HTC Vivid User Reviews

9.5

kslaughter32296 posted on Jul 11, 2012, 10:07 PM
Posts: 11; Member since: Aug 12, 2011

Love it! Just a few small cons...

kslaughter32296 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Have had this phone about a month, and I love it! Excellent camera, so good in fact that I just gave my grandma my digital camera because I no longer need it :) battery life, eh not great but not terrible either. Love how the phone has 16gb of storage, considering I already had an 8gb microsd card in my old phone, the AT&T avail. So I keep all of my music, pics, and videos on the card and all of my apps on the phone :) very fast, has a nice processor, and as long as brightness is up, the gorgeous qhd display is quite visible in sunlight. Perfect size screen for me, and I love the front facing camera as I can now video chat, because I have no webcam on my computer. And Right now, AT&T is selling them refurbished (just as good as new) in black AND white for just a penny when u renew, add a line, or sign up for new service. Great buy if you ask me, and with android 4.0.3 and htc sense 3.6 and beats audio, RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX? Pretty much can't ask for more. Good job HTC and AT&T, keep up the good work :)

The phone has a beautiful body and I love the styling as well as the metal back but however the rest of it other than the screen is plastic unfortunately, but at least it lightens it up. However, last night when I took the battery cover off, I was trying to get it back on and I felt the phone flex a little bit as I was doing that. So I do feel that with enough pressure, it'd just break in half :(
Excellent reception, ANYWHERE I am! And 4g speeds are as fast as cable or faster
Call quality is good, however the speakerphone is not too well and to get good quality from the ear piece, it must be burnt in, I noticed it gets better the more you use the phone.
Love using the Internet on this phone, better yet I like it better than my iPad :) flash player, gives an option for desktop sites, and has tabs, remembers passwords, everying. Plus 4g speeds in my area are just as fast as cable, and lte seems faster than that.

kslaughter32296 alternatives:

MarloThaMartian posted on Dec 29, 2011, 9:31 PM
Posts: 48; Member since: Dec 27, 2010

Best phone choice Ive made in a while

MarloThaMartian has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Im upgrading from a Samsung Focus (windows Phone) they were great and all but Windows phone is very restrictive and barely had any good apps. This phone blows them out the water. Great camera, very fast 4g LTE since I live in atlanta. This phone is kinda heavy but its barely noticable. The battery life is just ok. If your at 13 percent then you better get a charge fast because it will die. The apps on Android are awesome. The speaker when watching videos is very low. The back case of the phone is made of metal so when it heats up it gets hot

• Apps
  • UI
  • 4g LTE

• Metal Back gets hot

MarloThaMartian alternatives:

Azibs posted on Dec 12, 2012, 10:07 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 12, 2012

In love with this machine!

Azibs has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought this htc vivid recently, and I seriously love it. Love the shape and design of this phone, its seriously better than the designs of samsung and Lg android devices. Call quality is good. And the camera is just out of this world, the focus in close up mode if very cool. I have it in white and i find it better in the way it looks than Skyrocket or anyother device. The colors in the display are very real, honestly i don't like the Display quality or whatever u call it in the samsung galaxy s2, i don't find them pleasing. The battery life is ok. Its almost the same compared to all the other android devices. So if you're looking for a cool dual core phone that comes in your budget, THIS IS THE BEST PHONE!

MRSHAH posted on Aug 09, 2012, 1:20 AM
Posts: 3; Member since: Mar 31, 2011

A SOLID PERFORMER

MRSHAH has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

HELLO EVERYONE
I HAVE BEEN USING THIS SET FOR OVER A MONTH NOW AND I MUST SAY IT HAS BEEN AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SET..
THE BUILT QUALITY IS SUPERB AND DESPITE OF 177G WEIGHT IT DOESNT FEEL SO WHEN HELD
ALL THE FEATURES IT HAS HAVE JUST BEEN EXCELLENT WHETHER IT IS THE CAMERA, CALL QUALITY, DOCUMENT PREPERATIONS, INTERNET CAPABILITIES, VIDEO PLAYBACK ETC
THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE BEEN HAVING IS WITH IT'S BATTERY LIFE WHICH IS VERY POOR (ESP FOR A USER LIKE ME WHO IS COMING FROM NOKIA E SERIES SETS)
SECONDLY THE SOUND IS NOT THE LOUDEST WITHOUT HEADPHONE
AND THE LAST MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE IS THAT THE BODY IS A FINGERPRINT MAGNET

BUT ALL IN ALL THIS IS ONE WONDERFUL DEVICE THAT MIGHT GO UNNOTICED WITH THE RELEASE OF QUAD CORE SETS YET A PLEASURE TO USE
9/10

LOW SOUND QUALITY LOWERS THE FUN FACTOR
POOR BATTERY IS THE REASON THAT THE SET CAN NOT BE USED COMFORTABLY FOR AN ENTIRE DAY
BATTERY STRUGGLES TO MAKE IT TO HALF DAY WITH MODERATE USE EVEN

Pros

• BUILT QUALITY
  • CAMERA
  • INTERNET SPEEDS
  • CALL QUALITY
  • RECEPTION
  • VIDEO PLAYBACK

Cons

• POOR BATTERY
  • LOW VOLUME OUT OF SPEAKERS
  • DISPLAY FINGER PRINT MAGNET

kusalmunasinghe posted on Jun 28, 2012, 4:28 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 28, 2012

all in one

kusalmunasinghe has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i really love the phone, because it carries all the features i need and more than that. as the phone says the display is truly vivid, i really like it, the camera also is good performer, and the video recorder also, but the sounds in the video is not in a good condition, the only problem i see in his phone is the battery, as for me its not a very big issue, but for a person who travels alot, then it will be a big problem,
however this phone is a good product and it satisfies me

Pros

• display
  • video playback
  • internet

• video recording

akaysills17 posted on May 30, 2012, 9:50 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 30, 2012

Another great HTC phone but not perfect

akaysills17 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've recently owned other brands, like the iphone 4, Samsung Infuse and Atrix 2. As far as stability and endurance, this phone tops them all. It can, of course, do so much more than the iphone 4 and isn't glitchy like the Samsungs I've owned. It feels durable and sturdy despite it's plastic build. I'm impressed by how well ICS runs on this phone. The camera is exceptional. With 1gb RAM, this phone never lags. It hasn't frozen up on me once and I run the phone pretty hard. Saying that, the battery life is worse than other smart phones I've owned. Even with battery saving settings, I don't make it a full day without needing to charge it. I'd say keep a charger close by or an extra battery, especially if you are going to be using the phone a lot. Call quality isn't awesome but it isn't horrible either. I find if there is any noise on my end or the other caller, it becomes difficult to hear. But, I NEVER have dropped calls with this phone. It gets great reception.
Overall, this is a great phone to own. It's not perfect but it's HTC so it's reliable and well made. I'd trust it to keep me through my contract (without insurance) over other brands.

Feels sturdy but it's made of plastic and the battery cover comes off too easily.
Probably the worst feature of the phone. It's not completely horrible but not awesome either.
Beats audio makes this phone amazing.
Good keyboard!
Nice display. Hard to see in direct sunlight, even with the display turned up. I almost never use this phone if I'm sitting outside as it's so hard to see.

Pros

• Durable, reliable, ICS

Cons

• Battery, call quality, screen display

wrpalmer posted on Apr 06, 2012, 12:31 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Apr 06, 2012

wrpalmer

wrpalmer has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have an iPhone as well, and in many circumstances the Vivid out performs it. Now that the new 4.0 ICS software is running there aren't many devices that will match the Vivid. Battery life has improved dramatically, and customer service with HTC is absolutely the best.

Pros

• Everything about this phone

ested23 posted on Jan 04, 2012, 4:31 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 25, 2011

Love the HTC Vivid!

ested23 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Coming from the HTC Inspire to the Vivid is the best move I could've made. The Vivid is a very powerful phone where I would recommend it to all people that love Androids. This phone can compete with the best of them....and that's including the iPhone 4S. The call and sound quality is great, the camera and video quality is amazing. The ease of use is simple and easy to find things. The internet is fast....very fast I should say. Now the LTE for at&t is the FASTEST that I EVER seen, ridiculously fast. Only negative that I have is the battery life could be better...although its better than the Inspire. The inspire's battery is the weakest that I've ever seen. But anyway, I would still recommended this phone. I love it to death! :-)

• 4G LTE

Cons

• the battery life
  • the back latch of the phone. not a great build