am a trucker and have a hard time hearing it ring in the truck would be better with a louder ring. I am also having trouble finding a car kit made just for this phone, That would probably increase the volume of the ringer:-)

ron posted on Feb 12, 2005, 12:18 AM

good phone

i really like this phone its small with a big package! the only down side i see to this phone is that the up fucton key is hard to hit if you have big fingers, but you can always use the side key. the other thing is the sound it sounds funny untill you get ajusted to using it but its no big deal. i have the 8200 by sanyo and the a740 gets better reception than the 8200 if they could fix the sound to where it dont sound like it clips this phone would be the best phone that i have ever used. plus the keys back lighting is awesome!

Melissa posted on Feb 10, 2005, 12:51 AM

Just bought it

I just bought one... like it so far. The web browser portion is not user friendly, but I won't be doing much with that anyway. Great features. Looks good, sounds good.

Travis Sheaffer posted on Feb 02, 2005, 9:50 AM

Samsung A740

THIS IS THE BEST PHONE I HAVE EVER HAD. I LOOKED FOR A SMALL COMPACT PHONE WITH LOTS OF FEATURES FOR A LONG TIME. I BOUGHT AN A760 AND HAD TERRIBLE RECEPTION WITH IT. SO I THEN TRADED IT IN FOR THE 740 AFTER READING SOME OTHER REVIEWS ON IT. I AM VERY SATIFIED WITH THE 740. IT IS SO LIGHT AND EASY TO CARRY IN MY POCKET OR WHEREVER I WANT. PLUS THE FEAYURES IT HAS IS AWESOME. I HAVE TAKEN PICTURES OF MY WIFE AND KIDS SO I CAN TAKE THEM ANYWHERE I GO SEEING HOW I TRAVEL QUITE A BIT. I ALWAYS HAVE THEM WITH ME. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT IS THE RECEPTION. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY STATIC OR DROPPED CALLS AS OF YET. ALSO THE DESIGN IS VERY GOOD. IT LOOKS GOOD AND PERFORMS WELL. GOOD JOB SAMSUNG AND SPRINT ON THIS WONDERFUL COMMUNICATION DEVICE.

Maria McMenamy posted on Jan 22, 2005, 7:22 PM

Vet Tech

so far I am very happy with my phone I just need to add more ringers and wallpaper and screensavers. Clearity is good but the ringer tones need to go higher then 8 in level.