LG Optimus T User Reviews

8.1
8.1

Leon101 posted on Feb 28, 2012, 7:59 PM
Posts: 90; Member since: Feb 27, 2012

THIS phone is not that great!!!

Leon101 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is my first android and is not going that HOT with me... I had problems and still have problems with this phone i would like to change "BUT NOOO" Tmobile dont let me! Uhhhhhhhhhh i want to end the contract!!!!

really bad

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• EVERYTHING

johnthebreeze posted on Mar 29, 2012, 5:48 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 29, 2012

Great entry-level prepaid smartphone

johnthebreeze has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I actually bought this phone used on eBay and unlocked it to work on AT&T's GoPhone service (which works best for me in my areas). I chose this over AT&T's own Thrive which lacks Swype (which I enjoy using). Having been a long-time user of "dumbphones" I enjoyed the call quality of the Optimus T.

Sure there are probably multitudes of better smartphones out there that'll get you more bang for your buck ... but I was satisfied with this phone based on price and what I needed it to do. The battery life and camera quality on this phone are about average with similar priced androids and the user interface speed is fairly good ... now if only these would come sans bloatware I think we'd be fine.

If you're looking for a good android but don't wanna spend too much give this one a try.

AlphaZuluBravo posted on Jul 13, 2011, 1:11 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Jun 28, 2011

Optimus T Revised

AlphaZuluBravo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's a good phone, unless you plan on using to browse the web, or watch movies, or do anything that remotely requires a fast processor because this phone cannot handle it. I love the Android operating system, but it needs much better hardware to run Android smoother. A couple times a day it'll just choose to restart and it either becomes non-responsive with the screen on or just black. So I have to take out the battery and restart it. But there are some things this is good at, it can take pictures, listen to music and use most Android apps well and the battery is pretty good too. But overall, do not get the phone unless you really have to or can tolerate restarting multiple times a day.

• Music

Cons

• Crazy Slow

AlphaZuluBravo posted on Jun 28, 2011, 6:29 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Jun 28, 2011

Optimus T

Pretty good phone overall, though it's processor is pretty slow. I love the Android operating system. The only bad part is I think the processor is way too slow, once a day the phone will become unresponsive then I either have to take out the battery and restart it or wait for it to do whatever.

Feels solid and I like the texture of the plastic.
It's T-Mobile so I don't get great reception indoors but outside it's pretty good. (Orange County)
Sounds good, no problems.
I only use it on wifi but it works fairly well, thought using the swype keyboard is kinda sketchy sometimes.
I listen to music all the time on it and it works pretty good.
A fairly decent camera, it's only 3.2 mp so don't expect much.
Sometimes it works but alot of times it's choppy because this phone only has a 600 mHz processor.
It's great when it's not too bogged down with processes.
It's really great but again it's not so that good if there's a lot going on.
Not exceptional but it's bright enough to be well seen in daylight but works great indoors on the lowest setting.
Pretty good, it lasts almost all day with moderate use.

• Operating Systen

Cons

• Processor

e-meth posted on Apr 24, 2011, 12:40 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 24, 2011

great phone

e-meth has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

great phone great value just needed a basic phone and it had to have android......perfect belnd of style and utilities...............good phone overall from the music player to the widgets for the home screen battery life is on point. Wish the screen was just a little bigger for texting but it just takes some getting use to........also wish it had a hard key to make and end calls but the search button does help

Pros

• great great great phone...........especially the price you get more than you pay for

Cons

• texting swipe add on takes sum getting use too....

TampaDG posted on Nov 23, 2010, 2:02 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 23, 2010

Cheap but good

TampaDG has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I looked at a lot of phones and in no way can you equate a $240 phone with a phone that costs twice as much. BUT, maybe you don't need a $500 phone. For my personal needs, I need to talk on the phone, text, use Google voice actions (android 2.2), send and receive emails. That's it! I don't watch a lot of video, I don't play games with my phone, I rarely use it to surf the web (since I sit on my backside all day in front of a screen). It does exactly what I need it to do, but does not offer a lot of the cool factor toys that other phones offer.

I am OK with that.

Serves my every day needs for calls and email.

Happy_Clam posted on Aug 02, 2011, 3:14 AM

Would buy again.... nearly 9 months later

Happy_Clam has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I purchased this phone for full sticker price ($240) 1 week after its release and now that it's selling for ~$150, if I dropped it in the toilet I'd buy another one.
All issues I had with the phone were T-Mobiles fault. They made a mess of ROM included. If I didn't know about the Optimus One roms available I'd likely be an unhappy customer. Then again all American carriers take the liberty of crapping on Android phones with their demoware and backdoors... err "update channels??"

In the end this is the best bang for the buck even today.

Note - my ratings are relative to an Android device in this price range. It's rated high not because I think it's as good as a Tegra dual core device but because you simply can't get better for the price

The plastic screen isn't that bad and though the case is a rubberized plastic it's fairly durable

blahhh posted on Jun 30, 2011, 3:05 PM

Great phone.

blahhh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had this phone for 2 weeks now and im loving it! Its a good speed good camera good features good mostly everything. I watched phone arena's video review about this phone and I kinda doubt what he said cause this phone is great. I think it should be like $50 thats what it should be worth cause it gives you more then $30. This phone is just great i made a good choice. :-)

Pros

• Its very fun and colorful to have.

Cons

• The battery but its not a big problem its pretty good

tristixoxo01 posted on Jun 21, 2011, 3:41 PM

Amazing phone so stop hating

tristixoxo01 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

A few people comment UNovibous things about this phone. I had this phone for a while now and its just great! Great apps, easy to use , and really fun entertainment. You can never get bored with this phone, I just love it. It has features that you wont ever expect on this phone! Its just a fantastic phone. No way its $30 its worth like $70. I really am enjoying this phone. Texting is fun to everything is great on this phone anyone will be more then happy to have this phone.(:

Pros

• Everything!

yourmom posted on May 17, 2011, 9:55 PM

AWESOME PHONE ! ; )

yourmom has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've been studying about this phone for a long time, and then i finally got it ! ; ) I got it about a week ago and im in love with this phone ! I'm 13 years old, great phone for kids my age and above or younger ! Very colorful easy fun price acception and just a perfect phone for anyone ! Its so fun and colorful to have ! I just love it ! ; ) I will love to keep this phone forever. ; )

No dropping calls or weird noises.
No lag and fast.
Good but can be better.
No slow downs.
Fun everyday!
Getting use too, but getting easier everyday.
Great
Not bad but can be much more better

Pros

• Fun, and colorful great to use! Any costumer will be so glad to have this phone

Cons

• Getting used to keyboard but it will get better sooner or later

Donlee posted on Dec 01, 2010, 3:04 AM

LG Optimus One P500

Donlee has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

good phone at this price range. well balanced spec. better than HTC wild fire and samsung I5800 Galaxy 3. simple, executive & neat appearance. display is pleasing. interface and usage is smooth and easy. good android touch phone for beginners. worth buying.