LG G Stylo User Reviews

willk posted on Jun 12, 2015, 10:44 PM
Posts: 24; Member since: Jun 12, 2015

Tmobile version is great!

willk has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I can actually see the screen in bright sun and hear my callers clearly! Battery lasts about 30% longer than my previous G3. Fast (Tmobile version only). I know the screen resolution is lower than the G3 and Note 3 I had previously but I really don't notice.

Pros

• Call quality. bright beautiful screen, built in stylus, fast, battery easily lasts all day.

Cons

• camera in low light

thcmagus posted on Jul 01, 2016, 3:00 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 01, 2016

T-Mobile LG Stylo

thcmagus has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My HTC One M8's battery died and I needed a phone on the cheap. Made the mistake of buying the Boost Mobile LG Stylo. Camera is worse, RAM is only 1GB, no NFC, locked bootloader. Luckily a friend had a T-Mobile variant with a damaged screen. Swapped screens and now my phone isn't a disappointment. Rooted, and using Katana ROM. Not a bad temporary replacement but I made this account to disagree about one thing another user claims about the camera. My old HTC One M8's camera is easily better than this camera. The phone doesn't support USB OTG. Personally I think the phone is to light, it makes the phone feel cheap in build quality. For now it will do, think I will fix my One M8 over time though.

Pros

• Cheap
  • Big Screen
  • Friend with a broken T-mobile LG Stylo

Cons

• 2 drastically different hardware models
  • I didn't find out until after the purchase

Moseley posted on Nov 19, 2015, 9:26 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 19, 2015

Good & Bad

Moseley has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had this phone for less than 3 months but as someone that uses almost all tech on a daily basis, this phone is fairly solid in some areas but lacks greatly on some very important ones. I would like to see this phone with an internal NAND upgrade option and possibly more RAM as well. While it is great to have multimedia ability on an Android, it is not great to have it at the expense of the user. The small internal space leaves the user frustrated at having to uninstall apps in order to get general updates. Had I realized this in the first place, I might not have went with this phone.

Excellent design & quality without being overcrowded with un-necessary buttons.
While outside, the phone operates great but indoors, unlike cheaper phones even, the reception is lacking and drops calls frequently.
On a regular basis, the call quality is great.
My internet connectoin & speed always seem very good, unlike most other phones.
While operation in this category is great, the lack of volume control and power almost makes this a deal breaker.
The camera works great & my pictures are always vibrant and clear.
The UI seems to be very snappy and functions well.
Using this phone on a daily basis as a phone in general is great. It is very easy to use.
While text input on the device is easy I have always found that I am not happy with Android input in general as there are a number of settings forced on the user, common un welcome word corrections and voice to text lacks in general with it's recognition.
I love the large clear display. It's fast and I have had no issues using it with regard to everything from standard use to multimedia & playing games.
Sufficient but could be better.

Pros

• Over all great phone with fast performance and excellent screen size.

Cons

• The NAND is way too small at 8GB, which is not what I have seen it reported as.
  • Auto connecting to wifi seems lacking and is not very accessable to the user on several levels.
  • The system seems far too big at almost 6 GB?! Not a great size for a simple system.

Owdubz posted on Oct 14, 2015, 5:12 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 14, 2015

Underrated Underdog

Owdubz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love this phone. I can't believe those words came off of my fingers. Generally, I am a Nokia Lumia user and am also partial to Samsung and Motorola. Anyhow I will start with the design and build quality.
This phone is light and nicely built. The back plate is replaceable but also looks nice. It has a premiumish look to it, not necessarily the feel but that can easily be changed by changing the back plate. With that being said, it is smooth. So if you have butterfingers like me, you'll probably want a grippy case to keep it from flying off your hands.
So far the call quality has been good. It's a nice fast phone. It can pretty much handle any multi-tasking i've thrown it. I've played clash of clans, snapchatted, periscoped, browsed youtube and played music and even dubsmashing without any lags. (maybe i got lucky and got a good phone)
I'm also a camera snob which would explain my obsession with Nokia Lumias. This phone isnt bad. It sure is better than my HTC One M8. The model I have sports an 8 megapixel camera, which was sufficient enough. Don't expect DSLR quality. It is good enough for most users. Even the front facing camera fares well.
Battery life is amazing. On one of the days I was off, I was on it for 19 hours playing games and running netflix, hulu and youtube and I only managed to dent the battery down to 50% by midnight.
I almost forgot to mention the screen! That screen is nice! The only other phablet I had was the Lumia 1520 which was a monster. This one feels...

• Runs smoothly, no lagging
  • Screen Size
  • Stylus!
  • PRICE!!!

Cons

• GPS is a little buggy when using Waze

damien74 posted on Jun 20, 2015, 2:27 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 05, 2014

So far, so much love it

damien74 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am a fan of the of g series ever since I had the of g2. I had the ZTE Xmas before this and missed my g2. Now I have all the features I loved back in an afordable package. I don't take much pictures but I like the camera. I use my phone as my main internet access and organizer. This phone has really impressed me for it's price point so far.

I like having the cliptray back and am enjoying the new quick touch button to access the rolledex of open apps. I am into using stylised to so this is great. My Xmas would not use a stylus fluidly, so my stylised have been collecting dust for the last 6 months. In many ways this phone is in direct competition with the ZTE Zmax. Same size screens, with similar price pointa, same memory, and similar proccesing power. However the G Stylo is a little better in a lot of ways. Some advantages only seem to be on paper while some are night and day experiencialy.
My one main gripe is more of a lollipop thing than anything else I guess. My calender app Gemini Calender needs the use of the menu button, which is gone now. I have been using the stock callendar which isn't so bad so far, but when I add an event to a day it schedules it a day later by default unless I change it manually. This phone does not feel like a premium phone in your hands at all, and is not lightning quick, but for the $200 I paid I am happy with it. If you are looking at buying this phone subsequent to any price drop it is well worth the money, so far.

Pros

• Good stylus action
  • Clip tray
  • Big screen
  • Low price
  • Good at using multiple apps at same time
  • Not bad SAR rating
  • I like back buttons
  • Good brightness

Cons

• Not a flag ship phone
  • I like when charger & headphones are on the same side of the phone
  • Not sure that i love Lollipop