Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

HTC Harrier User Reviews Back

bob posted on Oct 17, 2006, 10:22 PM

6.4

dds

after much learning and calls to tech, I am reasonably satisfied and believe that all the new phones are not great as yet. ringer is not good. lots of weird clinches but works well most of the time. i oculd do without the cameral....why did
Verizon dumpt this?

mkmobile posted on Jun 26, 2005, 10:40 AM

6.6

Keyboard works for all apps

Posting a reply to Mr. Don... keyboard works for all applications, including Word & Excel & browser... I love the device; had a Samsung i700, upgraded. Web access is wonderful. Using this device as a high speed modem connected to my laptop, able to log into corporate email with high speed access.

eric posted on Jun 09, 2005, 5:35 PM

Kyocera 7135 user - tested Treo 650 and 6600

I dumped my Kyocera 7135 and purchased the 6600... it has all the features I wanted... email, evdo, big screen for surfing on the run. I noticed quickly that it is a very poor phone. It takes considerable effort to select a name to dial from the contacts, it has a huge touch screen... but does not have a virtual button to switch to speaker phone. It is very difficult to turn off the phone when you dont want to field calls. I took it back and got the Treo 650... which is much better as a phone and has a better screen.. yes, I would take it over the 6600.. very clear and crisp. I returned the Treo becuase is has awful voice quality... and I really want EVDO. So, I am back to my Kyocera 7135 and will try the Samsung i730 when it becomes available. Hopefully it will be a great phone and pda.

Jose posted on Mar 12, 2005, 8:14 AM

Exelent i love mi pocket pc

I work in a factory running over the floor al day, from the day one I use portable devices the pain is to synchronized the data every time the new information is available I need to run to my desk to update it. With this device I keep my self on line all the time.
Normally I carry two phones one camera and a PDA with this unit I pack all in one relative small and practical device.
One small steep back was the camera resolution down to VGA; the POP is great 5 accounts able to me to also have mi personals e-mails account up date. I love my Pocket PC…

Matt Harper posted on Mar 11, 2005, 12:16 PM

Good unit overall

Yes, battery life could be better. Yes, it is a little on the heavy side. But what do you expect when you get this many features packed inside of one device like this. The speakerphone sound quality could be better too. Everything else on this thing rocks! POP work great, apps are available to do anything you can imagine. Well worth the cons to get a unit like this with the Windows O/S.

Doug posted on Mar 03, 2005, 10:25 PM

Work Phone

I am on the road alot and out of my office most of the time. This phone gives me the ability to perform all of my task in my hand and on the go. If you are on for information all the time I recomend this phone.

Mr. Don posted on Feb 01, 2005, 7:39 AM

Key Board only for E-Mail

Verizons Key Board only works for e-mail Not Word or Excell! Do not know if Cingular the same. boy is this dum,is it the hardware or the software, no one seems to know.

Dave posted on Dec 24, 2004, 11:24 AM

Great Design, but...

I just received this device and I'm very impressed with the design. While the keyboard does not have true individual buttons, its design is probably better for durability and the backlighting is excellent for any dark room. Keyboard is very easy to use.

Cons:
Getting it to sync with Exchange Server was a pain. I had to opt for POP for now. The POP client seems terrible because it apparently redownloads all email subjects every time it syncs! Maybe that's my fault, not sure.

Battery life is HORRIBLE. This is my first color screen cell phone so maybe I am expecting too much. My guess is if I opted for a bluetooth headset I'd be lucky to get 1/2 a day with light usage.

I switched from an old Kyocera Palm based phone and I miss the Palm interface. PocketPC seems way too clunky and inelegant, though familiar to any Windows user.

I'm thinking of going for a Treo 650 even though I wanted the Windows phone because I can write programs for it.

Anonymous posted on Oct 13, 2004, 2:00 PM

Harrier is a true "All In One"

What does the Harrier have over the Samsung i700?
3 things as I see it.
1. Fully retractable and user-friendly QWERTY keyboard.
2. Bluetooth
3. EV-DO Wireless Broadband connectivity

A little on the heavy side but not bad for the first true all-in-one device for use on America's premier wireless network. The Harrier will download at 300-500 kbps on Verizon's ever expanding EV-DO wireless broadband data network, comes with coveted Bluetooth technology, and has a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It's a unique device at this point.