Samsung FlipShot User Reviews

Anonymous posted on Feb 09, 2009, 4:10 PM

I hate this phone and I am always having problems receiving calls. The phone is constantly losing calls.

Anonymous posted on Jan 14, 2009, 9:06 AM

I bought this phone last March and I have hated it since I got it.  I should have returned the phone.  The phone would randomly send my calls to voice mail after one ring.  I was told that I had to buy a new holster and the phone calls still go into voice mail.  I can't wait until March to get a new phone.  I would never reccomend this phone to anyone.

Thomas A. posted on Oct 02, 2008, 9:28 PM

Excellent phone for the price

Despite PhoneArena's review, I find this phone has excellent features, and is very appealing to people when they see that your phone can actually swivel. It has every single converter imaginable, size, weight, volume, length, temperature, and currency. You really can't go wrong with this phone, the call quality is excellent, and the camera is phenominal. The speakers are very loud, but I miss the music player from the VX-8500 chocolate. The 2.5mm jack is a let down, I had to get an adapter from Radio Shack, save yourself the time, and make sure you get the one with the 3 black rings. Verizon's website also has this listed as sdHC compatible, and its not, the max size is 2gb, but its not an iPod, and i bought it for the camera aspect, so it doesnt bother me. The screens are finger print magnets, and have to be wiped off every few seconds. I bought a $10 clear lexan case for my phone off ebay, at half the price of a leather case, it provides just as much protection, and keeps the natural beauty of the phone. It does take some time to adjust to the phone and learn how to work the camera when the screen is flipped, but it makes for getting that perfect shot very quick after the first week. I personally recommend this phone to anyone who wants to stand out from the crowd and doesnt want to carry a camera and iPod around.

Pros

• Boxy design, swivel screen, quick seach feature, bluetooth printing

Cons

• fingerprint magnet, 2.5mm headset jack, vcast music player

Anonymous posted on Sep 10, 2008, 9:16 PM

i think the phone is great. AND YES you can check the time without opening the phone, you just have to hold the button in!! duh! i mean come on.. all the people that say this phone sucks are stupid. you just have to play with it. i've had no problem with my phone getting  scratched, you just have to take care of it. apparently most people dont take care of theres. i think the font is fine, and you can change the size too. like i said, you just have to play around with it.

Krystle posted on Sep 06, 2008, 9:40 AM

hate it

this phone is absolutely terrible. i've had to for some months now and all i've had is problems mainly with texting. ie: when the view now view later screen comes up it will say one persons name and then it will really be from another person, delivery fails constantly and freezes the screen, delivery is said to be incomplete but the person somehow recieves the message. the camera is nothing to go crazy about, and the buttons are way to small to text on. it just ultimately pisses me off constantly. DO NOT GET THIS PHONE.

Pros

• camera and the effects and editing you can use on your pictures after you take them

Cons

• the buttons for texting the easy to scratch surface performance in general no many. you also can't check the time by clicking a button on the side like most phones. you have to open the whole phone up and close it again to see the time.

tip toes posted on Aug 08, 2008, 11:16 AM

5.8

terrible

The phone is stupid. I thought it was going to be the best thing in the world but i was obviously wrong. The camera isint anything special, texting on it sucks (buttons are way to small), capitalizes random letters and scratches way to easily. The speakers are not good and it echoes every onece in a while. I dont recomend it at all.

verizonfan posted on Jul 12, 2008, 4:22 PM

camera

i like the phone. camera is great. to the person that said this phone does not zoom.... yes you can. you have to change the resolution to a low resolution, then you can zoom. my speakers sound like they are blowing out, but music sounds good. also, when i text, phone automatically capitalizes random words. even if you set the text to all lower case letters. i like the phone, no other complaints.

Deda posted on Jun 13, 2008, 2:10 PM

Nothing to flip about

I purchased this about two months ago and wish to heaven I'd returned it within the 30 day time frame. While it's snappy looking and eye catching, esp. when people see you using it, it's not durable and the front isn't made out of a hi-quality durable plastic. It was scratched to hell the first couple weeks, and I didn't even drop it. The key pad is already giving me trouble. Not a great effrot by Samsung, which surprises me since they're a good name; I expected more. I'm going to have to upgrade soon as just looking at it makes me angry.
The camera is very nice, that was the thing that grabbed me when I first saw and heard about it. Like I said, it's cool and snappy looking but that's where it ends. Wish I still had my old LG.

Andre posted on Jun 02, 2008, 1:44 PM

Great

Finally someone thought of it... A camera with a phone included and not the other way around.

Kudos!!

Jake posted on May 27, 2008, 4:59 PM

Unique

I wanted a unique flip phone, that not many people have, and works great. This is the ticket. I love it. I have taken soo many pictures. The price is worth every penny. I looked at other phones such as the Gleam, too boring, and the Voyager, too expensive. This phone is great, and I love every part of it!

BLARGASP00T1 posted on May 18, 2008, 7:13 PM

SWEEET

I LOVE THE WAY IT TURNS! THE SCREEN iS AWESOME! I CAN BE TAKIN PICTURES WITH A BACKWARDS SCREEN!
it ROCKS! THOUGH THE PRICE IS $186, ITS SO GREATT!@!!@

Linda posted on May 13, 2008, 10:38 AM

LOVE this phone. Camera takes good quality pics and has a variety of features. Phone has everything I need and then some.

Regarding the reviewer who said you can't do zoom, it only works at a resolutions of 1024 X 768 or lower, as stated in the user's manual.

Jim posted on May 12, 2008, 8:32 PM

Just Wow

What a phone! I love it, and it is great to show off. I reccomend it to everyone! It really is great.

Mike posted on May 12, 2008, 2:09 PM

Cool Phone!

This really is a great phone. It is unique, and almost no one has it. Also, the camera is great for a phone, though it can't replace your regular camera. If you want a regular VCast flip phone, but with a trick up its sleeve, and like taking pictures, this phone is the one for you!

Loa posted on Apr 22, 2008, 12:36 AM

this is a dissappointment

Alright... this phone really sucks!!! no offense. I only have this phone for 2 weeks and I hate it already. First of all, it has the worst connection range area for verizon (as reviewed by others). Areas that are known to be shaky, I can still get connection w/ my cheap, old verizon phone. But, with this, I can't. Instead, I get dropped calls. Second, it takes the phone such a long time to access the GPS. Third, it takes this phone a longgg time to complete it's back-up system when I didnt even add any new contact numbers. Fourth, the volume of the speakerphone is not as loud and clear as it claimed. Fifth, it doesnt give a lot of free tones like the other v phones. Lastly, it's not as user friendly as the other phones that I have had.

There's a good thing about this phone though. The camera pictures turns out as good as it claims. However, you can't do zoom. One of the Verizon employees even helped me looked on the manual for it. Did we missed it or what? The only things I like of this phone is the design and the weight. Other than that, it's not worth it. Sorry...

Anonymous posted on Apr 02, 2008, 8:32 PM

Awesome phone

in the response from the last one there is actually a lock button on the side of the phone that allows you to lock the features on the front screen. For a camera on a phone its nowhere near perfect but its better than any other I have ever seen on a phone.. it also has tons of cool editing features..

Mike posted on Mar 29, 2008, 4:12 PM

Good phone; So-so camera

I had this phone for 30 days and was impressed in some ways and disappointed in others.

Teh phone has good build quality and feels solid if not a bit heavy in the hand. The camera application starts quickly when the screen is rotated so you have quick access for picture taking. The keyboard has a solid feel and the inside screen has good color and brightness.

What I didn't like: There is a HUGE shutter lag and the flash is weak. The flash memory is inside the face-plate so you have to remove the face-plate in order to remove the memory. The picture quality is not all that great. Nowhere near a dedicated camera even at 3MP. Also, the outer screen is so low-resolution as to be nearly useless and there is no way to turn off the audio controls on the face of the phone if you are not interested in using them.

I returned the phone and got the Q9m for $20 more and I am much more satisfied.

Vman posted on Mar 12, 2008, 4:56 PM

Better then what?

One. The voyager is not a smart phone it is a reg. Vcast fasion phone and has a full html browser the flipshot does not.
two. Of course the picture quality is going to be better its a whole mega pixel better on flipshot its what its made for.

Flip shot is a decent phone. However, If you think that it competes with the voyager tech. Let me state what it can do that flip can't

As stated full html browser. Full touch screen on the front with vibration feed back. Full key board and speakers for easy testing and web browsing. Yeah it can't flip around and take 3.0 mega pixel shots but who really cares? Doesnt everyone have a 7mp camera lying around somewhere by now.

David F. posted on Mar 11, 2008, 4:50 PM

Amazing Phone! Much better than Voyager

Really! it is! and to prove it, i put both phones up to a test. Last week, at 4:00 pm, I started up both phones at the same time. The FlipShot took 7.8 seconds, and the Voyager took 14.1 seconds. I loaded the camera, and took a picture of a simple red vase. the FlipShot's camera did a fine job, and i saw all the quality and defenition that went into the shoot. the voyager, in the other hand, had a less quality shot. It was a blury one, something that wasn't cared for. And yes, both phones DO have internet, so do not complain on the next challenge. Loading Verizon Internet. People would THINK the Voyager's internet was faster, since it is a smartphone, but guess again... the internet took 5.6 seconds on voyager, and 3.5 seconds on flipshot. Now for the last challenge, VCast. Both phones can play music, so I wanted to test the quality of the music being played. I turned on a simple song, Love Song by Sara Barrelies, just to prove the fact that the FlipShot's version sounded better. The Voyager was a little squeaky at times.
Overall, the FlipShot wins, and it is very good

George posted on Mar 08, 2008, 8:49 PM

AWSOME!

I have had this phone for a little over a week. It is my second phone, so it is very easy to say it is my favorite, as I came from the LG VX5200. I had the LG enV for my upgrade first, but I switched to this. I wanted the Voyager, but I would have had to switch plans. Anyways, the camera IS great, but can not replace your digital camera. I can't think of many cons, besides it is more thick than a phone like the Razr2 V9m, but i don't mind it. The Flipshot is a very nice phone, and I would reccomend it to everyone.

Techsavy posted on Mar 06, 2008, 6:09 PM

Faulty

alright, heres where it comes to, i bought this phone less than a week ago, i experienced problems with it as soon as i turned it on.

sounds set to me didn't save as ringtones even though it gave me the feature

another option that i bought this phone for is its bluetooth, with picture transfers and sound tranfers, i was quite excited. BUT, bluetooth didn't even work, i tried with 9 other bluetooth able phones and they all failed to connect saying that the other device doesn't support the feature even though they sent things to eachother.

fault number three: this phone restarts all the time. when i leave my aim on my phone on, and sign into aim on my laptop, it restarts, every time, and sometimes when i dont even do anything.

things i didn't like about the phone originally is its poor resolution and brightness of the external screen. even the sch-u740 has a lack of clearness in the external screen.

some pro's are the camera, swivel screen, clear resolution, double speakers

con's include external screen, signal strength, and faults mentioned

please take into consideration my opinion on this phone, although i am a student, i'm one that gets into techsavy things. this is my 12th phone. i've had at&t, cingular, nextel, virgin mobile, and now verizon.

all i can say is that this is a great phone to show off,

unfortunately, im returning it next friday to trade up to the voyager

Peter V. зуеук мя posted on Feb 23, 2008, 8:48 PM

good phone. nice camera/bluetooth.

FALLING IN LOVE WITH THIS PHONE...It is very great. It's not 100% cameras that matter for me, its also style and feel. This model, kinda has a dry paint feel, and is very bulky and heavy. I wish samsung would've stuck with the old designs, but same inervention. I very do like the bluetooth connection. It is very good and clear in my car. The phone also can hold a lot of pictures, and it has a 3.1 megapixal camera for great autofocuse use.

James posted on Feb 19, 2008, 5:44 PM

Excellent

I switch phones quite often. This is honestly the best phone I have ever owned. The camera is excellent if you take into consideration that it is a camera on a phone. It is not as good as a true digital camera, but that is okay, as it is a phone. The sound quality is superb and the screen is large and vivid. Of all the phones I have owned, this is the best.

Mark posted on Jan 08, 2008, 3:02 PM

Sch-u900

Overall quality is excellent; I owned the previous version of this phone (sch-a990) and loved it as well. The sound quality both the earpiece while talking and the speaker phone are amazing. The mp3 player is has amazing sound and is incredibly loud. Fits perfect in the hand, has good battery life. Looks good, priced well, all around it is an excellent phone. Too many features to list, look them up.