Motorola V170 User Reviews Back

May Lovelace posted on Jul 08, 2009, 5:00 PM

My good little buddy.

I've been very happy with this phone. With no interest in bells and whistles, I got exactly what I was looking for, a nice strong little phone. It's held up nicely for a few years now and my only signal strength problem happens in the one place in town where everyone has a problem. It's been a great little friend and I'm passing it on to my daughter so I know she has a reliable phone that I can trust.

Pros

• Not alot of bells and whistles.
  • Sturdy
  • Reliable

Cons

• Haven't found one yet.

Jon posted on Aug 28, 2006, 7:25 PM

Ehh.

Alright, well, this was my first phone ever, I got it last summer, ditched it around Christmas.
Well, it did what a phone is supposed to, make phone calls. But, after seeing all my friends eventually get great new phones with a lot of features and large screens, I was forced to part with it. I wish they would have increased the internal screen size and att least put an outside screen on it.
All in all, it was a great little phone that made calls, but unfortunately nothing else.
I now have the e815. I love it.

Cynthia Lambert posted on Aug 14, 2006, 1:10 AM

motorola v170

This is my second Tracfone and I am pretty happy with it.I love the small size of it and the small screen does not bother me one bit. What I love the most about it is the fact, it being a flip phone means my blind husband can answer it and shut if off without me being around. The one thing I do not like is Tracfone does not tell you that if you buy it through them you cannot download anything! That was the main reason I bought a new one, so I could download ringtones. Anyway if you want a decent phone for around fifty dollars, I'd suggest this one.

photodiver@comcast.net posted on Aug 07, 2006, 8:39 AM

Motorola V170

This is my 2nd tracfone. First was a Nokia and I did not like it. This one is awesome great signal strength. If I refer u to tracfone we each get 120 free minutes. We can do this even if you have activated in last 30 days. If interested send me an email. I love this phone. Its features are basic but it works great. most of all I like the signal strength

Cellphones posted on Jun 16, 2006, 1:26 PM

5.6

ok

this phone is ok but it sucks in many features the scrren is to small tat its kind of embarrising to have you friends see. You cant download anything, and the signal strength is very bad because you lose your signal right away if you move form your spot.

it has a good outside and has cool games( kind of)

old man posted on Jun 14, 2006, 2:56 AM

Its a Phone!!!

Its a phone. So if you are looking for a good phone without all the crap this is it! I don't want a phone that takes a Phd to operate. I don't care that I can't watch a movie on it, its a phone!!

Tracfone posted on Jun 04, 2006, 8:24 PM

This fone sucks

i don't recommend this phone for anyone! i am a tracfone user and this is pretty much the newest phone they had available in my area so i had to buy it. its screen is also tiny and you can barely see anything on it. it has no good features, you can't download games or wallpapers on it, and it doesn't even have a browser!! overall i think it is the cheapest phone ever made and it is a waste of money

NTM posted on May 10, 2006, 12:12 PM

ITs GREAT

this is a great phone for your money, i highly recomend that u get it..it doenst scratch easily..although the screen size is rather small, its great for teens gettinga first phone...good going motorola

cara posted on Mar 05, 2006, 5:50 PM

phone

i got this phone 2 weeks ago and i think that when it comes to ringtones this thing stinks....it doesnt have a browser which stinks as well...but over all its ok...

R Kalmer posted on Dec 28, 2005, 6:08 PM

Motorola V170 Powering On and Off Tune

I like everything about this phone except for one annoying feature that can't be undone. (I contacted Motorola and Tracfone). It plays an annoying tune powering On and off. Your only option is to have everything vibrate only. Try this in a quiet room!!! Wonder who the brilliant person was who thought of this!! Makes me want to get rid of the phone for no other reason.

beef posted on Dec 18, 2005, 11:08 PM

5.2

hunk of crap

this phone is a hunk of shit. cant find ringtones for it. hard as hell to make ones on it. mine is a tracfone so that makes it more terrible. I think that its is a waste of money.

Steven posted on Nov 28, 2005, 7:59 PM

Motorola V170

I just got this phone and i personaly think it is awsome.......so much better than my old phone and if u r one for customising there r covers,lights and soooo much more to pimp this phone out!

q t posted on Nov 20, 2005, 7:22 PM

crazy

well i got the phone about 2 months ago and i am struggling with ring tones too. as far as service it is hard to get decent reception. i wouldn't recommend getting a nextel before this phone

jimbowlie posted on Oct 26, 2005, 10:57 PM

roaming on my couch

This phone sucks! It goes into roaming while I am sitting on my couch! The sound is nice and some of the features are decent! But, poor reception and switching into roaming does it in!

Frank Castle posted on Oct 01, 2005, 10:02 AM

4.4

Horrible

This phone is horrible. I've had it for two months and it is already acting up. It won't keep my sent messages, doesnt ring when somebody calls and wont allow me to keep go ring tones.

Helen posted on Jul 20, 2005, 6:33 AM

6.4

Motorolla V171

It is a cute and stylish phone. Bought the phone for my son but struggling to download cool polyphonic ringtones, wallpaper, etc. Please send us a website where he can download new ringtones.

christina posted on May 06, 2005, 1:06 PM

ringtones

can you download any other ringtones to the phone?

Motorola v170 Owner posted on Apr 25, 2005, 7:33 AM

The *New* MOTOROLA V170 AVAILABLE NOW!

The Motorola v170 is more of a special edition phone. It is not currently available at major retailers in the United States, yet. It is a very stylish phone, practical, but with many feautures. I currently own the v170. I purchased it from the TracFone store. If you're a current TracFone user, I suggest you update to this phone. However, if you're a new user, maybe you should go purchase this phone package. It will cost you no more than $80.00 at a local Wal Mart store or a TracFone retailer.

sami posted on Mar 08, 2005, 4:11 PM

great phone

this is a great phone for your money, highly suggest it for anyone. nothing else to say

kiki posted on Mar 07, 2005, 2:06 PM

kiki

This is a very stylish phone I reccomend it for kids because it is easy to use, has great games, and looks cool. It also doesnt scratch easily. The soound quality is sometimes poor, but not a lot. This is a great phone for your money! i reccomend it completely!