Samsung Galaxy Note Edge User Reviews

9.5
8.5

MichaelSanFrancisco posted on Apr 14, 2017, 1:52 PM
Posts: 11; Member since: Aug 05, 2011

2017 April Update - They Will Have To Pry My Note Edge From My Cold Dead Fingers

MichaelSanFrancisco has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I bought my Note Edge a couple years ago, and the reason I'm doing this 2017 review is because although I could buy an S8 or other flagship phone, I won't because I'm a very happy camper with my Note Edge.

I won't repeat what others have already said, but mainly what I like about it: the camera quality (takes excellent pics and video), the removable battery (this is VERY important for me. I am used to having a removable battery, so much so I can't ever give it up), the microSD slot (also very impt. for me), the gorgeous display, and the phone's speed (it is a quite fast phone).

I actually don't use the Note Edge stylus all that often, I bought the Edge for use of the second screen, so to speak, that is mostly a notification bar. It works very well for that purpose. Regardless of which app I am in, when I get a phone call, e-mail, or text message, it scrolls in the notification "edge" of the phone. Also a nice touch, the edge display/bar does not take up any of my main display area. Data appears on the curved part of the display.

My Note Edge became all the more valuable on the market (but I won't sell it) when Samsung suffered the Note 7 battery debacle. I was grinning ear to ear as I was thinking that I am the proud owner of a Note Edge, with the ability to replace a battery if it is causing me problems. In 2017 that seems a now-important feature on a "flammable cell phone."

If you are considering getting a Note Edge I highly recommend it. Most new phones on the market...

• Edge notification bar,
  • Form factor
  • User-replaceable battery
  • MicroSD slot
  • Price - $250-$300 on used market.

Cons

• None at all.

LetThereBeLight posted on Oct 29, 2015, 6:39 AM
Posts: 113; Member since: Nov 20, 2014

Samsung phone with its pros and cons

LetThereBeLight has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

So. Hardware wise it is ok except for the battery could be bigger and the line out volume is typically Samsung means not loud enough. So watching a quiet movie with headphone in an airplane is a challenge. I was very enthusiastic about the edge screen but now I enjoy only the fact that notifications goes there and an incoming call doesn't cover the whole screen and cutting me out from the thing I do like I can continue play game or whatever until I decide to take the call, cool. The flaw is what is always with every sammy phones is Touchwiz. If you already used LG or HTC or some pure android device you can compare the experience. Touchwiz is the slowest has the most lag and bug. So for me the usage experience is not so great. The screen is very cool however Samsung issue again the automatic screen dim thing set the screen always darker then I would need which is cool for the battery life but I disable the automatic many times. I never did with HTC. The camera is ok, the autofocus is slow, there is no dedicated photo button I know only Sony phones have but still it is a flaw for me. And since mostly the focus is close to infinity I don't understand why I cannot turn off autofocus set to infinity or simple switch to manual focus to avoid that huge lag between push the button and taking picture. I know most people doesn't care about this I do. I don't really have problem with the battery it can take one day so it is ok for me. Oh yeah and I hate physically home button. Once you get...

Pros

• screen

Cons

• Physically home button
  • Touchwiz (UI)
  • Weak line out (headphone) volume
  • Headphone plug in the top instead of the bottom
  • Cannot turn off wake up for home button option

G7Knight posted on Sep 29, 2015, 4:09 AM
Posts: 16; Member since: Apr 01, 2014

Such an underrated phone.

G7Knight has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Galaxy Note Edge does not get the praise it deserves. I also questioned the practicality of using this phone, but once I held it in my hands, I fell in love with this piece of art. I'd like to see Samsung make a sequel to the Note Edge with only one curved screen, not dual curved like the S6 Edge and Edge +.

Pros

• Curved Screen
  • S-Pen
  • Fast Charging

Cons

• Overheating
  • Speaker
  • Average Battery Life

RamyAbdelbadea posted on Mar 25, 2015, 7:36 PM
Posts: 17; Member since: Nov 07, 2011

unique phablet

RamyAbdelbadea has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

S-pen very sensitive and responsive , e a pretty good job with the phones ability to distinguish an actual tap over a graze from your palm. The touchwiz interface isn't that bad in my opinion but it does show a slight lag here and there depending on what you are doing. It is very minimal lag , Camera is superior but take some time to foucs

cause of metal + edge screen and wide screen that is more easy and comfortable to watch movies and browsing the web
superior camera
speedy but sometimes late
woow .. sharp , bright , makes every body around look at it
what the hell was samsung thinking when she make the battery only 3000 less than the note 4 ??!!!!!!

Pros

• Unique
  • Edge panel is so great and provides extra functionality
  • Overall perfromance
  • Multi Tasking
  • superior Camera
  • Speedy
  • S-pen responsive and accurate
  • Fast Charging

Cons

• Battery need to be
  • need some apps and work on the edge screen
  • Camera can scratch easily
  • Battery not the longest lasting

kbreeze415 posted on Dec 14, 2014, 5:52 AM
Posts: 24; Member since: Jul 21, 2012

Note Edge Review

kbreeze415 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I do not do reviews to often but I felt like I should for this one since some people are so iffy about the design of the phone. First let me say that before getting this phone I was deciding between this, the nexus 6, and iphone 6 plus. I am not biased when it comes to phones and I have previously owned an iphone 4s and iphone 5. The Iphone 6 plus was eliminated for me due to the fact that I have an iphone 6 as a work phone and I really just don't like it so apple products or not for me personally. I settled on the edge after deciding that samsung makes better use of the screen real estate with the ability to have multiple apps open at the same time as well as the added s-pen functionality. With that said I will mainly address the edge screen first. Some may see it as gimmicky but I personally found some use for it. I use for my current stock info as well as sports scores and to display my incoming messages. I know that is not a whole lot of use but it is good enough for me for now. I have yet to have an accidental tap on the edge screen so it seems like samsung has done a pretty good job with the phones ability to distinguish an actual tap over a graze from your palm. The touchwiz interface isn't that bad in my opinion but it does show a slight lag here and there depending on what you are doing. It is very minimal lag so nowhere near a deal breaker for me. the battery life could be a little better but that was a sacrifice made for the edge screen however, with moderate usage...

Pros

• Fast Charging
  • Expandable Memory
  • Gorgeous display
  • Edge screen
  • Build quality
  • Overall perfromance

Cons

• Single speaker on the back
  • Battery not as good as some competitors

techsavy posted on Nov 02, 2016, 7:46 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 02, 2016

the galaxy note edge was not good

techsavy has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

this phone sucks the only thing that was OK was the camera that was the only thing that was good on the whole phone.the ui was buggy and laggy the fingerprint scanner made the phone even slower. the build quality was OK the edge was OK i liked it it was novelty. this phone was a cheap hunk of plastic it didn't feel premium at all the only thing that was premium was the metal lining but the metal lining felt like plastic.after the three months it overheated and the internals where fried.the verdict do not get this phone its a waste of money if you want a good phone get the nexus 6.

this phone was horrible at reception
it did not work half the times
slow it did not work good
this phone had one of the worst multimedia functions
it was OK it did pretty good photos thats the only thing that was good about this phone
it was really had a lot of lag and it was slow the ui wouldn't work that good
the phone overheats and turns off and it does not work now
it corrects everything i put in on the phone it really sucks
it could be better
after buying a new battery the phone would not hold a charge

Pros

• this phone had a good camera
  • the edge was OK it was good for looks and was helpful

Cons

• the phone overheats
  • the ui was buggy and slow
  • if you planning to root this phone it cant be rooted
  • doesn't have a premium build feels cheap
  • it doesn't get android n
  • it broke after 3 months
  • the battery life was only 2 hours
  • talk time an hour

techsavy alternatives:

usmanqadir posted on Sep 29, 2015, 8:07 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 06, 2013

The Ultimate Note Device

usmanqadir has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Beautiful Phone, with SnapDragon Processor, with Note 5 out in the Market, I would still suggest my friends to buy this device,
my Favourites are
S-Pen, IR Blaster, SD Card Support, Edge Screen, and the Biometric Security.

Would have given 10/10 if Samsung had made efforts to put the Screen without gaps here and there
World Bands for LTE makes it ideal for travellers
TouchWiz is still Hanging
Need to be a bit Careful
with English, Urdu, and Arabic Support on any version I think others should think about the keyboards
Battery Size reduced as compared to Note 3,

Pros

• International LTE Band Suport
  • IR Blaster
  • SD Card Support
  • Edge Screen
  • Biometric Security

Cons

• Batery Life not upto the expectation
  • Rear Speaker

usmanqadir alternatives:

gohar posted on May 21, 2015, 5:20 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 21, 2015

excellent

gohar has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

the best mobile ever since last 3 month i have this mobile i think i ll continue with my note edge at least next 1 years..before i hv note 4 note 3 s5 s4 all mobile jst ok but the note edge mind blowing i really love that gadget..

beats audio much batter

aldhahap posted on Apr 05, 2015, 5:27 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 05, 2015

note edge is the best phone which i used ever

aldhahap has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

note edge is the best phone which i used ever
i had use moe then 100 phone but I didn't use like note edge

the best screen display ever

sagartrivedi posted on Mar 14, 2015, 6:24 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Feb 25, 2015

First Samsung Phone

sagartrivedi has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Probably this was the mobile which tend me to change from Iphone, and my first Android phone, things quite confusing intially but now after having using it for more than 5 months I love it. the only part I dont like is Camera it ditches when it comes to focus but though can be resolved with some third party apps.

Happy with it

Many times Its autofocus does not work properly and it is digusting.
add +10 amazing display.

Pros

• Edge Screen

Cons

• Camera sometimes

shalini07 posted on Feb 11, 2015, 12:14 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 11, 2015

look like an ultra-phone for most discerning tech savvy

shalini07 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone has amazing features that will mesmerize you for sure like Curved screen for more interactive display,Side panel offers shortcut to media streaming, editing, and browsing tools,Improved stylus,Software development kit allows developer to make niffy innovations. For more detail you can visit Samsung India site.

Pros

• , 5.6 inch screen that is a bit curved over the right side

Cons

No Cons

painmaster posted on Jan 16, 2015, 4:58 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 16, 2015

best

painmaster has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Beautiful phone, smooth user interface, build quality very high. Edge screen does enhance user functionality from a different dimension altogether and is accurate and responsive to touch Ultra power saving mode very handy if low batt and can stretch standby time out to 5-7 days. Fast charging will get you back up & running in no time.

juggernaut posted on Dec 07, 2014, 6:22 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 07, 2014

Note Edge Rocks!

juggernaut has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Beautiful phone, smooth user interface, build quality very high (despite previous reported concerns about this). Edge screen does enhance user functionality from a different dimension altogether and is accurate and responsive to touch (accidental taps are actually rare during everyday handling). Screen quality is fantastic and plays videos/view photos beautifully. S-pen very sensitive and responsive. Camera (front & back) quality one of the best. Multitasking smooth and effective with multi-window function. Speaker is loud & clear albeit only available from back of phone. Battery lasts 1-1.5 days with moderate-heavy use, will last longer (up to 2 days) on light-mod use. Ultra power saving mode very handy if low batt and can stretch standby time out to 5-7 days. Fast charging will get you back up & running in no time.

Pros

• Beautiful screen
  • S-pen responsive and accurate
  • Fast charging battery option
  • Ultra power saving mode
  • Edge screen provides extra functionality to enhance multitasking capabilities
  • Build quality solid
  • Micro SD slot
  • Removable battery

Cons

• Battery not the longest lasting compared to some competitors
  • Speaker only available on back
  • Power button at top of phone can be hard to reach