Kyocera Brigadier User Reviews

6.9

harshita posted on May 19, 2017, 5:11 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 19, 2017

Aermoo

harshita has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

In the mobile market, i find a lot protected smartphone, but most of them have the same design, and has a fairly simple screens.

The company Aermoo decided that a secure mobile device can also be strong, and introduced the world’s first “smartphone-SUV” with edge-to-edge display called Aermoo.

The look of this smartphone already shows where it is headed: to become an off-road beast. As such: in addition to resisting water and water splashes at 1 meter depth for up to half an hour, its IP-68 specification gives it protection against dust. And its shockproof design will make it hold even in the fall.
Aermoo come with 5.2 inch LCD IPS screen, Processor MediaTek MT6757, 5,000 mAh battery, Android 7.0 Nougat, Shockproof design and elements with IP-68 certification, NFC, Rear camera capable of taking 84 Megapixel photos.
so i think Aermoo is Best choice for me.

tonyvjr57 posted on Oct 03, 2016, 6:01 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 03, 2016

screen already cracked with NO effort & customer svc sucks

tonyvjr57 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

screen already cracked with NO effort & customer svc sucks, phone is supposed to be indestructible but they lied as the screen with NO effort cracked already, kyocera makes YOU pay for shipping it back ( still under warrantee ) they should issue an RMA with shipping & handling there & back to the customer but as i said make you pay for their poor quality build of a phone, i made a mistake getting this phone as the casio commando C811 was a better built phone but lacked certain software & hardware enhancements which was the ONLY fault , wished casio continued building & enhancing on the commando as i would have selected that phone instead of this crap

Pros

• nothing

Cons

• casio commando was built better

DarkNeo posted on Oct 04, 2015, 10:56 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 01, 2015

10/10 Durability, Well-rounded phone, Excellent for outdoors/work.

DarkNeo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Loud, clean, durable machine. It smokes my old Droid Razr which I had for well over 4 years. I was needing some new hardware and for my outdoors work with pyrotechnics, I was wanting something of superior design. The phone is without a doubt as durable as people say. I'm always careful with my tech so I haven't done anything horrible to it, but that doesn't mean one can't be cautious. The screen is fantastic and crystal clear, very responsive to touch. It functions pretty quick and well, unlike my old and sluggish Droid Razr(which used to be pretty good!).

The call quality, wifi connection, data connection, and so on is just as good if not better than any other phone. No problems there.

I really liked the design of the phone overall and the hardware gives a superior edge and feel to the phone. It's very well rounded in terms of hardware and functionality. As a bonus, the phone is quite reasonable price-wise compared to other phones. The sapphire screen is nothing to joke about. It can handle a lot. From drops, impacts, collision and rubbing with keys, and so on... it remains flawless. I think you'd have to REALLY try to actually damage the screen or even scratch it. I don't even use a screen protector.

The back camera is good but isn't anything to boast about. The front facing camera is mediocre and probably only good for selfies or to be used as a mirror(isn't that all people use the front for anyways?).

The battery life is killer compared to any other phone I've seen....

Build about as tough as phones get. The design is great and one of the best of many smart phones I have seen. Good design(even a programmable button) and it looks sharp.
This phone's reception is just as good as any phone I've had or seen, if not better. As I've seen with other reviewers, their experiences may differ based on the area they are in and where cell towers are. My service with verizon and this phone has been fantastic so far. No issues on my end that would be any different from another high quality phone.
The phone's call quality is still up there for sure. I think it's a little different from other high quality phones, but it's certainly better than many(better than the iphones, for example).
Its wi-fi took no hits either. I can be in a call and still text/send pics/use data/etc. unlike my previous phone(droid razr) which would sometimes turn off the data during calls. Gets as good a signal as any other phone, if not better. It is as fast as the data it's connected to, so remember that(just like any wireless or wired device).
Not much to say here and than that the multimedia is just as good as any other top phone. I'm sure the best of the best in terms of bells and whistles though would beat this phone out. It'll get the job done, no problem. I browse youtube, use pandora, internet, doesn't really matter. They all work fine.
I had to give this an 8 because while the sound and speakers in this bad boy are pretty good(and you can get them loud too!), the video quality on this phone is a notch or two below the other top phones for sure. The front facing camera is nothing to hoot about but the rear camera is still fine and dandy. If you're just taking selfies with the front camera and then whatever you may normally do with the rear, you're fine. Just don't expect IMAX level videos if(for whatever reason) you're trying t
I used to have a Droid Razr which I had for 4 1/2 years. It lasted me for forever but the newer updates/programs for phones just put it behind the times, sadly. My Razr would be slow and respond sluggishly. This phone though is a beauty compared to that. The boosted ram and processing make it function darn near flawlessly. I can zip around the phone quickly and without issue. It gets the job done and it does it well. It's below the other high end phones like the Samsung Galaxy S6 but that isn
It'll handle all your wants and needs
It's pretty solid. Better than a number of other phones I've seen for sure. Works pretty well minus the quirk mine has sometimes. My phone(not sure if anyone else's does this) has a weird quirk where sometimes(once in a while) the screen won't rotate.I have to restart it to fix that. It takes roughly under 30 seconds but it's still inconvenient once in a while. Never bothered to look into it.
The display is as great as any other top phone. Very responsive. Even with the sapphire screen's incredible durability, absolutely no loss in sensitivity or responsiveness was seen.I haven't done to my screen what some of these other more daring or careless people have, but it certainly doesn't seem to scratch. Ever. I originally had an Armor Shield screen protector(but you had to spray adhesive and... well let's just say I threw it out.). It honestly doesn't even need a screen protector. Whate
The battery and efficiency in which it uses it is phenomenal. If I barely use it this phone will easily go three days without charging. I typically charge it every other night and that's through normal use. Even on days I use it a lot, using GPS navigation, youtube, web browser, etc. it will still easily get me through the day and probably be around 20-30~%. And that's using GPS navigation for hours, like 4+ in addition to everything else. It's adorable to watch everyone else's phones die before

Pros

• One of the most indestructable phones you'd own
  • Good overall hardware
  • No more quirks than any other phone might have
  • Top of the line battery and life 10/10 is more of an understatement for that
  • Responsive and functions pretty well
  • The audio is pretty darn good. Sounds amazing when I plug it into my car's audio
  • No need for a screen protector
  • Pretty good design
  • Can't beat the quality for the price

Cons

• Camera is good, but not top of the line. Front facing one is mediocre. That isn't why you buy this kind of phone though, is it?

hugeonemax posted on Jul 19, 2015, 11:51 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 19, 2015

Kyocera is a POS company

hugeonemax has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had three warranty phones with the same issues and this phone is a Limon. It's Bluetooth timing in audio is off digitized audio and poor reception bad rf reception weak signal. And always reboots it's self. Oh do your self a favor and only deal with company's that care of there clients

Pros

• unbeatable display
  • waterproof

Cons

• bad effective reception
  • bad audio
  • bad company

jporzl posted on Feb 15, 2015, 5:53 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 15, 2015

This phone has exceed my expectations

jporzl has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Stay entertained and connected on your travels and outdoor adventures with Brigadier™ by Kyocera. Sporting rugged good looks, this smartphone features the durable Sapphire Shield™ display. Brigadier survives drops, dunks and kerplunks—it's waterproof and protects against dust, shock and vibration.

Very sturdy phone, feels solid
Never drops my calls
crystal clear, especially in speaker
very good service
music, youtube, netflix, play store
it says 8 megapixels but take amazing phones with lots of features
very fast, quad core
it preforms everything i need from playing games to getting school work done
you can use the key board or text to speech
sapphire crystal looks amazing
i once got 4 days out of the battary, usually average 2.5 days

Pros

• sapphire display
  • water proof
  • fast ui
  • good camera
  • sturdy build quality

Cons

• black plastic gets scuffed easily

abater posted on Oct 19, 2014, 10:26 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 19, 2014

Bit of a disappointment so far....

abater has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am a farmer, run heavy machinery, cut down trees, etc. Needed a robust phone. Like the supposed indestructibility of this model and its protective belt case. (Why the camera lens isn't somehow covered by the holster I don't know.)

Unfortunately the cell reception and Bluetooth operation is very poor and my wife hangs up on me versus tolerating the breakup and distortion. Came across this site while looking for possible resolutions.

Seems pretty good, worried that the little tethers on the waterproof covers for the IO ports will likely fail at some point.
Not nearly as good as my previous Droid Pro phone as to cell reception. Won't stay connected to my wifi networks, says they aren't good enough.
When connected seems OK, except when in Bluetooth where the call become distorted and useless after a few seconds.
No real problems here so far.
Not a music or video watcher.
Have received complaints about the picture quality.
I figured it out pretty quickly.
Just fair.
I hate the soft keyboard and the fact that it thinks it is smarter than I am, very slow compared to the real keys on my previous phone.
Display seems fine.
Good so far, does use more battery in wifi mode.

Pros

• Supposedly indestructible

Cons

• Bluetooth so far useless
  • Camera quality is poor
  • Cell reception seems weak
  • Hate the keyboard

geerlijd posted on Oct 17, 2014, 5:27 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 17, 2014

Rugged phone, but touchscreen freezes, mic sounds muffled, and poor wireless reception

geerlijd has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The design looks rugged, and I bought it because it was waterproof. It functioned well for about 2 weeks, however, I got poor feedback on the far end audio. Callers said I sounded like I was in a fish bowl, or underwater.

The wireless reception was poor compared to other phones I've used. Tended to drop networks much quicker than I'm used to.
After a couple weeks the touch screen started freezing intermittently. Usually just the bottom inch or so wouldn't work (but thats where the icons are that you use the most). I power cycle seemed to reset it, so it seems like a software or memory issue.

I am returning while I still can.

wesright posted on Sep 18, 2014, 7:01 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Sep 17, 2014

I love this phone!

wesright has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Coming from the last two Casio Commando rugged phones I was sad to lost the Commando 4G but this phone makes up for it in every way. The camera(s) are much better, you almost have to try to take a bad picture. The speed is much better than most phones I've seen. The UI is very snappy. The quad core CPU does its job. The screen is much better and I love the Sapphire Screen. It is virtually unscratchable. Check Youtube for vids on people trying to scratch it. I love it. The battery can't be removed, one of the things I hate about the ipone as well, but it does last longer than I thought it would. Running blurtooth and Audible for about 9 hours drains the batter down to maybe 60-70%. That surprised me. Even with WiFi on all day and connected when at home I almost never go below 40%, even with a lot of use. I really have to try to get it down to 30% and less. I also love the wireless charging!! I just place it on the pad and it charges without me having to pry open a cover.(because it is waterproof all of the connectors have covers) The HD screen is surprisingly large as well. It doesn't seem so at first but when you use it the size really stands out. The new "OK Google" voice feature is great. I can set it to work from any screen, even if the phone is locked, I just say OK Google and it recognizes me. "Wake me up in 30 minutes" and it sets the alarm on its own. I ask questions and it Googles the answer. I love the English Accent. I asked it who the 10th Doctor was and it "told" me...

It is super rugged and waterproof. The Sapphire Screen is also an awesome feature. It feels a little heavier than other phones but it doesn't feel cheaply built. You don't get anxious if it slips from your hand. It can fall from 10 feet onto concrete and it will still work. It is a very well built phone.The phone is IP68-certified and it meets the Military Standard 810G. Need I say more?
The reception is good when it connects but I had to take away a couple of points because it just isn't that powerful when compared to my other phones. The 3G when I dont catch 4G has gfull bars most often but when in 4G I don't often see 4 bars. It works well but the strength doesn't seem to be as good as it could be. I think it would have better range if they boosted the reception power a little.
I'd have put it higher but when in the car for example, it is so sensitive that the wind makes it hard for someone to understand me. With the windows up the quality is great. The phone picks up every little thing. With the radio on the person I call can even hear me scratching my nose for example and that makes it hard for them to understand me. The speaker however, is awesome. I can be somewhere with a lot of noise and I can hear the caller easily, with no problem. There is some tech behind thi
The data speed is fast. I never have issues other than the occasional slow site. Searching Google for example is super fast whether I am at home on WiFi or on the road using 4G. I have no complaints al all re: Internet Speed.
The speakers are great. The loudest I have yet heard from a smartphone. When I set the Generl Lee car horn as the rington or alarm sound I wake up my son on the 2nd floor! All joking aside, it has 100 decibel front facing stero speakers and they are loud. I can listen to my audiobooks via the phone's speakers and work around the house without a problem.
Compared to other phones I've had this camera is awesome. You almost have to try to take a bad picture. The autofocus works great. The other weekend I was shocked when taking pictures at a local fair. With the Camera in Auto, I hit the button (external, which is cool) and it focused in on a horse and wagon running by perfectly. The pictures were clear and no blurring. The rear camera is only 8MP but the pictures look like it was taken on a much more expensive camera.
User Interface is quite snappy. Scrolling through the apps or menus is virtually instant. The quad core CPU really does its job well. I can't complain at all.
The Brigadier is surprisingly fast. I find myself using the improved OK Google Feature a lot now. Searches with it are great but even things like setting an alarm clock are much easier now. I say "OK Google" and then "Wake me in 30 minutes" and it sets the alarm on its own. That, or "Set an alarm for 7:30 am" and thats it, alarm set. I'm using this phone more and more.
The Commando 4G was better than its predecessor but the screen quality wasn't quite up to par with this phone. I believe it is HD and it is larger as well. I love the Sapphire Screen regardless, even my car keys couldnt' scratch the screen. I tried.
Even with a lot of usage with Bluetooth and WiFi turned on the battery last a good long time.

Pros

• The phone is IP68-certified and meets the Military Standard 810G.
  • Sapphire Shield Display is bright and easy to see even in bright sunlight.
  • Android 4.4.2
  • Wireless Charging
  • 720p HD 4.5
  • External Camera button quite cool.
  • Quad Core CPU - Quick and fast User Interface
  • 8 MP Rear Facing Camera and 2 MP Front Facing Camera.
  • Miracast Screen Feature lets you wirelessly cast screen to compatible devices
  • MicroUSB connector
  • 100 decibel Stereo Speakers

Cons

• Battery can not be removed

dingeesboy posted on Sep 10, 2014, 6:55 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 10, 2014

Kyocera Brigadier Tough as Nails

dingeesboy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I really dig this phone, for the price that Verizon had this at ($49.99) it was a steal.
I am really tough on my phones, this bad boy had already been put through the ringer and has done a kick butt job handling everything that's been thrown at it.
I've dropped it water (6ft to be exact) worked like a charm.
Ive dropped it and have hit the screen on a bunch of different objects (keys, rocks, screws) the sapphire shield is great.
The body has a nice rubber grip & the rest is pretty solid and well built.
i would buy this phone over again, it suits my needs well.

solid and well built, the back in ok, can be scratched kind of easy along the middle crease.
I'm on Verizion 4G LTE and have had no issues, got it late at night in florida, the next morning I left for Clemson S.C. great signal all the way up.
I've heard of other people complaining about call quality, I have had great luck. no one ever complains on the other end of my calls about noises. I was impressed by the sound induction receiver, I actually put a pair of plastic ear protectors (ear muffs) on and held up the front screen of the phone to the ear muff and could hear through the plastic. AMAZING !!!
It works well and fast
The speaker on the front of this thing is LOUD !!! great for Netflix, Hulu, Youtube or just playing music.
8mp...ehhh. I went down from 13mp (s4) to 8mp. I wish it had a higher resolution, but you can't have everything.it does take decent photos and great video (i put a video on youtube of me putting it underwater)
I'm rough on my phones. this thing is a BEAST. takes on H2O, has a Sapphire shield that is as tough as nails (I've taken my keys, knife and a even a rock to it...NO scratches what so ever. The body is pretty solid too.
good for what it is, screen keyboard function takes a little getting used to.
this thing is bright, even in the sun. good screen quality.
My battery is lasting me 2 days. normal use. i usually wake up using my phones alarm and unplug it. check emails, do a quick workout with music, stream bluetooth music thru to my cars HD receiver, text my wife, check more emails, call co workers, play games & such. i only had 1 day where I did not get 2 days, that was a heavy usage day.

• sonic induction technology
  • waterproof (up to 6ft)
  • sapphire shield
  • ip68
  • mil std 810
  • tough as nails

Cons

• camera quality

samy2397 posted on Aug 19, 2014, 4:52 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 19, 2014

samy2397

samy2397 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

whenever I call someone on the other side of the call they can hear my surrounding noise through the phone and Verizon tried to fix it but they couldn't get it fixed so they offered me a customer service phone but they could not fix it. The factory maker told me to return the phone and then between 10-20 days they would explain what was the problem with the phone so I decided to return the phone to Verizon. I'm real disappointed on this phone...

Wolfgang posted on Aug 19, 2014, 10:41 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 24, 2012

Durable, Fast, and Unique.

Wolfgang has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

First and foremost, I bought this phone for the sole purpose of its versatility. I'm a bit clumsy and I'm not a fan of phone cases. That's where this guy made an appearance.

Build: Meets MIL-STD-810 requirements. Fancy way of saying this phone is immune to: Water, dust, shock, salt air, solar radiation, and low pressures. (I guess the last two options will be great if you decide to snapchat from the International Space Station.) Obviously this phone has a rugged look, but still maintains a level of sophistication.

Reception/Quality: Great speaker, and radio has been picking up cell service and WiFi very well.

Speed: Quad-core processor and 2 GB of RAM. Enough said for Android 4.4

Battery: Not the best, but surely not the worst. Solid B Grade on the battery life. Grant it, I wake up every morning and watch 20 minutes of videos. Afterwards, I'll usually play Pandora on a 30-40 minute commute. Following that, I constantly stay updated on a Fantasy Baseball team. So my opinion on the battery life may be a bit biased.

All-in-all, this a great phone from start to finish. If you are an outdoors person, than this is the phone to get.

Pros

• Durability
  • Loud speakers
  • Camera, speaker, and utility buttons
  • $80 with two-year upgrade
  • Can kick your phone's ass

Cons

• Battery life for those heavy users