Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Samsung Galaxy S10+ User Reviews Back

9.1
9.9

sandino92 posted on Oct 31, 2020, 9:51 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 30, 2020

Love everything but the chipset

sandino92 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I'm reviewing this 10/30/2020 and I'm comparing it to today's flagship phones. I loved it back when I got it but I'm trying to be honest here and say how it holds up to the competition almost 2 years later. There are phones with 120 hz displays smaller notches and way better processors. The only thing I hated back when I got it and still hate is the exynos chipset which is lacking behind the SD counterpart and it is even worse in late 2020. I don't feel it lagging much in everyday use, but it's far not the best gaming phone, the Mali GPU really sucks compared to the Adreno. Also I hate the enormous cutout for the front facing cameras. it's not in line with the notification icons and push the bar even lower which costs display realestate in many apps (mainly games).
I rarely use the selfie camera and I don't care for the second sensor on the front. Im also not a huge fan of the ultrasonic fingerprint scanner. I registered many fingerpints on my thumb just to make it more responsible. On the positive side, I'm using case and a display protector and the phone is in an almost perfect condition close to two years later. The speakers are fine, the camera is decent (not compared to 2020 flagships). Samsung have done a good job on one UI (I still prefer more stock experience on android phones, but it's never happening on Samsung phones anyway so this is fine I guess). Preinstalled apps are annoying. I'm not sure if I would have gotten Oneplus 7 pro, because I love wireless charging and...

Pros

• Good build quality
  • Decent battery life
  • Decent display
  • Holds up well almost 2 years later

Cons

• Exynos Sucks
  • Front facing camer cutout is huge and not in line with the notifications
  • Ultrasonic fingerprint is not very fast

sandino92 alternatives:

Elijah85 posted on Jun 27, 2019, 5:32 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 27, 2019

S10 Plus - Great Phone

Elijah85 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great device for everyday use. Great battery life, great performance, and beautiful display. The camera quality is amazing and I love how they added the ultra wide lens. Would definitely recommend this.

PetePR posted on Jun 08, 2019, 3:48 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 28, 2019

PetePR has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I'm a very heavy user and have problems with phones and their batteries all the time, this is the first phone I had I can check on the afternoon and still has at least 40%. I honestly hoped for more I thought Samsung was going to make a battery that can hold at least 1 day, but it's better than all others phones I had. The display is amazing, crisp and colorful. No lags problems, at last they worked with the UX. Very smooth multitasking and fast internet. It's a great phone Samsung has dne a very good job.

Very solid it's really felts like you have a flagship phone.
Great signal, much better than all the phones in my family, Xs, LGV40, iPhones 6 & 7, J5
Great reception, don't have any problems in buildings or underground places
The internet is smooth no delays and fast web opening
It works perfectly with any multimedia I tried, no problems or lags
Like the photos, I'm not a fan of photos but all tha I took with the phone are perfect and clear.
Samsung has come a very long way with this, it's fast and don't lag
I'm a heavy user, everyday I have the phone in my hand, I work with it because emailing is a big art of my job.
I like the text input is very easy and friendly
This is like having a mini 4K tv in my pocket
I found it great, at least I don't have to charge it every two hours.

Pros

• Great Display, SD capability, Fast UX, fast internet

mvujad posted on Jun 01, 2019, 6:09 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 01, 2016

One of the best

mvujad has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

One of the best on the market. I really like the phone and it is close to be the best. However few things have to be improved. Battery life must be longer. Picture taken by night aren't good enough for this price. Telescopic mode is just for normal usage. GPS signal can be lost even on the city ground. Display is fantastic as well as sound.

Pros

• Very good phone for varsity of jobs.
  • Wifi and bluetooth is fast
  • Pictures and video in regular conditions are fare enough
  • Display is really astonishing
  • Design is one of the better on the market
  • UI is well organized
  • Well combined with android functionality.
  • Headset connector still in place.
  • Sound is fantastic

Cons

• UI could be faster.
  • In case you drop it, can't guarantee for display.
  • Could be less pricey.
  • Battery life should last at least for one day of heavy usage.
  • Camera in night mode not so helpful and telephoto mode could be improved to 10x.
  • GPS loses signal even in the tree shadow.
  • Wifi signal could be way better
  • Bixby is useless
  • Charging could be faster.

LalChandraGautam posted on May 14, 2019, 8:03 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 14, 2019

The best of all S10+

LalChandraGautam has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Wonderful device. The perfect one. I used since the day it is realesed in Nepal and 100% satisfied with the performance and its elegance. It's the device which reflectes your personality justifying your class.

Pros

• Design. Performance. Speed.

Cons

• Handle with care.

Koloure posted on May 14, 2019, 4:14 PM
Posts: 4; Member since: Jan 10, 2018

Galaxy S10 plus

Koloure has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I had the iPhone XS max, (256gb) but was really impressed with the S10+.
I traded in the iPhone for the, (512gb) ceramic model.
It's just that good, at least to me. Dont want to offend with my views.
Samsung have come a long way since I owned an S8, and it shows.

Keiyentai posted on May 10, 2019, 10:35 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 10, 2019

Best Smartphone and Android Phone period

Keiyentai has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am a computer tech with 26 years of experience and have programmed for Android, BlackBerry, Java Based Phones, iPhones and PalmPre (before HP bought and ended the Palm Line). I have used many A droid based phones and none Android. The S10+ is by far the best phone I have used period. Have the 128GB HDD/8GB RAM model and I have absolutely no problems with running multiple apps or games.

The camera is amazing and if you want has amazing options for FreeMode.

The speed and quickness is the best I have seen on a phone. I'm a power user so I like to tweak with all the settings. Also the battery life considering the specs is impressive. Charge times are fast as well. Overall worth $1000 and beats all phones close to the price or more expensive.

Samsung has again with the Galaxy S series hit another homerun.

Solid and doesn't feel flimsy
Great call quality.

Pros

• Impressive performance, Impressive battery, Great sound, Fast UI, Runs any games

Cons

• None besides it might be a bit pricey for people.