Nokia Lumia 930 User Reviews

9.5

holydemon6 posted on Jul 03, 2015, 8:00 AM
Posts: 19; Member since: Jun 30, 2015

Very good for everyday use

holydemon6 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have switched from Galaxy S5 to this one. Works a lot smoother, less buggy, more user friendly (especially calendar integration), much better battery lifetime. No annoying lights blinking and at sounds at night because the battery is full. Also the camera is faster. No way I am ever switching back to Android.

Pros

• Works fluid
  • Very good battery duration
  • Good camera
  • Good speakers
  • User friendly

Cons

No Cons

Sarajevo posted on Aug 02, 2014, 4:01 PM
Posts: 38; Member since: Nov 30, 2012

Good hardver, HQ!

Sarajevo has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Only battery could be better. Everything else is excellent, well done and really impressing...

Also, Windows Phone 8.1. is something fresh with corrections needed to be done in relation to the previous versions of OS...

Excellent things are: camera, maps, display, build quality...

KenAdams posted on Jul 19, 2014, 2:18 AM
Posts: 55; Member since: Feb 17, 2014

Best phone I have ever owned !

KenAdams has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Just got myself a green 930, and I have to say that this is the best smartphone I have ever owned. Its so fast and fluid. Loving the WP 8.1 UI. And i found all the official apps i used on my S3 in the WP store. The design of the phone is sexy. And the green color looks sick ! BEST PHONE EVER !!

Did we expect less from Nokia? Sexy, sleek, colourful and beautiful.
My carrier doesn't have the best reception in my area, but its decent for me to get fast 3G speeds.
Great ear piece quality. The speaker could be better though.
IE 11 rocks ! Its fast, fluid and renders pages absolutely like a champ.
That 1080p OLED screen is a baus! Love watching videos, and gaming is a pleasure with that fast processor and that screen.
Nokia PureView + 20 MP + OIS = Sexy, detailed and crisp photos and videos !!
Again, WP has always been smooth, and this phone is no exception. Plus that 2GB RAM & Snapdragon 800 runs this phone like a champ.
Smooth, responsive, fast, fluid, everything you'd expect from a modern flagship. Plus Cortana just makes everything so easier and convenient. Love Cortana !
The WP keyboard has always been one of the best on the market and Word Flow just makes the entire package sweeter.
Large 5 inches + 1080p res + OLED + ClearBlack + Gorilla glass 3 = Crisp, bright, vivid and a fantastic experience using the L930's display.
i've had the phone for about 5 days now, so the battery life is generally good. On par with my previous phone the S3. But again, as i install more apps and use the phone more heavily and switch to 4G, i'd expect the battery life to degrade. Nokia should have fitted a slightly larger battery, but the 2420 mAh pack should suffice my needs. Plus i also ordered Nokia's own external battery pack, so i should be juiced enough for my full 8.5 hour work shift.

Pros

• Large, vivid and crisp 5 inch 1080p OLED display
  • Fluid performance with the Snapdragon 800 quad core CPU
  • 2GB RAM for smooth multi tasking
  • Superb photos with its 20 MP PureView camera
  • Awesome, sleek and premium design and construction
  • Wireless charging
  • Smooth 1080p video recording and awesome audio capture thanks to the 4 mics
  • Fluid and modern looking WP 8.1 experience
  • 32GB internal storage

Cons

• Average battery life
  • No expandable storage

KenAdams alternatives:

mousesports posted on Jul 18, 2014, 5:32 PM
Posts: 286; Member since: Feb 28, 2013

Great hardware and fluent os

mousesports has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Solid built great display outdoor and wonderful os. Even with 30 applications installed this phone works perfectly. Nokia and Microsoft FTW
P.S I just changed my Lumia 920 and this is a big difference.

Pros

• great display and camera
  • this phone got everything i need
  • i have no problem with the sim ...

Cons

No Cons

raiter posted on Jul 15, 2014, 5:07 AM
Posts: 33; Member since: Mar 10, 2014

Good hardware, and step forward for WP8.1.

raiter has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I changed from HTCTitan (WP 7.8) to this Lumia 930 . Could not wait for HTC to build new WindowsPhone.
The WindosPhone 8.1. is huge step forward from older WP. Seems polished OS.
The Lumia 930 seems solid built. Despite bulky look and the real dimensions, it fits well into the hand. I`d say, it feels less bulky, than holding Sony`s Z or Z1 in the hand.
I have doubt about the Lumia`a 930 SIM slot - it opens too easy - if phone fells or rocks hardly, the sim could be lost.
The camera and attached apss are amazing. Noka really has given additional value to the products, with Nokia`s own apss as the NokiaCamera, here Drive, etc.
The largest con: the device heats up. Not too hot, but really warm in the lower part of device (where You usually hold it in the hand). Really uncomfortable.
The display settings do not allow to dim enought. In darkness the screen still looks too bright.

Pros

• Great camera and apps for it.
  • Feels comfortable in the hand, despite its dimensions.

Cons

• Device gets hot after 2- 3 minutes of using.
  • SIM slot too loose.
  • Too less screen brightness adjustments.

Anton1o posted on Nov 23, 2015, 4:52 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 23, 2015

Lumia 930 Review

Anton1o has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

One of the best phone I had. Perfect camera, you can not believe it comes from device. Fluid OS. I had no problem with finding apps. Only negative is battery, in need to charge it in car every day and phone becomes hot fast.

Mateja94 posted on Jul 31, 2015, 8:58 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Jul 31, 2015

Nokia Lumia 930 Review Phone of Dreams

Mateja94 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

You won't regret on Lumia 930.It has full Xbox Compatibility Specifications are so sweet.Graphics on maximum.Its easy to make a scratch but it has 3310 genes and It's beautiful.Lack of apps but Games are Incredible.20 MP PureView Perfect combination.The UI well Its really fast.Provides evrything that I need even more.Screen is Unbelivably good.Well Battery life is kinda short but I play the best games.Nokia Lumia 930 Isn't perfect but it's phone of dreams well Gaming dreams and all other dreams and I highly recommend it.

Its easy to make a scratch but it has 3310 genes and It's beautiful.
Lack of apps but Games are Incredible
20 MP PureView Perfect combination.
Its really fast
Provides evrything that I need even more.
Its ok
Screen is Unbelivably good
Well Battery life is kinda short but I play the best games

Pros

• Screen is perfect
  • Specs are so sweet
  • It's Strong and Nice lookin'
  • UI is incredibly fast
  • Camera is Incredible
  • You can play every game on Maximum
  • No bugs

Cons

• Battery life is kinda short for a gamer
  • After long usage the metal starts to be so hot
  • lack of apps

Mateja94 alternatives:

asgeirasgaut posted on Dec 03, 2014, 6:42 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 03, 2014

Better than iPhone 6 for less Money!

asgeirasgaut has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is by far the best phone I have ever had the chance to own. The only thing that lacks is the App selection which doesn't really matter to me because all of the main apps are available such as YouTube, Netflix, IGN, Hulu, etc. This is one solid phone, it feels like a lot of effort was put into the build quality. I really love the beveled glass on the screen. It makes the phone look and feel better than other phones. It gets great reception as well. It was pretty easy to see how much better it is because my fiance gets dropped calls consistently in certain spots in town (I did with my old phone too). It was as reliable as gravity in those spots. My Lumia 930 very rarely gets dropped calls in those areas! The call quality is great too, it is easy to hear on both ends of the spectrum (you and who ever you call). Internet browsing is also amazingly crisp and smooth, its even better than my Samsung Tablet 2 10.1!!! You can easily stream music and videos in 1080p, I can tell the picture quality is way better than previous/current phones. The camera is 20 megapixels, so tue pictures look astounding. Not only that, but this camera has a wide array of selections for how to take the picture. The video is surprisingly good quality too. Especially considering that there are 4 microphones placed all over the phone so you can get a surround sound effect to your videos. The user interface is incredibly easy to use and looks great. Keep in mind that if you have never owned a windows...

TasosF posted on Oct 07, 2014, 7:06 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 07, 2014

Best WP!

TasosF has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My first WP! At first i had doubts about changing from Android to WP, but in time my phone proved to me that it is my most important partner. Microsoft provides great apps for every task and the collaboration between hardware and software is the best!

Strongest phone i have ever held!
4 microphones, HD voice!
Internet Explorer needs improvement! And currently other great browsers do not exist in Windows Store. P.S. Most Web browser developers will soon start working towards WP!
Xbox Music needs improvement!
No lag! Lightning fast!
Bigger battery would be great!
Beatiful keyboard UI! Fast and smart word proccesing!

sljivan posted on Sep 08, 2014, 2:30 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 12, 2013

My First WP smartphone

sljivan has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My last phone (like many others) was Nokia with Symbian OS - E7. So I was looking for a new OS since Symbian is one and a half foot in the grave, but I didn't want to give up on some known Nokia qualities, so decided to stick with it and was NOT dissapointed.
Before Lumia I had a chance to try Android and disliked very much the necessity of internet and google access.
Some of the things from symbian I miss (like much less customisation is available, dictionary for symbian was a killer,...), but then I am reasonable user. I got some other things I didn't have on Symbian (speed, much more apps, sensors work better...).
Today I am pleased with this phone. Like it very much and use it gladly.
It is robust, very good built, amazing display and camera, very good battery, enough space on phone (and cloud). Watching movies on it is some experience.
I recommend.

I can not find anything lacking. Everything is firm and solid. No cracking. Glass is resistant. Feels great in hand. No SIM tray problems (like other users).
Nothing to complain about. Works better than my old E7 (GSM, Bluetooth, WiFI... everything).
Wonderful. Sound is loud enough, very easy to control volume. And as I have heard from others, they hear me also excelent.
I was sceptic about IE, but am very pleased. Smooth, fast, easy to navigate and look.
Very good. In combination with this amoled 5' screen it is a killer. Only thing I would like to have is preinstalled mkv and avi support. Subtitles would also be fine. I couldn't manage to make them work yet. But also very easy to use.
Killer. Best camera I ever had. Fast, responsive. Photos are great. Colors great, sharpness.
Laging is past tense. Enough CPU and RAM power. Looks great with transparent live tiles. Only thing i would like to add is a slider (for vertical scrolling) which you can control for faster scrolling.
I read a lot about WP 8.1 and was a bit scared what will I get. But was very pleased. It works like charm. Fast, very well designed, customizable (by some extent compared to symbian), love using it. Everything is just a fingertip away. I miss dictionary from Symbian where you could download languages. Also I would sort the seetings a bit. Maybe merge some of them toghether. Despite size fits nice in pocket and is not hard to carry around.
I hate writing on touchscreens (especially after Nokia E7 with full QWERTY keyboard). But since display is large it is not sooo bad. The only thing I would like to have sliding prediction for my native language (croatian) too. For english it works GREAT! Maybe in time they add croatian too. For now i installed Slyder and it works better than I had expected.
Great. Best I ever had. I cannot believe how much of a difference it is between this and my last one. Also it is very smooth to touch, scratch resistant. It feels like touching a gem! I love it!!!
Why 10? Maybe for someone it is not 10. There are probably better batteries around with higher capacity, but what I need from it, it delivers. Moderate usage, 2 days, no problem. I have sveral conversations and a dozen of text's or whatsapp messages during work. I surf a bit and check social media. WiFi always on + bluetooth always on while in car. Few recorded pics or videos during the day. I don't play games. Rarely play videos. Navigation here and there. And after two days it is around 40%.

Pros

• Very fast and responsive (never lags)
  • GREAT camera and display
  • BEST navigation around (and totally free)
  • Reasonable number of apps
  • Build quality is lightyears away from competiton
  • Conectivity and sync with PC, cloud, email,...

Cons

• no Cortana for Croatian (yet)
  • no slyding predictive text input for Croatian (yet)
  • no smart dialing preinstalled (have to use third party app)
  • no customizable dictionary (like Symbian has)

aymanbasel posted on Aug 18, 2014, 3:40 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 06, 2014

Nokia Lumia 930

aymanbasel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Scratch resistant and resistant to shocks

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• Very heat battery when using just five minutes
  • When using a camera inside such as a home it's very bad but if I using a camera outside it's very good ... I don't know why !!!!!

Scott123 posted on Jul 28, 2014, 12:47 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 28, 2014

Thoroughly Impressed

Scott123 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Was an Apple fan then switched to a Samsung AITV windows phone. For business I prefer the windows operating system, however, wasn't impressed with the Samsung. Just purchased the Nokia 930 (online as it is not available in Canada) and absolutely love it!

The case is comfortable and doesn't feel like it is going to slip out of my hand like other phones. There is a little bit of weight to it, but again I prefer that because the lighter phones feel too flimsy to hold onto. The screen is excellent,. Very clear and bright, (no problem in bright sunlight). The UI is fast, and easy to use. With the ability to change the background picture, in my opinion, it is far more esthetically pleasing than any of the Android or Apple phones. As far as comments about games, I don't use my phone for games so this really doesn't matter to me. I do hope however, that some of the home automation software developers take note and build software for this platform I think that with Blackberry now gone, this phone will definitely turn some heads in the business community. Too bad it won't roll out in Canada or the USA, which I think is a big mistake on Nokia's part. I would definitely recommend this phone to others.

BUCKWEED123 posted on Jul 24, 2014, 5:38 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 24, 2014

Seriously impressed

BUCKWEED123 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Upgraded from a Lumia 920 and the improvements are immense. Definitely an overall improvement, build, finish, OS enhancements, camera - all top notch and premium feel. The screen is just immense, easy to view in high sunlight, wide viewing angles, awesome colours and brightness.

Such a quality build, miles ahead of the competition you see from Samsung etc
Perfect signal, no issues whatsoever
Call quality is just perfect, no complaints at all
Excellent browsing experience, nice new improvements from the browser in the 920, swipe left and right to go back/forward, private mode browsing, perfect
Amazing quality sound and video, nokia mixradio is awesome, audio and video quality is brilliant
One of the best features of the phone, of which there are many. The quality is awesome, colour reproduction is spot on.
Windows Phone has always been fast and responsive - with the added upgrade in processor hardware, its just immense
Love it, totally sold on windows phone since the 920, and this has just enhanced every area of that.
Love the new keyboard input, its seriously accurate and fast, a definite winner!
The most impressive feature of this phone. It's awesome, everyone that has seen it has commented on the sharpness and detail of the screen. Amazing
Even with the amount of playing and messing I'm doing with the phone every day since getting it, and the fact the screen is so big and bright, I'm still getting the full day easily out of it.

• UI Speed and responsiveness
  • Graphics are seriously impressive

Cons

• None so far!

billy3010 posted on Jul 20, 2014, 2:42 PM
Posts: 3; Member since: Dec 09, 2011

Windows - getting there

billy3010 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The 930 comes with windows 8.1 installed and at last, the platform is acting and looking like a proper OS. I adore Nokia phones, especially the Lumia range. The 930 is solid, classy and feels premium. The 5" HD screen dominates the front of the phone and with Nokia's design, it looks like an infinity screen - seamless from edge to edge.

Quad core @ 2.2 and 2GB ram - everything flows beautifully
Love the Nokia's/MS keyboard - typing quickly is a breeze.
crisp, clear, colourful and stunning blacks
my alternative phone is the LG G2 and the Nokia 930 doesn't compare, but its ok for a days use (just)

• HD Screen
  • Windows 8.1

Cons

• Weight

billy3010 alternatives: