x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Everyday usage9.4/10
UI speed9.4/10
Camera9.2/10

kick413
posted on 28 Mar 2017, 15:39 (Posts: 115; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)

LG v20

kick413 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Picked this phone up after about 5 months with the iPhone 7plus, because i missed android. love the big display and the second screen. It seemed like a gimmick at first but as time went on i realized how much i liked it. Day time shots are great, but night shots can be a little "grain-y". Wished LG would've used a slightly bigger battery as i only get about 4hrs SoT with moderate use. But quick charge is always great. Overall nice phone.

Pros

• Beautiful display
  • 64gb on board with sd card slot.

Cons

• Barley 4 hrs of SoT
  • night shots are noisy
  • no IPXX

Robert235
posted on 22 Oct 2016, 20:02 (Posts: 64; Member since: 30 May 2010)

LG V20 is an absolutely extraordinary phone

Robert235 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone has features unique features like the control over your microphone while recording video or just audio, second screen, Nougat out of the box and etc. The sound both from the speaker and the headphone port is louder and more crisp over the v10.

The camera is of the best I have used on a cell phone and I found myself using the wide lens camera more often than I thought. Battery life is a big improvement over the V10, I get on average 6-7 hours screen on time even with the second screen alway on and I get 4hrs SOT with heavy usage, in contrast to the v10 4-5 hrs average SOT. The only two cons are that LG couldn't like you customize the screen off functions of the second screen like and added a higher capacity battery.

Pros

• Beautiful Screen
  • Improved auto brighness
  • Camera is amazing
  • Studio like recording
  • Fingerprint scanner is lightning fast
  • Build quality feel robust
  • Fast is very fast even when plugged in computer

Cons

• Music player barely changed since the G3
  • Second screen could have more customization
  • Battery capacity could been higher for a flagship phone

jacobturk99
posted on 01 Nov 2017, 19:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Nov 2017)

LG V20

jacobturk99 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had nothing but a great experience from my v20 since owning it, it has great speed, more than enough storage, an excellent duel camera setup, a secondary screen, fantastic screen resolution, and, most importantly, a removable back.

Reception 10/10 I have had great service with this phone
Call quality 10/10 HD audio calling is fantastic
Internet 10/10 It browses just how it shoud
Multimedia 10/10 It crushes anything I throw at it.
Camera 8/10 Main shooter is great, I wish the wide angle camera had more megapixels, similar to the v30.
UI speed 9/10 LG's Android is fluid and smooth
Everyday usage 10/10 Great battery life, great performance, no other words needed
Text input 9/10 Keyboard took some getting used to coming from Samsung, but great once figured out
Display 10/10 Superb resolution and brightness, comfort view at night is a bonus, as well.
Battery 9/10 Unless I do some heavy gaming sessions, I can easily get an all day usage, and it charges super quick as well

Pros

• Great performance
  • Long battery and quick charging
  • 64 GB of storage and expandable microSD slot
  • Removable back
  • Great screen quality
  • Fun to use camera setup
  • Secondary screen

Cons

• No water resistance
  • Lower quality secondary camera

jacobturk99 alternatives:

Cellick
posted on 05 Sep 2017, 23:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Sep 2017)

It's kinda good.

Cellick has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Decided to buy v20 instead of Galaxy s7. Not impressed. First problem - battery. I have to charge the phone during a day. Reception isn't the best. Maybe because I'm a Tmobile customer.
4GB of RAM memory isn't enough these days. 64 GB of storage too. The phone gets hot.

Pros

• Replaceable battery
  • Call quality
  • FM radio
  • Fingerprint scanner (sometimes doesn't work well)
  • Video recording
  • Speed of battery charging (if you have a good charger)
  • Relatively fast responsive
  • Big display

• Quality of the display
  • Gets hot
  • Glitches
  • 4GB of memory isn't enough these days
  • Front camera isn't good as I would want
  • Problems with data transfer through cable
  • Not water resistant
  • Wide camera mode isn't good sometimes
  • Music player isn't good enough
  • Second screen isn't fully customizable
  • Not loud call sound

hugebezelsplease
posted on 08 Aug 2017, 03:59 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jul 2017)

Best phone released in years!!

hugebezelsplease has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

When I got my first smartphone, I'd always used Mac computers, so I assumed I'd get an iPhone.

Then I looked at functionality, and saw that for less money, android phones (the Galaxy s4, specifically) had many more important features, like a removable SDcard for super cheap portable storage, and a removable battery, so I never had to worry about loosing power for more than 5 minutes (if I planed appropriately), not to mention the option of a fresh replacement when the first battery starts to dwindle. As a cherry on top, a built in infrared remote, so I could control my entire entertainment system with my phone.

I, of course, went with the s4, and have stuck with android, despite a lot of backward progress from phone manufacturers.

As Android OEMs have begun to dismantle their hardware advantages in the name of style, (mostly because vapid tech reviewers only focus on how slim and shiny new phones are, then talk about 15% more battery like it makes up for all the disadvantages of a sealed phone) the V20 is the first android phone I've had since that S4 that hasn't been a bundle of compromises.

I love my V20, I finally have my IR remote again, and the second screen is incredible. I've never been without a removable battery, but this is the first time the phone has also felt as solidly and seamlessly built as a sealed phone.

I couldn't care less about the slick cameras or crazy good digital sound, but they sure are nice to have (I'm amazed by the HD recording on this thing,...

Pros

• REMOVABLE BATTERY
  • Infrared Remote
  • Amazing Second Screen
  • Huge storage capacity
  • Multimedia Wonder

samdregia
posted on 19 Jun 2017, 04:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jun 2017)

I am just excited to have a removable battery again

samdregia has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I actually just purchased a V20 for, I was looking up all the different options, and I love music so normally I go with HTC phones, but as I said I did my research, the drivers that are in this phone make the sound quality better then any other, I understand that people are sour that the battery doesn't last forever, but the whole reason I had to buy this phone was cause my s6 edge's battery went bad after a year and a half, and there was nothing I can do about it, so I am just happy that now, its only a ten dollar fix instead of a whole new phone, but I will come out with a more complete review, when I have used it more!!

Pros

• my next review will have more

joedow325
posted on 28 Dec 2016, 23:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Dec 2016)

This is such an AMAZING phone!

joedow325 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have gone through a few phones, starting from the LG G4, Galaxy s6, iPhone 6s Plus, to the iPhone 7 Plus, and I can say that this is the best phone out of all of them! To begin with, this phone has an excellent build quality. Even though I keep my phone in a case, the metal of the phone feels amazing in the hand. And lucky for me, I have big hands, so I definitely appreciate the big size of the phone. The display is outstanding. It is the best non-amoled screen I have ever seen. It is extremely sharp and the colors are very accurate. Along with it being great, the battery is also great. I have noticed that it charges the fastest when you are using the included quick-charging plug rather than an aftermarket one.

The UI speed is good, but it's not great. I do notice some lagginess here and there, but it's never terrible.

I never thought that I would be using the second display so much! It is very useful. From just having my phone on my desk or a table and quickly glancing over at it for the time or notifications without having to turn the screen on is very handy. I can use it to open preset apps, quick settings such as WiFi or turn on the flashlight, or even quickly call or text my favorited contacts.

The camera is great. The wide-view camera, not so much. When you use the wide-view camera in certain lighting, it makes everything look washed out and pixelated. But the regular camera is the best I have used. Everything always looks sharp and accurately colored....

Pros

• Removable battery
  • Accurate and extremely fast fingerprint scanner
  • Great camera
  • Beautiful screen
  • Great feel in the hand
  • SD card slot expandable up to 2tb
  • Second screen very helpful
  • Dual screen mode
  • Quick charge 3.0
  • IR blaster

Cons

• Wide-camera bad quality (sometimes)
  • A bit laggy due to LG's UX skin
  • No water resistance

rbmusica
posted on 10 Dec 2016, 03:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Dec 2016)

The best android phone with removable battery and expandable storage

rbmusica has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Kudos to LG for making the one and only flagship Android phone with removable battery and expandable storage. I tried many times the non removable battery options (galaxy S6), but it's simply not working for me.....until batteries will last for several days/weeks.
I always buy the phone and 3 batteries. I have a slow external charger so one battery in the phone, the other with me as spare, and the last one is charging.....and when you're travelling or having a real business on the move this is the only option, Thanks again LG for reaching out and listening to its customers!!!

Pros

• the one&only flagship phone with removable battery, thanks LG!
  • expandable storage
  • audio quality - if you're serious about audio, this IS THE phone for you
  • reception, miles ahead of samsung and apple
  • screen, camera and all, it's simply the best phone out there as of dec 2016

Cons

• secondary display not fully customizable

jbyt0822
posted on 10 Nov 2016, 10:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Sep 2016)

Best Android Phone

jbyt0822 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Coming from Galaxy s7 edge, I find this phone to be my best android phone so far. It's ultra fast, don't think it ever stuttered a bit so far. Its display is just fantastic(I saw critics prefer LED display over IPS, but for me personally I don't think I can ever go back to AMOLED display).

It's a very big phone though, especially when using it with a case the phone is just gigantic. It's a very tough phone overall(military spec) so you might think you don't need a case, but I have heard camera glass being very fragile.

If you don't mind carrying a big phone, this is definitely a phone worth considering.

Pros

• beautyful QHD display (best screen ever)
  • Ultra fast and snappy
  • Awesome audio quality

Cons

• way too big
  • camera glass

himalmagar
posted on 07 Nov 2016, 22:49 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2016)

Best phone i ever had

himalmagar has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Tbh, this phone is the best. Go and grab it, you'd love it for sure. I've used note 7 too, then I upgraded to v20. So far, this is better than note 7, beside waterproofing.
Battery gets charged to 100% in 86 minutes, while iphone 7 plus takes more than 3 hours to get full charged. So 3200 mAh is good enough.
LG- life's good.

Pros

• UI speed
  • Fingerprint scanner is real fast
  • Great cameras
  • Android 7.0
  • Removable battery
  • Audio and video recording is fantastic
  • Nice design
  • Speed of battery charging

Cons

• No waterproof

New and Refurbished