LG G4 User Reviews

MotoFoner posted on Apr 17, 2016, 2:44 PM
Posts: 34; Member since: May 11, 2015

Great little phone as my backup to the N6P

MotoFoner has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great little phone in a lot of ways, but very noticeable GPU inferiority compared to the N6P or 6P.I watch a lot of video and almost everything larger than 264 video is noticibly choppy/; Audio is superior, though. The LG GX is actually pretty nice and I was already used to it from my previous G2 experience from 2 yrs. ago. This is a good little phone at it \s current sale prices of

Tight tolerances, rigid, good button feel.

Sondae posted on Apr 03, 2016, 12:25 PM
Posts: 291; Member since: Jan 02, 2013

Good Phone

Sondae has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Best Phone i used for this past year. I do like the screen because it is not over sharpening and it doesn't overheat. I just love when you change your theme to make it your own phone. I just like the leather back its changeable to different color. I love the double tap to wake and of course FM radio.

Pros

• Good Cam
  • Good screen no sharpening
  • Good build
  • SD and battery swapable

Cons

• Separate accessories on fast charging
  • Not metal

Tahir215 posted on Mar 05, 2016, 2:28 PM
Posts: 31; Member since: Jan 14, 2014

My Best Phapblet ever

Tahir215 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

At last i have a brand new G4 in pure Brown leather. Can't say more. Its one of my life's best decision. LG is good with some latest Android timely updates as well. Great!! Take it and enjoy it! Hands down. Take a bow LG! Still looks better than G5.

• Up to date software
  • Customizable

bassembm posted on Dec 27, 2015, 11:36 AM
Posts: 143; Member since: Dec 27, 2015

The best Phone in 2015

bassembm has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The best value for money in the market ,, beautifully designed , camera is awesome with full manual control , the back speaker is loud and clear enough for me with clear bass production ,, 1 full day battery life and an extra removable battery this seems like heaven to all heavy users , extra micro sd slot up to 2tb after all of this ,I think iphone users can suicide now LOL

bassembm alternatives:

desgua posted on Dec 23, 2015, 4:50 PM
Posts: 11; Member since: Sep 12, 2013

Amazing device!

desgua has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm very happy with LG. The G4 was a great surprise. Although I have read lots of reviews, I was expecting that some feature would really disappoint me. But no! It's great. It has an amazing camera. It is super responsive. The battery lasts much much more than the Galaxy S4 and more than the Moto X. Knock Code is much better than pin because you don't have to wake the device before start typing. Audio is clear.

• Knock Code
  • Audio
  • Battery on stand by (for me: 220 hours)
  • LG keyboard includes clipboard management

Cons

• No fingerprint sensor

kareivis posted on Oct 10, 2015, 7:38 AM
Posts: 45; Member since: Jan 23, 2012

One of the best from 2015

kareivis has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It`s my unbiased review for LG G4 (H815). Long story short - I love it. At the beginning I thought - how it is possible to live with a such large screened phone, but after a month, I can honestly say - it`s not so bad. Most of the things I do are typing, which is easy, thanks to SwiftKey`s compact layout. It`s a bit harder to reach far left-top corner, but I do it very rarely, so no biggie. I use Nova Launcher with vertical scrolling, so app browsing is easy, without that extreme top reaching. Everything else you can read bellow.

Shortly - highly recommended!
9/10 - cause battery could be better and size sometimes is a bit much, but everything else just compensates it.

Alternative - Galaxy S6, because main thing for me was camera, as I am unable to carry my DSLR with me all the time, and I just need camera with manual controls. But microSD, f1.8 lens were the main selling points, that appealed to me.

Feels amazing in hand, especially the leather one, but also leather scratches easily, especially corners. Not a deal breaker, but be aware.
Much better, than my previous Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact. On par with Nokia phones.
Such speed. Very wow. Much screen.
Incredible on such screen. Would be 10/10 with front stereo speakers. But still, this one is great for a back faced one.
f1.8, OIS, Manual controls, DNG - what not to love? Image quality is mind blowing, and video looks incredible. Audio recording and OIS in videos could be better comparing it to my previous previous Nokia Lumia 925 for example. Also I prefer Lumia camera UI over this one. It`s not bad, don`t get me wrong, but the one on Lumia phones are amazing. Still, much better than almost everything else out there. Hope to see LG V10 manual video options in some kind of update. Also, I just love dedicated camera buttons on Lumia phones. I know, that it would be hard to equip G4 with one, as long as all the other buttons are on the back, but still - one can dream.
Very, very minor hickups here and there. Mostly unnoticable, but had to be said. But extremely rare and for a brief moment.
Had to get used to it coming from 4,3" Xperia Z1 Compact phone.
The same as previous Xperia Z1 Compact using SwiftKey keyboard with compact, one sided layout. And if I preffered, I could easily switch to full, or split one, and keep writing. It`s more than managable.
Fantastic screen! Waiting for my Google Cardboard to fully enjoy QHD. Blacks are extremely dark for a IPS screen, but still lags a bit behind AMOLED, although difference is not so big as I thought. But colors are more natural than those on AMOLED screens.
It`s ok, i guess. It`s not a big surprise. It`s quite hard to feed 5,5" QHD screen and hexacore CPU. Could be better, but still - acceptable. Sometimes I charge it twice a day, but, to be honest - those are the days I spent browsing 9GAG or gaming. Without those - easily one day.

Pros

• Photo and Video quality
  • Camera UI, f1.8, manual controls, OIS
  • QHD screen is beyond amazing
  • Leather back makes it unique
  • Circle cover looks excellent
  • Multitasking is great
  • Dedicated button for pulling notification bar down. Simply - AMAZING!
  • Speaker is very, very loud. Crackles a bit on max volume, but comparing it to Z1 Compact, I had to go just a bit above 50% to beat that little fella
  • Thanks to curved screen, it`s harder to scratch it... I think.
  • MicroSD card slot

Cons

• Battery could be better
  • Sound quality lacks a bit of punch on my Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. But it is understandable - it`s not a HiFi audio player. Sounds the same as iPhone 6+, so not a CON actually.
  • Double LED flash could be amazing, but this one is also very powerful, comparing it to Xperia Z1 Compact, which was awful.
  • When laying on table, it`s somehow difficult to manage volume for a music player. Although it can be done from notification bar

kareivis alternatives:

avasponge posted on Jun 05, 2015, 8:14 PM
Posts: 44; Member since: May 03, 2012

All Around Package

avasponge has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

There really isn't anything wrong with the LG G4. I know a very bold statement but heres why:
DISPLAY: It is very accurate and not overly saturated like amoled screens (unless you like that) and it is bright. It isn't the brightest but its up there. Indoor visibility is great and outdoor visibility is above average too. Lets not forget that screen size. It is very big but it doesn't feel overly big like the Nexus 6 or the iPhone 6 Plus. Its just right (for me of course and it varies for you)

CAMERA: Best smartphone camera on the market right now and maybe for a while. The S6 camera is great but when i fired up the LG G4 camera i was blown away. I may not be a professional photographer but boy is this camera awesome. Automatic mode is great and fast for the average consumer and Manual mode is awesome (I only used it a little bit but I did see the differences).

BUILD QUALITY: Yes it's plastic. Yes its not high end materials like metal and glass but it doesn't bother me and here's why: I had the iPhone 4s and the HTC One M8 both amazing phones and built too feel high end and look high end but the iPhone 4s with it's glass back was a fingerprint magnet ( i got a case to fix that) and the HTC One M8 got scuffed up quick and wear and tear showed up on the sides. With plastic, you sacrifice the looks for function. Yes some like looks over function but I choose function.

Performance: Fast. Fluid. Fully Loaded. It has some bloatware but its overall very fast and everyday usage is great....

Pros

• Great Display
  • 16 MP Camera
  • Long Battery Life
  • MicroSD support
  • Lots of Ram
  • Leather back looks elegant

Cons

• Bezels a little bigger than G3

avasponge alternatives:

hatcreek68 posted on Oct 17, 2017, 5:58 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 17, 2017

Too many glitches

hatcreek68 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Bricked w/ the G4 boot loop. Before bricking - complaints about screen turning on all the time, double tap to turn on screen not working. Other general dissatisfaction compared to prior LG G3. This has steered me away from LG.

maleeha posted on Mar 13, 2017, 2:30 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 13, 2017

Not a long term phone.Horrible customer service

maleeha has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had my G4 for 15 months and suddenly the screen froze and I couldn't turn off my phone. I removed the battery and tried putting back on, and now it won't turn on no matter what.
I took it to tech support and they told me it was the motherboard - they also told me they have received DOZENS of LGs with faulty motherboards.(motherboard costs AED700).
When I contacted the LG customer service, they would assure call backs for resolving the issue but I never received one.Every time I called them I had to explain my situation to a new representative who would give me the same answer again.Very frustating.

The phone worked well when it was in the warrenty period, but as soon as the year came to an end I started having issues with the phone.It would hang, battery would heat up charging became very slow etc.

If you are one of those people who use phones barely for a year before jumping to a newer model/phone, you will love the phone.But for long term users, do not spend the bucks here!! For all the good features it offers, I would not spend AED 2000 every year for a new phone.

Pros

• great features

Cons

• motherboard issues, battery charging is slow after a year,battery heats up

s049031 posted on Feb 24, 2017, 7:49 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 24, 2017

One of the worst android phones I've owned

s049031 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone was not ready for production and should've been tested for much longer. One of the worst flagship phones I have ever owned.

Coming from the Nexus 5. I literally regretted every second of this phone. If it wasn't for the aging battery on the Nexus 5, I wouldn't have upgraded.

The phone was so bad that I jumped ship to an iPhone 6s and eventually the almighty Google Pixel XL.

Surprisingly this phone is still available on certain carriers.

PS: Had two bootloops with the device. Luckily I was using a microSD card when both occurred, or I would've lost all my data.

RMA left me without a device from August to October with no compensation from LG.

Definitely no more LG products for me!

Pros

• Great Camera
  • Great screen
  • Removable Battery
  • Removable microSD
  • Back power and volume rocker

Cons

• Stock UI is unoptimized
  • Bootloop issue
  • Overheats
  • Camera lens prone to scratches

slavtino posted on Feb 08, 2017, 9:08 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 08, 2017

It's alright as long as you don't have any manufacturing faults

slavtino has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The overall quality of the phone is good, but the MOTHERBOARD may suddenly and for no apparent reason stop working problem, it has a manufacturing fault and there's nothing you can do about it.
I had my G4 for 15 months and suddenly the wifi couldn't turn on. Next week the screen froze and I couldn't turn off my phone. I removed the battery and tried putting back on, and now it won't turn on no matter what.
DON'T BUY IT. It's not worth taking up the risk.

Disregarding the above and assuming said problem only happens with ~5% of LG G4 - it's a really good phone, but after some time it will begin eating the battery pretty quick. Before my motherboard stopped working, my battery would only have enough for 12 hours, and back in the day I bought it, even using the same apps and having the same bright, battery would last me 24 hours.

Also the camera is really good.

MrCosta posted on Jan 13, 2017, 9:36 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Oct 18, 2014

Not "Good" if there is a "loop problem" (in 5 months), LG!

MrCosta has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The motherboard presents the "loop problem" in 5 months. It remains on the start screen where there is the LG logo. Makes it impossible to use the device.
I lost photos in heavenly places and other important things that were in my memory. For the motherboard problem makes the data inaccessible in the internal memory.
Very disappointed with this defect that makes the device unusable. Because, the LG G4 rocks... sad. My LG G3 had the same and knew that the LG G5 also has.
LG does not know how to make a flagship smartphone that works!

Although it is plastic or ceramic presents quality. Ergonomic. But, the problem is on the motherboard!!!
Good sign
Audible in good tone
Fast enough
Play videos and photos well
Awesome first and selfie camera. "Professional" manual mode. Awesome!
Fast enough
Although it does not have all the features of Motorolas or Samsung, it works well
I use another keyboard, but LG is good
The screen is not the best, but it's very good
The battery lasts little with the display on, but the fact that it is removable makes it very good. I replaced it with another one charged

Pros

• Color spectrum sensor
  • Laser focus
  • Great camera with good features and manual mode
  • Smart buttons in the back
  • No physical buttons on the front
  • Ergonomic design
  • Dedicated button for pulling notification bar down. Simply - AMAZING!
  • A good and nice size screen
  • Removable battery
  • Fast UI
  • Nice sound
  • Two SIM cards in the flaship

Cons

• The motherboard is defective in 5 months.
  • Legibility in sunlight
  • No fingerprint or iris sensor
  • Dont have all the features of Motorola or Samsung
  • No 64GB version

MrCosta alternatives:

toeknee posted on Jan 06, 2017, 9:59 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 06, 2017

Was my favourite phone for about 8 months

toeknee has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone has speed, a great screen and camera.
However like a very large amount of users i have come across the known "Boot loop" fault which makes your phone completely useless.
The phone basically wont turn on due to a connection in the motherboard eventually not connecting. Another issue i have is the battery needs charging twice a day, the screen is too power hungry. I would honestly avoid this phone as you are almost guaranteed that it will stop working around a year of use. Just search "LG G4 Boot Loop".

Pros

• Fast

• Fault with motherboard

emilh91 posted on Nov 18, 2016, 3:48 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 10, 2011

Great potential but plagued with issues

emilh91 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone would have been great if it wasn't for the boot loop issue and constantly-disconnecting WiFi. I did a RMA and the same WiFi issue was happening with that one. It kept saying "avoiding poor WiFi" but no other devices on the networks I have been on encountered connection loss. Also, the WiFi adapter was 1x1 and not 2x2. Kind of weak for a flagship phone of 2015. The cameras on it were superb though. Replaced the phone with a Samsung Galaxy S7 and am pretty happy with it.

cultdoctor posted on Aug 11, 2016, 6:25 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 11, 2016

LG G4 Build 1 Has A Hardware Manufacturers Defect, Otherwise AWESOME

cultdoctor has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Had the LG G3 and the LG Watch R and LOVED them both. Got the G4 and due to a hardware defect, it crashed and stuck in a boot loop. Check before you buy or if you have a new G$ and see if it is Model 1 or Model 2. The fixed one is anything but the model 2 (found under battery on the sticker). It is outside of warranty but LG sent me a return label. Just waiting to see if they repair it. If they do, I LOVE this phone too. If not, it is my last LG. Specs beat the Samsung S5. I will NEVER AGAIN buy a phone that doesn't have a SD slot, removable battery, and non-proprietary charging cables. Think of the message that the other big IOS company is giving you that they will squeeze every dime out of you through proprietary cables, no SD slot and no removable battery! After four iPhones, I recognize what they think about their customers.

Hardware defect. Sending it back for repair.
Wow o wow! It has become my primary camera instead of my SLR.
Absolutely IMPRESSIVE!

Pros

• Camera with laser focus
  • Reliability without crashes or reboots
  • Display is absolutely crystal clear
  • SD slot (I have a 128GB in no problem
  • Removable Battery
  • NFC
  • Optional wireless charging

Cons

• Hardware defect on version 1.

cultdoctor alternatives:

felgit posted on Jul 11, 2016, 2:14 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 11, 2016

The big dissapointment

felgit has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

it depends on the connection you have
the origin apps are very basic and you cannot erase it.
Great camera
just ok, nothing special
great display
the battery just awful. drains after a few hours

Pros

• Great camera and display

Cons

• the phone has a problem with the motherboard. LG admited there was a defect during the manufactturing. But they didnt make any recall. One day it just entered into the reboot llop and dead. after the motherboard replace it started to heat and battery drains just in a few hours.

Henry92 posted on Jun 03, 2016, 7:30 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 31, 2016

Best G4

Henry92 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

LG is always better than Sony s**ts.The camera is AMAZING. The size is perfectLg's UI on it is not to invasive over the android experience. The only real drawback of the phone is its battery life, but that can be 'fixed' easily and cheaply as now days having a battery bank is not an issue as the market is filed with fairly high capacity ones at a small form-factor.

• display
  • style
  • battery changes

Cons

• earphones sound quality

Henry92 alternatives:

Borkinator posted on May 22, 2016, 10:02 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 22, 2016

Good Phone, but be careful

Borkinator has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i have had my LG G4 phone for 11 months. Today, I was listening to music while cutting the grass, and the phone froze. I tried removing the battery for a hard reset, but that fixed nothing. It was stuck in some kind of startup loop between the lg screen and the att globe. I looked up the problem online and it seems like this has become a fairly common problem.
After being interrogated by lg "customer service" and we determined that my phone was "in perfect condition" (said the att employee helping me) and not damaged by water I was told I would have to wait 5-6 business days for a replacement phone or I could pay $15 for 1-2 day express shipping. Why should I have to pay more money when it was their fault and still under manufacturers warranty?
Anyway,the reason why I'm so pissed off at the situation is that I am going to lose everything on my phone that wasn't backed up to social media. This includes contacts, game data, and most importantly pictures including some very special moments from the first 3 months of my daughters life. I am willing to take some of the blame for not backing up important items to my google drive or somewhere else. But in my defense, you shouldn't have to worry about a phone all of a sudden ceasing to function after so short a time without any notice at all.
i do not live my life through social media, so the vast majority of my special moments I've shared with my family in the last year may be gone. I'll always have my memories, but over time those...

Irreparable internal error caused phone to freeze, and not start up again after only 11 months of use, i lost all non backed up data including photos, contacts, and game data.
Did not get reception in a lot of places my wife's phone did.
Since its primary function is a phone, this is what I would expect.
So so.
Messages often delayed or not sent at all.
Great camera.
does not handle multiple applications running simultaneously very well
Mostly good, what I would expect
I have large fingers and often find it difficult to text without swipe to text option. This phone does not have that standard, I had to download an app.
Good display customization.
I run multiple apps at once quite often, battery only lasts a couple hours before it needs a charge. Annoying.

Pros

• Loved phone overall until it completely stopped working

Cons

• Lost irreplaceable pictures after less than a year of use

alipej307 posted on May 20, 2016, 11:29 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 20, 2016

Low Battery

alipej307 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I don't recommend it for people who want to use this phone outdoor. just good for indoor because you must put in charge every time.
Removable battery is not the benefit for this phone when you can buy power pack these days. don't buy this phone because of removable battery.

It takes time to save photos and meanwhile if your hand shakes it save blur photo.
You can't feel any difference with phones which have 1080x1920 resolution.
I applied every battery saving techniques, but still I can't use it half a day for internet surfing,... It discharges fast.

• Over heating

Ayoub posted on May 14, 2016, 6:35 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 13, 2014

amazing phone

Ayoub has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this is an amazing phone, with a beautiful camera and performance, the battery is not so goood, i can forgot it when i have this performances .

Pros

• camera quality

Cons

No Cons

lgg4perdomo posted on Feb 26, 2016, 10:04 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 26, 2016

Absolutely dissapointed

lgg4perdomo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Only 3 months after that i buoght this smartphone it is totally useless,at two months
it was extremely hot when charged with your original charger,and then performance was down up until two weeks ago was dead whitout posisbility to recovery.
Here in colombia reapirment take 30 to 40 days.
I never will buy lg ,it is my only wish.

Slow

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• Bad quality

koshera posted on Jan 13, 2016, 1:12 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 13, 2016

Awesome Phone!

koshera has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is simply amazing. The leather version has very stylish look and feel!
Some people are complaining about the battery usage - make sure you stop the Location, WiFi, Bluetooth, and mobile data when you're not using them. The smart settings help with this if you are too lazy to control them yourself. Limit the data push to your device only to the things you need. Google (and other apps) pushes tons of stuff that you probably don't need updated every second.
One big complaint on my side is regarding the T-Mobile bloatware. I mean it's fine that you pre-installed stuff on the phone but let me choose what to use and what to stop and disable if I don't want to use it. I like the visual voicemail and the mobile hotspot apps and I will be using them but that T-Mobile My Account app is very annoying. You can't hide it or remove it, you can't stop the 3 processes that are always running and it constantly pushes notifications and drains a lot of battery even when the phone is sleeping. Managed to stop it with the Debloater tool but it was a huge pain in the @#$@. Now when I stopped all of the unwanted background processes, the battery goes overnight without draining a single %. And the daily usage drain improved tremendously!
The LG bloat is fine - easy to disable and hide in case you don't need it.
Other than that, the camera is excellent. Probably the best smartphone camera on the market right now. Don't be fooled by the megapixels count on other phones. 16 Megapixels are...

Very stylish look and feel with the leather back.
Reception is better than my old nokia n8. No problems making calls on lower reception bars.
Very good call quality. Just one complaint regarding using headphones without microphone but that's an OS problem I think so a solid 10 here.
f1.8 lens - enough said!
Nova launcher makes the UI very good.
That big screen does drain a lot of juice if you constantly use the phone but I manage to go 1.5-2 days with my average usage...
LG keyboard is fine but I prefer the google keyboard.
1440p on 5.5 inches, amazing view angles and colors. Great touch responsiveness.
10 here just because it's a removable battery. You can change it easily if it goes bad or you need a spare right away. You can optimize the usage with some tweaks and it's solid for at least a day of average to high usage.

Pros

• Built quality - stylish leather and lots of options to choose.
  • Big awesome screen with great resolution
  • Replaceable battery
  • External storage option up to 2 TB
  • Bets camera on a phone with sharp and bright lens

Cons

• No fingerprint scanning
  • Curved back - will wiggle if used laying on a flat surface

fabione posted on Nov 14, 2015, 6:56 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 30, 2015

2015 has its king

fabione has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I come from almost 5 years of iPhones so I know Apple's smartphones quite well. I decided to switch to Android as iPhones started to bore me - a too closed environment.
Finally I decided to buy an LG G4 as reviews from all over the Internet were positive and I really liked its functionalities/design.

CAMERA. Probably the best camera on a smartphone so far. Everyone is happy with this camera and I am too. I almost forgot my reflex now that I have such a stunning camera on my phone. Macros are unbelievable and videos have a definition I couldn't imagine!

SCREEN. One of the best screen I've ever seen even though it's an IPS and not an Amoled. The thing I really like about it is the size - you can do whatever you want on such a big screen: play games, watch movies, edit photos...

BATTERY. Ok, such a big screen needs a good amount of power so my first doubt was: will the battery be able to support it? The answer is yes. Depending on what you do with you G4 and how long you stress it for, the battery charge can decrease more or less rapidly but when it is in stand-by mode I can say that the battery is well managed. With my personal stress-mode usage (social network check, play games like Hitman Sniper, listen to Spotify for a couple of hours...) I can get to 10-11pm. Which I think is good enough.

RECEPTION. This is probably the most painful point... I often lose signal when I go in some closed areas whereas my iPhone 4 can still receive the maximum (same network provider on both)....

Nice overall quality. The leather back cover is simply beautiful.
Very poor reception compared to my iPhone 4. I keep losing signal in some closed places.
There a couple of settings you can apply to improve the audio quality and they really do it.
Thanks to a powerful camera and a stunning screen, enjoying media on the G4 is a fantastic experience.
Best camera ever on smartphone. That's it.
Never experienced any lag or crash. Smooth and quick.
Sometimes its dimension can be uncomfortable if you use it with one hand but that's ok - you know it when you buy this phone!
I find it very hard to use the LG keyboard (and the Google one as well). Auto-correction is shit.
A stunning IPS. Awesome.
The battery does a good job for such a powerful phone. No problem at all.

Pros

• Wide screen
  • Stunning camera
  • Good battery

Cons

• Poor reception
  • The keyboard is a pain in the a**
  • LG's Smart Settings are not so smart

Zerkinz posted on Sep 14, 2015, 3:55 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 14, 2015

Best overall value for current generation of phones (Galaxy S6, Note 5, iPhone 6s)

Zerkinz has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am a web developer / gamer that builds custom gaming PCs. I am extremely particular about the devices I purchase and how they operate. Even though I have used many smartphones, this is the first one I have actually purchased.. ever, and I am extremely happy with my purchase.

After thoroughly reviewing all of the current competition, I ended up choosing the LG G4 for multiple reasons. It has a proven + optimized CPU that doesn't overheat/declock or bog down after you load 5 apps like the HTC M9's Snapdragon 810. The main reason I didn't go with the Galaxy S6 is because the battery is not replaceable and it does not have a MicroSD slot, which both drastically increase the life of a phone. The phone's UI/OS runs extremely smoothly, almost always at about 60 fps.

I've heard feedback on basically all the competition, and be extremely cautious about the HTC One M9 in particular. I was about to get the M9 as the CPU is better on paper, however in practice it is much worse. I've talked to many M9 owners that are constantly dealing with the CPU overheating, and the UI bogs down to 5 FPS after you open about 5-7 app windows, which is pathetic. I can open about 40 windows on my LG G4 and not even realize any side effects.

Pros

• Large Screen
  • Optimized Hexacore CPU that doesn't overheat
  • REPLACEABLE BATTERY
  • MicroSD Slot
  • Amazing Camera- much better than HTC One M9's
  • Huge selection of great cases
  • Knock Code screen lock

Cons

• Screen is almost too sharp. I could stand 1080p for increased battery life.

mobile.chat posted on Sep 06, 2015, 7:46 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 06, 2015

For an all-round phone, the LG G4 sits at the top.

mobile.chat has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

A phone differs from person to person, but, essentially, it’s comes down to a good display, great sound and call quality, and a nice camera.

-Battery life

No phone, i repeat NO phone will give you 2 days, or so, of battery life after using it all day. The G4 performs better than others because it uses a clever way of conserving charge.

When the phone is not used, it goes on a very short standby. Then the G4 looks as if it's switched off. Tap the screen twice, and the phone wakes up. By the time the phone’s charged, while you’re sleeping, to the moment you wake-up, you won't find that much of a drop in charge. The G4 only dropped a few per cent, proving the G4's manages battery life really well. Yes, the Galaxy S6 wins on design, but the G4 compromises on that by focusing on battery efficiency and reducing heating temperature. I would rather have a phone that gives better battery life and looks good than looking sleek, and moaning about the dismal battery life.

-Display

Everyone is drooling over the Galaxy S6 display, but, i prefer the G4 because it looks a bit brighter, and the colours are a little stronger.

-Sound and call quality

I’ve only received two calls, so I can’t comment too much, but it feels crisp and clear. I’ve yet to test it with surrounding traffic noise, so maybe someone can comment on that.

-Intuitive user GUI

In other words, the display user experience. It’s simple, less fiddly to get to where you want. The G4 doesn’t have a fingerprint button,...

Pros

• Amazing crisp and clear display. Colours are more vivid.
  • Nice user experience. Not that fiddly to get to things. Love the dual window option. You can watch or listen on youtube, while browsing the internet. Works well on a 5.5" display.
  • Sound and call quality suberb.
  • MicroSD slot a bonus for a flagship phone.
  • Removable battery.
  • The battery management is quite clever.
  • Customise the back cover, (Love the brown leather option).

Cons

• If the front had a brushed aluminum preium look, this would have been a killer phone. Perhaps the LG design team didn't feel it would go with the leather look.
  • Battery can run down a bit, when watching a film, due to powering that lovely display, even on a 75% brightness setting. But for using the phone for other things, the battery life is very good.
  • A little bulky on the hand, but not that noticable. This could be a pro, as some may like the firm feel.
  • The quick remote app from LG, maybe a nice touch for some, but i would prefer LG have an app that integrates more with a productive everyday device, such as a printer for example.
  • Certain acessories are hard to find in the U.K at the moment, such as the charging cradle box, where the batery is charged without the phone.

mobile.chat alternatives: