CYBER MONDAY 2020
Get the best Cyber Monday deals on mobile tech here!

LG MG200 User Reviews Back

Sarah posted on Mar 18, 2007, 11:59 PM

3.4

LG 2000

I bought the phone and services from Cingular. The phone was no longer charging. I went to Cingulair and they informed me that I needed new batteries. Surprise no batteries in cingulair stores, I had to order online from Carlifonia. I now have new batteries but I have the same problem, my phone won't charge and I do not have recourse. How frustrating!

Bamor posted on Nov 29, 2006, 9:31 AM

LG MG200 Terrible Phone

If you get this phone you will waste time and money, most of the calls sound terrible, you can bearly hear the voice of the other person, the ringtones are boring, battery only lasts about 2 days having only made a few calls. This is my second LG MG200 and it's just as bad as the first one they gave me.

John posted on Nov 17, 2006, 3:47 PM

3.6

LG C2000

This is the worse phone that I have ever had. I can't believe that they did not have a recall on some of them. I am on my third phone and I am probably going to get a different phone.

Smitty posted on Nov 13, 2006, 7:32 PM

4.4

Don't get your hopes up

Gets poor reception. Sound works good 1 out of 3 calls.

Not able to transfer pictures or audio from phone to computer or vice versa. Holds around 10 high quality pics, and I use the term high quality loosely.

You can record up to 3 sound files of 30 seconds, but doesn't let you set as ringtone.

Phone is a Cingular scam to make money by not letting you connect to a computer, must use internet and pay everytime you want to tranfer data.

C posted on Oct 31, 2006, 9:19 AM

6.6

50% of the time the sound is terrible

This phone (LG MG200) looks cute but that's not enough if you can't hear the people on the other end. 50% of the time the sound is terrible. Some people don't have any problems with this phone but if you are planning to buy it, bad sound quality is a problem you could have I'm not the only one who has had this problem. I have to call people back all the time because I can bearly hear them the first time I call or they call me. When the calls are good the sound is great, but 50% of the time just doesn't cut it.

Demonchild posted on Jul 19, 2006, 10:59 PM

Devil's reject......./:)

I have had this phone for a long time. I have heard a lot of people who hate it and say they have problems. I have never had a dropped call or any kind of problem with this phone. It is WAYYYYYYY better that the Motorola V180 I used to have. That phone SUCKED. I work for a phone company and I would choose an LG or Samsung or Motorola ANY DAY....And Razr's SUCK!!!! Do NOT EVER BUY ONE!!!!!!

Erick almanza posted on Mar 28, 2006, 1:32 AM

4.4

only to call

i got it so, good reception to recive or send calls but!!!!!! quality pictures terrible you will lose money and time triying getting new ringtones or downloading pictures/images i want my money back

happy posted on Feb 19, 2006, 3:18 AM

GREAT PHONE!

dowloads pics, mp3 ringtones, even SCREENSAVERS, without tha use of data cable/ software. i download them on my pc and upload it on my phone via internet browser.EXCELLENT SERVICE:i get great reception all tha time, i even get reception underground in da subway sometimes!!!great camera quality; i take pics on my comp for my wallpaper instead of paying to download a wallpaper,isnt that just great?!!.
speakerphone is great.has great features. i dropped it more than 10 times on concrete n only a few light scratches...wow.i like tha antenna: i can take it off and i still have 5 bars! baterry life is low cuz i used a flashing antenna. i jus dislike tha external display screen.

Matson posted on Dec 27, 2005, 8:32 AM

No Games or Java applications to this celular

If you want to use Java applications and dont want to buy a cable, dont buy it. You just cant find games or applications to this cell phone if you dont have a cable. I had a C1100 and I found a lot of games or applications on internet, but it didnt have camera, so i have changed to MG200, but i'm not satisfied.

Unsatisfied posted on Nov 27, 2005, 7:05 PM

5.4

Poor investment

I just got this phone and unfortunately Its the first phone I feel an absolute need to return. I dislike the placement of the keys (the ones that connect you to the internet, and allow you to access the menu) They are in akward places and I find myself constantly connecting to the internet when Im trying to find a contact. The sound quality is HORRIBLE. First off the ringtones downloaded from cingular are a joke. I can barely hear them even with the volume turned all the way up. No only that but its scratchy, it sounds like the speaker is so small that its going to blow. However, some of the ringtones that come with the phone are obnoxiously loud and quite annoying. go figure! Lastly, you can not hear people on the other end for the life of you! It's impossible. Sometimes the calls are louder, and you can hear them fine... but thats like 10% of the time. I constantly have to call people back later to hear them. It has nothing to do with reception. I have great reception, and it has nothing to do with who im calling because Ive had good quality phone conversations and bad quality conversations with the same people... it has nothing to do with being in a loud environment either. Speaker phone sucks. Sometimes it wont let be get onto media net, which sucks because I pay for it. Every time you open the phone it tells you if you have a voice mail. You cant make it go away, you have to press okay everytime you open the phone till you delete it or save the message. Scrolling is slow......

CHUCK COVEY posted on Nov 16, 2005, 2:36 PM

4.8

Antenna - Not Availabel

You can not purchase a replacement original antenna for an LG C2000. All (ALL) retail outlets direct me to purchase a new phone. I've had this phone for three (3) weeks. I will never purchase another LG product.

toolaudiofan posted on Sep 15, 2005, 8:09 PM

LG has come a long way with Cingular phones

For an all around easy to use, entry level camera phone, the c2000 is great. I've been waiting for LG to pick up the pace with its Cingular offering. And, The price is unbeatable.

Richard posted on Aug 20, 2005, 1:05 AM

6.4

LG 2000

I see a couple of problems that exist with this phone. I received one as a replacement for a Motorola V220 from best buy. You dont have the capability to add a graphic or picture received by MMS to the gallery for use as a Photo Caller ID. Only pictures taken with internal camera do you have photo Caller ID capability. Also, you dont have the capability to block out calls not in your contact list as other product phones have this capability.