LG L90 User Reviews

8.9

canner posted on Feb 29, 2016, 6:20 PM
Posts: 68; Member since: Feb 29, 2016

Good Phone for a teenager or Light phone user

canner has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had this phone for Well over a year and i gotta say i was impessed with it as an everyday usage device. My advice is for it is to know what your getting. this device Is an upper low range smart phone. its not a flagship model and it was never meant to be. this is a working mans phone.

Standard LG craft here. Plastic Body with The usual LG Logo. Surprisingly Durable as it took 10+ drops in its lifetime and i never saw the screen crack. My biggest complaint is if you spend to much time charging it while you use it you may kill the charging port, and have to play the sweet spot charging game.
On Tmobile network I Never had an issue with this phone. only a few dropped calls here and there but they were few and far between.
Clear ear peice but speaker phone was a little quiet.
Standard Google chrome built in here. no complaints.
The Built in Media player is a little sad.
I cant really fault it for my usage as i dont really take to many pictures but i do aknowlege that its pretty poor quality.
this phone really started bugging me about a year after i got it. the speed started to seriously drop down and it would occasionally lock up on me entirely when i pulled up the lock screen. the only way to eget around this was to completly restart it.
Aside from the occasional hiccup it was a great phone that lasted me for quite a while. i knew it would be ready if i needed it.
again stadard android text imput was quick and responsive. I didnt have any issues here.
I wasnt a huge fan of the size but the quality was passable for the usage i had. the screen did really suffer direct sunlight.
The battery held up surprisingly well. I never had an issue getting through the day listening to pandora the whole day. and doing some light gaming on my breaks. It really did hold up well.

Pros

• Reliable
  • Durable
  • Andoid

Cons

• Charging Port
  • Newer Games May run slower
  • Lower end phone

canner alternatives:

wolverinexmen9 posted on Oct 07, 2014, 1:12 AM
Posts: 112; Member since: Mar 31, 2011

LG Optimus L90

wolverinexmen9 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is the best phone money can buy right now. $99.60 at T-Mobile store. My third brother bought this phone first. My girlfriend bought it next. Then my second brother bought it too. Nice features like the self-healing back and perfect screen size at 4.7inches. It's not your $600 phone so it only can do so much. 1GB or RAM so too many games and apps will slow it down. 5mp Camera is average. No lag from average use. Battery life is AWESOME! Can get like at least a day and a half out of this 2,460mAh battery. It really packs a punch! No auto-brightness. No LTE either. Almost not needed. Comes preinstalled with 4.4 Kit Kat. Overall, great phone for the money.

The back has nice feel to it, however, it can be slippery so a case is a good idea. Self-healing back is a nice feature.
T-Mobile phone so service depends on where you live. Where I live T-Mobile service is fine and troubles.
Clear phones call on both ends. Depends where both callers are with their service.
Can use Google Chrome just fine without any lags. No LTE. Almost not needed
This phone is loaded with some pretty cool features. It may not have all the features the more LG phones might have but it has at least some.
It's a 5mp camera, not 8mp. International version of this phone has an 8mp camera. Takes good pictures. Not too bad, but not great either.
The more apps installed, the slower it will get. It keeps up with a fair amount of apps but when adding games and big files, it does get kinda slow. This is an average phone with only 1GB of RAM. It isn't your $600 phone with 3GB
May not be your $600 phone but it gets the job done with ease for a low cost.
Any keyboard will work on this 4.7inch screen. Google keyboard is my favorite, but any keyboard will work
4.7inch screen is the prefect size. Not too big, not too small. Reminder: no auto-brightness
You can get at least a day and a half of battery life out of this phone. 2,460mAh battery would seem average, but it really isn't in this case.

Pros

• Price
  • 4.4 Kit Kat

Cons

• Camera (5mp)
  • UI Speed is average
  • No Auto-Brightness
  • No LTE

TheWildShadow55 posted on Dec 28, 2017, 4:46 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 16, 2017

Was a good phone for the time, nowadays you shouldn't get it

TheWildShadow55 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I haven't had this phone for a while so I can't say a whole lot about it. I had this phone from 2014-2015 and from the time I had it I could say it was a pretty good budget phone but it definitely had some flaws. I'll talk about the good stuff first though. It's quite durable and the screen looks pretty good although being pretty low res, battery life was not the worst and although the camera isn't all that great, it's still capable of taking some good photos that can impress. Here's two examples: https://prntscr.com/htkeky https://prntscr.com/htkemn
Some problems I had with the phone were that it didn't have much storage so I'd often find myself running out of space and having to cut down on the amount of pictures I'd take (I only had about 300 pictures on it by the time I replaced it) and it's speakers weren't very loud. I also remember that it's only capable of going up to 4G, there's no LTE support which shows this phone's age. Overall, for the time it was a good phone but now it's only useful as a basic use phone, like an introduction to android almost. Nowadays I'd recommend the LG Aristo or LG Stylo 3+.

Pros

• Decent Camera
  • Good battery life
  • Well-built

Cons

• Not much storage
  • Only runs Android Lolipop (5.0)
  • No LTE support

beara posted on May 01, 2015, 8:27 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 28, 2013

very decent phone

beara has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I bought this phone as a backup while my Galaxy S5 screen was getting repaired. I like everything on the phone except the camera takes terrible pictures! I have it set to the full 5 megapixels but the picture quality is still very poor. I paid $149 for the phone without a contract & I think it's an excellent phone for the price.

Video streaming playback has a distorted & low quality.
Terrible camera! I've had other phones with 5 megapixel cameras that took way better pictures.
Keyboard works fine & has an emoji keyboard too.

Pros

• Emoji keyboard
  • Price
  • Battery lasts a long time

Cons

• Low quality camera
  • Slow processor
  • Not a lot of storage for apps
  • Video streaming is distorted

albiRB posted on Feb 16, 2015, 7:35 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 16, 2015

LG L90

albiRB has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have bought LG L90 in December and so far so good. It is not the best phone especially if compared in singular aspects to S4 and the like but considering the price i think it is a good one. I think it is decent for a normal usage (i only play chess and i enjoy playing it on my LG L90 rather than in my laptop). i have compared it to better phones my friends own and they offer more or less the same usage and layout. the difference is they have more RAM. Camera quality leaves a lot to be desired although i do not particularly care about it. The most important thing for me is navigating on internet and receiving emails in real time which is great for the moment, especially if you go wifi...

Pros

• Good Price
  • Very handy
  • Big screen to Body Ratio
  • Google mail already installed
  • Knock lock code
  • 5 wall creens for apps + widgets, gadgets
  • contact number in the wallpaper in case phone is lost

Cons

• Little RAM storage
  • Camera quality is bad

loccoandy posted on Jan 25, 2015, 1:29 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 25, 2015

Nice Backup Phone

loccoandy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone i purchased as an emergency phone and also it had not too bad specs for being a budget phone. The phone has an "ok" display and a pretty smooth UI. It lacks space like other budget phones and also it lacks LTE support and doesn't play HD videos recorded on another phone, but does a hell of a job as a for what it is.

display is a little less impressive than other budget phones, surprising for the specs it has.

Pros

• Decent UI
  • Great Price
  • Pretty Slim

Cons

• Low Quality Display
  • Low Res
  • Mediocre 5MP Cam
  • No HD Video Playback
  • Non-LTE

loccoandy alternatives:

vegas1994 posted on Sep 28, 2014, 8:04 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 09, 2014

needed a quick replacement phone

vegas1994 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I started out the year with the samsung galaxy s-3, but ran into problems with it in june. my carrier T-Mobile sent me a nexus4 as a replacement device since they had no spare galaxy s-3 devices. the first nexus4 didn't work, it would power on and that was it. the second nexus4 device worked for about three weeks, before it just died one day, the phone powered off and that was it. so because i had received two replacement devices and my wife didn't want to make changes to our cellphone plan i had to settle for a cheap prepaid. so i stopped in at T-Mobile to look at available prepaid phones. the selection was limited, I think they had two choices. I started to leave when i decided to walk by and look at the regular phones, maybe i could find something reasonably priced. that is when i came upon the LG Optimus L90. I had several reviews on it and some other phones. while the reviews where informative, i wanted too see the device in action. the store i went too had the device out on display by the lg g2 and g3. I looked at all three devices and was impressed with the lg optimus L90. Okay sure you won't get all the bells and whistles you would get with the lg g3 or lg g2
phones. but for the price depending upon where you go, the phone can be had for under $200. it's a decent phone that takes decent videos and photos, my kids watch netflix and videos from Amazon on it. overall i have been very impressed

the device is on the same level with higher end phones.
reception is okay
okay if i have one major compliant it's the call quality, i have several calls dropped
very fast
me and my kids watch Netflix and Amazon instant videos incredible picture quality
Okay it's not on the level of my previous devices the nexus 4
good
my cellphone is my communication device, i use it for calling, texting, emails, taking photos.
decent
the display is incredible on the same level as the LG g3
not bad

jaxy5000 posted on Aug 17, 2014, 7:57 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 17, 2014

a really good phone

jaxy5000 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

this is a good phone with mid ranged specifications and does play games really well.
a good buy if you are on a budjet. it is fairly light but still contains good built quality,+ when u install google now launcher fom google play (free) it looks like a high end smart phone

Pros

• runs games fairly well
  • feels light but stil contains good built quality
  • android 4.4 kitkat

Cons

• high end games lag a little