Google Pixel 3a XL User Reviews

naittosan posted on Nov 24, 2019, 9:37 AM
Posts: 243; Member since: Jun 28, 2014

Pixel 3a xl

naittosan has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I always looked for the latest and greatest, and always got it, with everything I didn't need. Bought the Pixel 3a xl for a really good price and kept a lot of money my pocket to use elsewhere. This phone is a great buy, I never used 64 gb before so that's not a problem. Takes excellent pictures battery last well over a day. Just the perfect phone as far as I am concerned.

Because for plastic it really fees well built
Hear very well
My hearing is going and I don't like wearing hearing aids, I can hear with this phone with no problem.
Never a problem
Music sounds great.
What can I say it's on of the best. Love the night sight.
I have had no slow down, by I only play Pokemon for games
I on it constantly throughout the day and have no issues
Love how you can use the voice mic and the keyboard remains up.
For the price of the phone the screen is a steal. I also love having bezels back so I have something to hang on to.
Last me over a day or well into the night watching YouTube.

Pros

• Best bargain for your money

Cons

• Sorry I have none. But I guess if i had to put something I would like a second wide angle lens camera.

applesnapple93 posted on Oct 24, 2019, 7:00 PM
Posts: 339; Member since: Jan 06, 2016

applesnapple93 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Read the ratings. A good alternative would be a Pixel 2 XL. The good on the Pixel 2 XL are the bad on this one and the other way around. I prefer the 2 XL but this phone is still awesome. Not knocking it.

Its plastic, so what? its built well and theres no reason for me to feel otherwise. Especially in a case I would never know it wasnt glass or metal.
Reception is definitely better than my Pixel 2 XL that I was using before it.
Calls sound crisp and are great. I noticed this phone favors WiFi calling more than any other Pixel that I owned.
Not sure if its an android problem or a the lower level processor, but sometimes some pages take a little longer to load than I feel that they should. Even on Wifi (350mbps wifi)
Screen is great. Speakers are really loud and crisp. Occasionally I will get a distortion but its usually brief. My only issue is the down firing speaker is not as good as the front firing on previous models.
Camera is really really good. Only reason its not a 10 is when I was taking some night sight photos in Nashville with neon signs, there would sometimes be a ghost of the neon sign over our faces. Really weird.
The phone works great. But when touching the touch screen it just feels less responsive. It almost feels like this is done by Google deliberately. Hold it side by side with a Pixel 3 or Pixel 2 and give the settings menu a flick. There is a slight delay on the 3a and it moves at about 60% of the speed.
Phone is great for every day usage. Sometimes heavy multitasking (usually messaging) can push the phone to its limits. Usually not an issue.
Android just hasn't figured out keyboard accuracy as well as Apple yet. I love android and am not hating. But I just feel like the keyboard hates me sometimes.
Great display. Sometimes a little dim and can get affected by light glare. Otherwise a great display.
Awesome battery. I can get a day and a half with heavy usage. GPS, pictures, messaging, social media and have about 6 hours screen on time on 1 charge. Also who cared about wireless charging? things take forever. Phone charges quick when plugged in.

Pros

• Build
  • Speaker volume
  • Price
  • Headphone jack?

Cons

• Deliberately slowed down UI by Google
  • Should be at least $50 cheaper still...
  • Sharing videos and photos still use MMS (in US)

applesnapple93 alternatives: