Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of PhoneArena.
Lovely,powerful beats,not perfect yet very pleasing to use
htainlintha has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
I have never thought of it changing but I did try and I really like it,I bought it one month ago and it is a powerful beast to me trust me,I know there are more powerful beasts on the way but it is still quite powerful,very pleased with its built body and gorilla glass. I love to listen to music with beats so it has become my very first android phone. After reading some user reviews,I found that there is no pre-loading software it has one or two but that depends on the carrier they use I think. It is fully capable of doing anything ice-cream can with sense 3.6 :). Better check it out. Overall it is a very good phone but will be looking forward to better phones with more beastly power quad-core power.
My phone is bought in May1sth 2012 from Starhub(carrier in Singapore). Got one update and running android version 4.0.3 with HTC sense 3.6 (for now). I am also really happy that I can use it anyhow connect by PC without using itunes cos for godsake,I really hate to use it whenever I connect my ip to PC.But still it is a great phone.Thanks for viewing.
5 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Report
HTC Sensation XE Review
rex0422 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
Okay, this is a decent handset, it has nothing to write home about or brag about. Below are my three main disappointments:
First, it has Android 2.3 with HTC Sense 3.0, I think 3.0 is very refined, good and runs decently. However, my unit reboots from time to time, only happened twice, but was sufficiently enough to scare me. Also, sometimes it just feels very sluggish with its performance, and it is a memory hog, just takes up too much RAM, even with no apps open or running in background!!!
Second, display is rather disappointing. Nearly identical to the original Sensation or Sensation 4G (T-Mobile), however, display viewing angle is a tad better. Brightness is a tad brighter, but overall, same display, same qHD resolution.
Three, camera and call qualiy are somewhat sub-par. 8-megapixel autofocus camera takes decent shots, however, details are significantly lacking and contrast is a problem, mainly software issue (also it casts a haze to the shots taken). Other than that, details are somewhat lacking, but still usable. Also, although earpiece produces some acceptable strong tones, it still crackles as volume increases and it is rather hard to hear. Reception isn't that great as well.
Overall, decent handset and improved from the original, but DEFINITELY NOT WORTH YOUR 750 BUCKS IF YOU ARE IN THE UNITED STATES, AND WANT TO BUY FROM ONLINE RETAILERS, such as Expansys USA.
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Report
HTC Sensation .....a good phone
fahad345 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
A good phone but battery is just good....wifi signal drop when u put ur hand on the back or on battery cover....but beats audio is very good and very good sound qualtiy.....Also, there are minor issues with the software
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Report
Good mobile colorful , fast . review after 4 months
mohammed.r1996 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
Hello Guys , i used this device about 4 months with Gingerbread sense 3.0 and with ICS sense 3.6 . I found some bugs and some cons in this device , and many bugs fixed after update . already it is good device .
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Report
Planning on changing phone after less than 2 months
51747 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
I was really looking forward to this phone when it came out. I owned an HTC Desire and pretty much loved that one - I had it for over a year before moving to the Sensation XE. Now within less than 2 months of use, I'm thinking of moving on the Galaxy Nexus.
- The phone, in general, is pretty smooth and fast.
- The build quality is quite nice.
- The display is crisp and a pleasure to view.
- The Beats headphones and the sound improvements are quite decent. Most of the times, the quality of the sound improved with Beats Audio enabled - but not always.
- Though this does not apply to this handset in particular, the Android Market has improved enormously since I first used it over a year ago.
- Sense is good in a lot of ways, e.g. the People application that gives you contact-specific information, the keyboard (which IMO seems more usable than Android's stock one), the cool lock screen/weather animations and the native Voice Recorder.
- Sense is a burden on the hardware. After a month of use, the UI crashes almost every time I return to the home screen. Also, there are minor issues with the software/ For example, the Task Manager is a total dud, it never kills an application properly. Watch, Locations and Reader are pretty much useless in some regions/countries (like mine). Furthermore, having separate Facebook and Twitter for Sense apps seems too tedious to manage.
- The camera is a complete let-down. Not that my Desire's camera was any better, but I was hoping for...
3 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Report