Samsung Reality User Reviews

6.6

doublej1970 posted on Apr 27, 2010, 11:39 AM
Posts: 28; Member since: Apr 16, 2010

See ya Later Rogue!!!

This phone has brought to reality what the rouge should have been after verizon made the rogue it's first mandatory data plan multi-media device!!! The rogue could have had been so much more,but samsung screwed that up!! But the mistakes they made are finally gone and the reality hit's the mark!!! The reality can now multi-task,and it's super responsive!! The intrenet experince is way better then the rogue! They sould have made this phone a rev.A,not rev.O!!! Other then that the phone in maroon,not red,is super hot sexy!!! It is the mini Omnia II with a full keypad!! I'm telling u if Samsung had mad that beautiful Omnia II a android phone it would have been a hudge seller!! But this beauty reality is an awsome phone!! It's right up their with the enV touch!!

Pros

• Sexy,kick ass design! It can multi-task,praise the Lord!! No more crappy verizon red music player!!! Thin,light,and great keypad!! Super resopnsive!! Three home screen's!! Great camera and excellent video taker!! Maroon color and style is awesome!! Internet experience is very nice!! Zoom on the internet pages is a new awesome feature for samsung,samsung is finally getting some LG tip's!! And for the buck it's a great deal,got mine at BestBuy for $69.99 with instant rebate!!

Cons

• REV.O,should have been REV.A!!!

DevonHeaven posted on Jun 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 07, 2012

In Reality Its a great phone!

DevonHeaven has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had my reality more than 2 years, meaning I upgraged already then decided my reality was just to amazing! Its sleek and has so many little things the reviews don't tell you that make this phone a character! My phone can skim through everything, making it easy to go through hundreds of contacts, pictures and music. I have silly apps that come with the phone that I use more than expected like the dice and the paint program. I have a notes stationed in my phone and theres more!

I don't understand why people are complating about the touch screens sensitivity when it can be adjusted 1through 5 and mine's set to a 1. the keyboard may take 1 full day to get used to.. there are 3 walpapes I like because depending on what you want to see maybe a favorite picture or change it with the day you can easily slide between the 3 (its really cool) I've only had 2 glitch and verizon fixed it... it kept lighting its self up and the wallpaper kept resetting. not a big deal but I still had my phone fixed.

As for butt dialing to all the people who keep complaining.. 1: don't sit on your phone! and 2: THERE IS A LOCK BUTTON!!! located lower left side my phone turns on and off when i decide, my butt has no say in the matter!

Awesome! sturdy, stylish and sleek.
It has really grea reception!
Makes great simple calls
Its a great phone, but its a phone! so depending on where yo uare depends on speed but it's still not fast... But it has so many options and I'm a patient person!
Its got great potention and usually goes unnoticed if your only focusing on how fast can my phone move!
Because this is the only flaw to the phone. its a crappy camera with no flash..
I can't stop touching it!
Great texting phone! both keyboard easy to stary a new text and instead of most phones having and input and output of text this phone keeps each message back and forth between people in its own catergory.
It keeps going and going and going!

Pros

• evey feature on the screen is adjustible, EVERYTHING!
  • lock/unlock button
  • comes with extra programs
  • facebook,myspace,youtube, twitter, photobucket all in phone!
  • awesome sized and spape pefefct for holding and fliding into yout pocket
  • you can set how sensitive the phone is!
  • the touch keyboard is identical to a normal phone
  • great speakers
  • Texting great

Cons

• Comes in 2 colors Red or Black
  • Low quality camera = low quality pictures
  • No flash on camea :(

blackberriessuckdodo posted on Nov 11, 2011, 7:58 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 11, 2011

sucks

blackberriessuckdodo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this phone is a disgusting piece of @$#% i will never own a Samsung phone again because of this disgraceful garbage. this is a lame excuse for a cellular device. if you or a loved one are thinking about purchasing this device thing again..... because you will cry for 7 weeks and want to throw the phone down the toilet. when i was taking a picture one day the screen legit turned purple. PURPLE PEOPLE PURPLE!!

out of pity
becuase it sucks
becasue it was out of pity

Pros

Cons

• asking for it for christmas

iwantasmartphone posted on Sep 25, 2011, 4:31 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 25, 2011

good for a period of time... then poof

iwantasmartphone has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

this phone was pretty nice. everything was normal and i had no complaints to make. the screen is big enough to please u but there is a little lag during transitions between screens. just a couple days ago this phone started turning off by itself. also the battery will heat up when the phone is on. so i turned it in and got the lg cosmos 2. if u are a touch screen kind of person and u dont want a smartphone, the reality is satisfactory.

Pros

• touchscreen...yay
  • texting is easy

Cons

• internet is so slow i slept while it loaded
  • the "3 screens" is a stupid idea

iwantasmartphone alternatives:

kreekree123 posted on Sep 25, 2011, 8:09 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 25, 2011

its iffy.

kreekree123 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The phone is seriouslly indestructble, without over reaction, ive dropped it nearly 300 times. Ive dropped it in a puddle, lake, and toilet. it takes a couple minutes in rice and its good as new again.

But, on the other hand, internet is slow. and if you leave it in your pocket, everything will be moved around because it unlocks itself. Its truly very frusturating and annoying. but its a very good phone for calls, its the only phone that works in my school and community.

Pros

• indestructible(;
  • easy to use

Cons

• unlocks itself
  • not the best quality

jpjeter98 posted on Sep 04, 2011, 12:20 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 04, 2011

Piece of crap

jpjeter98 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've gone through over 5 of these things and each one gets even worse. DO NOT BUY. You'll regret it....You really will. It has a new thing wrong everyday. It freezes all the time. It wont charge. It shuts off randomly. And i cant access my pictures or camera. So i guess go ahead and buy it if you want to get mad about a new problem everyday.

Pros

• Nothing. Good for calls i guess...doesnt drop..

Cons

• Every freaking thing.

ryujuku posted on Apr 16, 2011, 11:38 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 16, 2011

It was ok

ryujuku has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

it was an ok phone, I liked it the first 3 months until it started freezing on me. the text'n was amazing, the picture quality was horrible due to the lack of coloring in the pictures taken. the call quality was really disappointing because every time I was on the phone with someone they could barely hear me.

Pros

• text'n
  • keyboard

• calling

jotruba posted on Mar 31, 2011, 11:31 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 31, 2011

absolutley sucks

jotruba has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

first off let me just say all the people that think this phone is great havent had it long enough. When i forst got it i thought this was the best phone ever. BOY WAS I EVER WRONG!!!! after about 4 months of owning it the wallpapers kept resetting wich gets really annoying after awhile i just gave up on changing them. IT seems the phone wants you to kill it. Sometimes it will be sitting on my table off and it just decides to turn itself on. It pretty much has to download something every damn day. It calls by itself all the time. TALK ABOUT THE POCKET AND GHOST DIAL PROFESSIIONAL!! Its been off and called people at school 5 times and had 3 peoples phones taken away. I cant wait to get rid of it. By the way im on my 6th replacement. It also lags alot

mtkennedy8 posted on Oct 23, 2010, 1:48 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Oct 23, 2010

Smartphone Light :)

mtkennedy8 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Especially since this phone only requires a 10 dollar data plan, it's a really good "smartphone light" choice. The three home screens are really all you need and are very useful for accessing widgets. Overall, this phone is an excellent choice for moderate internet and heavy messaging users.

While not Droid quality, the sliding mechanism and screen are solid and durable.
Especially since this phone runs on the Verizon network, reception problems are very rare.
I've had near perfect call quality with this phone.
Again, while not Droid quality (lacks flash), the internet experience is acceptable.
Especially for a dumbphone, the music player, video playback, and access to youtube and VCast is quite good.
The 3.2 megapixel camera on this phone produces good pictures overall and has replaced my digital camera in a pinch.
The simple UI is very fast and intuitive.
The keyboards are excellent for messaging.
While not the best or largest display out there, it's plenty good enough for daily use.
I usually get around 3-4 days with moderate use and longer on standby. No complaints.

Pros

• Excellent messaging features
  • Fast and intuitive UI
  • Excellent Call quality
  • Long lasting battery
  • Good quality camera/camcorder

Cons

• Smallish/low res screen
  • Somewhat thick
  • Internet somewhat limited

Samsung Reality User posted on Jul 29, 2011, 10:53 AM

Samsung Reality Review

Samsung Reality User has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone was a big mistake it turns on and off easily in your pocket, it dials people randomly even if it is next to me, and it has a terrible build as well as an awful running system. The settings are terrible to choose from i.e. ringtones, display, and you wallpapers.

Not internet friendly. You have to use a bing search to connect to anything and it takes forever to load.
Blurry and pixely terrible picture quality.
terrible picture

Pros

• Battery is ok

Cathy posted on Jun 30, 2011, 8:57 AM

Fun Phone

Cathy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

So far so good! I seem to be one of the blessed folks who purchased this phone and have had very little trouble operating it. I don't seem to have any trouble with this phone but then again I have very little expectations from it....after all it is JUST a phone and texting devise for me. I did have the Internet and email at first but then decided NOT to use it for this purpose. We can't expect this device to run and act like that of a home computer. Cell phones are PHONES...they are for our convenience when we are not at home or our offices'. I am just old enough to remember prior to cell phones and Internet.......folks......we are Not the servants of technology we simple benefit from having it to use for our pleasure and for some business! The nasty language used to describe your reviews are just not necessary. State whether you like this devise and what works and doesn't work but spare us the guttural words! Thanks!

Melissa RT posted on Jun 28, 2011, 9:37 PM

Not the worst phone

Melissa RT has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Not the best phone and not the worst. Like the build, good for texting, love the 3 different screens for your widgets. Pocket dialing is awful. You'd think it wouldn't do it but it does. Wallpapers change constantly. People have a hard time hearing me talk, find myself repeating what I had just said. That gets annoying! Picture quality isn't the greatest either. It just doesn't capture the vibrant colors. I know its a cell phone camera but I have had better cameras in the past. Internet slow. If you can look past everything else, not too bad for a first time user with a touchscreen. Waiting to get a smartphone.

Very hard to see in sunlight

shania posted on Jun 23, 2011, 1:57 PM

hate this dang phone

shania has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

ive had this phone for two weeks and it sucks it turns off on you the keyboard is really bad . the battery life only lasts 6 hours and it keeps rebooting there is so much im to lazy to type it but i HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so get the lg ally or sumthin it has such a better screen and everything

the phone shape is pretty good
bad
not that good they cant hear u good
i persibaly dont have internet
it has good features
bad keyboard

Pros

• the camera

Cons

• almost everything

Taylor Davis posted on Jun 21, 2011, 12:55 AM

PIECE OF s**t

Taylor Davis has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is the worst piece if crap I have ever had! This phone needs to go back to hell or wherever it came from, the phone pisses me off. There are so many glitches and it always freezes when I'm trying to listen to Wiz Khalifa. Honestly I wish I could have my $300 back....

Pros

• Keyboard is nice

Cons

• Makes me want to commit suicide...

Alpaccaa posted on Jun 09, 2011, 5:18 PM

OhMyGooodNess(:

Alpaccaa has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Best phone ever. My best friend has it and agreeessss:) Great picuture editting and i love the flip keyboard. Best phone I've had in a while. Great Stuff. I never use the internet but im sure it's great. I use the camera almost every second im with a friend and it works great. Definitly the phone to buy.

Well its verizon not the phone!
greeaaaatttttt ssoouunndd<3
dont use internet buttt i guess its ok:)
fabulas editting
dont know what this is :/

Pros

• texting
  • picture editing
  • messaging

Cons

• NONE!!!(:

Alpaccaa alternatives:

Apmoon posted on May 09, 2011, 3:09 AM

A bit dissapointing

Apmoon has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Well my friend picked this one up after bathing his juke. It seems OK at first, but within DAYS u can notice lag and various glitches. Random reboots,and failure to read SD card.the reception is OK,even with almost full signal,it sometimes won't send texts. Overall piece of crap.

Pros

• good cheap phone if your smartphone breaks

Cons

• feels cheap,camera sucks, UI is horrable,screen glitches, etc

OH BAM posted on May 05, 2011, 1:05 AM

Uhm - BEST PHONE I've EVER Had...So far ! :)

OH BAM has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I absolutely LOVED this phone. It was my first "Touch screen" but I liked that it has the QWERTY slider - I don't like touch screen txting. Internet usage is pretty good on it - I mainly used it for Facebook though. I am a photographer, and I can say that the camera on the phone is pretty good for a cell phone camera. There are more editing abilities on this phone (for photo's after taken, or before!) than on any other phone I've had. Like ISO, Contrast, etc...

It never froze on me, never had any problem with it at all. By far the best phone I have had from Verizon in the 8 years I have had a cell phone.

Pros

• battery life, camera, slider qwerty, call quality

Cons

• None.

Km8585 posted on Apr 07, 2011, 9:54 PM

Samsung Reality! (:

Km8585 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i had this phone for about a year and i LOVED IT! i would defenately recommend it to anyone looking for a touchscreen phone for the fist time. if you dont like it them you still have the slide out keyboard. what happened to mine, was that i was at a dance, and i was dancing but it fell out of my pocket and the screen cracked :( it then later ended up gettin purple likes and stuff. overall GREAT phone! :D

even when i dropped it it still works perfectly
never dropped a single call
perfect! could hear everything clearly
it was good if you could handle it
awesome! love it
takes awesome pictures!
hmmm idk what that is lol
i used it heavily eveyday and it kept up with me!
got everything right the first time! i have kinda small hands
it is really clear
could last up to 3 days :)

shimmyshimmyxbam posted on Apr 02, 2011, 12:11 AM

not worth it if you can avoid it

shimmyshimmyxbam has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The phone is good...for about 5 months, if that. I've had two in the past 7 months. The touch screen just doesn't hold up, especially if you use your phone heavily. My first one's (which I had for about 6 months) screen completely just shut out randomly. Now the second one's screen is delayed. Honestly, the only good part about this phone is the texting and the voice it carries. The QWERTY keyboard is very simple to use but the touch screen texting is horrible. Verizon's service is good so you don't really have to worry about that. But even with the service, the phone (both of mine) sometimes won't send or get texts at given times. I would not recommend this phone if you can get another Smartphone.

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard

Cons

• Touch Screen

shimmyshimmyxbam alternatives:

Kscan posted on Mar 06, 2011, 1:02 PM

HATE IT.

Kscan has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I thought this phone was AMAZING when i first got it, but now i hate it i always just wanna freaking toss it. I feel like im so frustrated with it. It always freezes and sometimes my texting never works. and ill take pocket pictures i seriously just hate this phone, worse thing out there! battery seriously sucks so bad , and it makes an obnoxious noise when its dying even if its on silent! its okay , but not something id recommend to someone who gets frustrated easily.

Pros

• basic

Cons

• SUCKS.

heya posted on Feb 10, 2011, 4:05 PM

4.6

the phone is a piece of shit

heya has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

the phone is a piece of garbage, my calibration is fucked and it never works. it's easy to text on, that's if it lets you even send your text. this is the second one i've had and it's complete trash. i can't stand it.

Alyssa posted on Jan 25, 2011, 8:13 PM

Samsung Reality ( black )

Alyssa has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Ive had this phone for about 2 months, It is pretty cool, I dropped it and no scratch at all the only thing that happened is I cant view my pictures, It really sucks, and all of a sudden when I try to type on the full keyboard it sounds like on some of the keys underneath them food or something is underneath, I try to clean it out and It doesnt help, The calling works good sometime people need to repeat things but who knows it could be there phone!! they texts are good sometimes cant send, the camera works better than I thought it would, The menus are cool, and its cool cause you can have 4 different wallpapers, one for the lock screen, and 3 for the 3 different screens, the web is OK but not that good. The speed is fast and pretty fast on the web just a little slower, and the battery only lasts me like 9 hours or less. Pretty good overall I guess. :)

Sometimes it doesnt work well
Sometimes people cant here me on the phone and when im in my own house I loose it!!
Works well sometimes people say oh my phone didnt even ring!!
It is slow, you cant see anything, and sometimes doesnt search well.
Its good just not in stores
Amazingly good
Good just not on the web
Pretty good
Good, sometimes cant send txts, and the keys make a sound like something is stuck underneath them
Nice and cool
Lets well

Leigha posted on Jan 08, 2011, 11:31 PM

Best phone I've had

Leigha has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love this phone! Previously had the EnV2 and though that I could never find as durable of a phone, also was a little apprehensive about buying a touch screen. I have a clear plastic cover on it which really cuts down the pocket-dialing surprisingly and keeps my phone nice and spotless. The touch screen has larger buttons for texting than other phones I've played with, also love the 3 wallpapers, I keep the time/date on all 3, calendar on one, music player on one, and alarm on the other. The only problem I have with my phone is saving pictures, it freezes up and I eventually have to shut it off (which still takes a couple minutes). I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, but I think it may just be my phone. Other than that, still a great phone!

Very great quality
Clear, large images
Camera has to be fairly still or else it tends to be blurry

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• No Camera Flash

Maribeth posted on Dec 29, 2010, 7:58 PM

If you are having issues you have bad luck apparently....

Maribeth has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I was reading some of the negative reviews of the phone and I've never had a single issue with this phone. I absolutely love this phone. I do not really need the capabilities of a smart phone but the Reality is in my opinion right under a smart phone. The web browser isn't amazing, but for someone that doesn't need to use internet constantly I don't mind it. As for pocket dialing... I've never once had it pocketdial. I lock the phone and it stays locked. And as for denting the phone too easily... I'm not sure if you're throwing it on concrete or something because I've had the occasional drops and it didn't even scratch. Take care of your phone and you don't need to worry. And as for the glitches... It was probably just bad luck with the model you got sent...

sleek and perfect size
it gets much better reception than a lot of my friends
it's pretty good if you have at least a bar reception
not a smart phone but it manages
sends pictures really fast
as good as expected on a phone
the actual speed of changing screens is pretty fast and you don't ever have to re tap something
it's a really solid phone... touch screen and a physical keyboard is perfect
love love love the keyboard. the on screen key pad is ok if you aren't typing a long message.
pretty
my battery lasts me on average 2-3 days. sometimes longer. and that doesn't mean I'm not using my phone...

Simi posted on Dec 22, 2010, 4:27 PM

Awesome phone!

Simi has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about 5 months and I absolutely love it! I switched from a Motorola Rival to this and it's a huge step up! (I've had two bum Motorola phones and I'm never getting another). I am an extremely heavy texter and the battery lasts me about 2 1/2 days. I also have really small hands and the keyboard fits perfectly. Call quality is amazing and the camera is pretty good. I haven't used it all that much though. I have a case and a screen cover on my phone because I tend to drop things, and it has held up beautifully. With my other phones, problems started showing up before this time period, but so far no problems with this one! The touch screen is really good, and for $10 a month, it's a good deal! Overall, it's a great phone!

It's small enough to fit in a pocket, but not so small that you can't use it.
I get service in places I hadn't before
It's really clear and never drops calls.
This could be better, it's slow and cumbersome to navigate.
It's a pretty good camera.
It's a great phone, great battery life, never glitches.
Texting is a breeze on this keyboard.

• Roomy keyboard

Cons

No Cons