Samsung Galaxy S5 mini User Reviews

8.9

NationGuettaTR posted on Apr 23, 2016, 9:22 AM
Posts: 38; Member since: Dec 28, 2013

A mini-king.

NationGuettaTR has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

As the title says, the mini-king. A beauty of mid-range device. Amazed by speed. Can be rated as fluent UI but you know touchwiz and thing. 1.5 GB RAM is just right for this device as well as 1.4 GHz quad core exynos processor. Great combine for a mid-range device. I have to admit i love big screen phones which is over 5.2" and more. But this one just stole my heart right away. Don't even frustate, and get it. Game performance? Well if you want to play games buy a high-end specified device :D

Pros

• Just enough amount of RAM memory
  • Water and dust-proof resistant

Cons

• Touchwiz UI
  • Not-so long-lasting but still great battery

NationGuettaTR alternatives:

Stannn posted on Feb 25, 2016, 1:44 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 26, 2015

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini

Stannn has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I like the phone, and I'm glad that they updated it to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, but the problem is just that it's too old nowadays and it has become very slow! I don't think it's worth to buy this phone anymore.

Loading some websites can take very long.

Pros

• The fingerprint reader
  • The Android Lollipop update

Cons

• The price (nowadays)
  • The battery

riurrego posted on Mar 29, 2015, 5:35 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Mar 29, 2015

Good phone

riurrego has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I like it, works fine for every-day use. Battery and UI speed could be better. The camera is amazing, really good shots and speed. The build quality despite of being plastic, is good. Currently waiting for Android 5 Lollipop, hopefully 5.1

Sometimes the speaker is really low, I sound as if I was far away.
It's really good, I love it's camera
I expected better, sometimes is really laggy. For gaming is not that good.
Could be better

Pros

• Good camera
  • Water-resistant
  • The finger scanner sometimes doesn't get it but it's good
  • The screen is really good

Cons

• Batery could be better
  • The UI speed is dissapointing
  • Price is too high

riurrego alternatives:

shalini07 posted on Mar 04, 2015, 2:05 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 11, 2015

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini with more advace features

shalini07 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The smaller version of galaxy S5, Samsung galaxy s5 mini has won the hearts of many with its upgraded features and availability at lower price ranges.The 8MP camera is definitely a feature worth mentioning. The camera unit also comes with LED Flash. For more detailed features you can check at Samsung India site.

Blondie0862 posted on Jan 27, 2015, 4:11 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 30, 2014

Big S5 Features Great Mini Size!

Blondie0862 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I Purchase this Phone from Ebay a month ago, after my Daughter conned me out of my new Galaxy S4 Mini! My Son who was a huge IPhone Fan finally got the Samsung Galaxy S5, last year after ruining 2 IPhones with water damage. I fell In love with all the features of his Phone just not the size. I told him hopefully they'll come out with a mini version! I waited forever for the S4 Mini to come out and with only 2 colors offered I settled for Hot Pink (not my favorite) for a Phone. Not knowing when or even if AT&T will get the S5 Mini, I went ahead got the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini G800H in White the color I wanted all along. The phone works great on AT&T and is a little bigger then the S4 mini which is a big Plus. It has all the features of my sons S5, is water & dust proof, and works great all around. This Phone is a very nice SmartPhone for those of Us that want smaller versions of the big ones!

Pros

• Quality, Mid Size, Call Clearity, Nice Camera
  • Fast Speed, Great Features

mohsen47 posted on Jan 12, 2015, 4:09 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Jan 12, 2015

big enough

mohsen47 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

In the name of God , most gracious and the most merciful
I've got a used sg s5 mini phone (made in vietnam by samsung) and tested its everything like waterproof and etc I have no serious complaint but I always think samsung is not a trustable company !
Finally I really want phonearena test and put the benchmarks of this phone !!!

seems compact and in my opinion Overall Better than The SG s5
before introducing well it is that famous plastics !
I Have No Doubt - Clear And Loud Speakers, but not sure about the other person !
over 11 hours in ultra power saving mode
Nice Screen And Loud Speaker but no radio not bad at gaming experience
Like S4 mini without appreciable improve no Stabilization
Trust Samsung btw
Organic Size and Screen Size
-English texting is ok but it has awful Persian Font on keyboard -Inappropriate Horizontal Mode In Keyboard
Annoying at nights for me Versus LCDs
it seems this super amoled screen drains the battery life so fast - but ultra power saving is perfect

Pros

• excellent ease of use as a mid-range smartphone

Cons

• Speakers shakes the phone !!!
  • gaming performance is not equal with the money

lilygnunn posted on Oct 22, 2014, 7:58 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 22, 2014

Lovely 'little' phone!

lilygnunn has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was torn between this and the iphone 5c. Glad I went for this, it is colourful and very easy to personalise which is nice. texting is nice and easy once youre used to the keyboard and the texting background can be personalised to a theme or personal photo which is a nice touch I think. Has some clever features, a simplify setting for those struggling with getting to use it, a power saving ultra mode which means the battery can last a day on only 10% battery (I tested this, I had 5% battery, turned it on and it lasted 8 hours of being used), the notification mode is good, if the screen is locked and you have a notification, not only will there be a coloured light flashing but if you pick it up it will vibrate to let you know there is something to look at without having to unlock it- nice touch I use it all the time and obviously helps battery life too.
Samsungs always come with so many apps already installed which I never liked but they have now introduced a setting where you can hide or uninstall the apps so you no long have to look at them! great as I don't need some of them and they clog up my neat app library.
Only downside ive had so far is call quality, not for me with the phone as the person on the phone sounds crystal clear but apparently even if I speak directly into the phone it sounds like im very distant and quiet... not great.

Could be the provider and not the phone im not sure yet.
apparently you sound very distant when someone is trying to listen to you when they call you.
I use it a fair amount and I have managed to get it to last 3 days. it will 2 easily! good for a new phone with a lot of tech!

Pros

• Very sleek
  • Quick
  • Clever notification features
  • Good camer
  • Its not an iphone!

Cons

• Call quality for other person