BlackBerry Classic User Reviews

5.2

Kame_Hame_Haaaaa posted on Oct 04, 2015, 12:28 PM
Posts: 360; Member since: Jul 29, 2015

3.5

Kame_Hame_Haaaaa has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Wrong time, Wrong product.

First. The 3.5" small screen is really looks bad compared to other phone in 2014. I wonder why BB even bother to made this phone.

Second, the phone SLOW AS HELL. BB should put a faster CPU on this phone.

Third, the battery life is NOT GREAT.

Fourth, the screen color calibration is NOT GREAT.

Just like other BB phone.
Just like other BB phone
Just like other BB phone
If this phone released in 2007, I would give 10 for the internet. But as in 2015, this is NOT FAST. This is laggy.
Multimedia on puny 3.5" screen is like watching black & white TV side by side with 50" 4K TV.
Photo just like an unknown china brand phone. Very bad quality.
Slow CPU, slow UI. Only feel fast when NO APPS AT ALL.
Not as good compared to android or apple. and the small screen ruined everything.
While I used to love this phone format. It turn out current phablet is faster for input text.
2.5" small screen + bad color reproduction
Just fine, but NOT the best.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• small screen for 2015 standard
  • NO APPS

Kame_Hame_Haaaaa alternatives:

SitiNurbaya0 posted on Jun 12, 2015, 9:35 AM
Posts: 153; Member since: May 22, 2015

The best clasic type blackberry... EVER!!

SitiNurbaya0 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is the best blackberry classic style phone. ever. compared to the old blackberry OS 7, this phone is lightning fast, and have less hickup.

This phone biggest design problem in 2014/2015 is the small screen. After using a couple of large 5"+ phone, this 3"-ish phone really show that this kind of phone is not comparable to current generation of smartphone.

The other design problem were, using touch screen is now faster to type and more comfortable compared to small keyboard.

Other than that, the phone is stable and great enough for blackberry product. Although there is still a couple of unpleasant stability.

The biggest downside of this phone is apps. there is no GOOD/GREAT quality apps. Most of the apps were just low quality. I know this phone can run android apps. Unfortunately, not all apps can be run. only selective apps. Newest, greatest game mostly run with problem.

Conclusion.
If you want blackberry. This is the one.
If you want apps and future proof phone. This phone NOT the one.

good enough
quite good reception
good call quality
good compared to old bb. but not as good as android/iphone.
small screen ruin the experience
camera is not strong suite of bb
great. fast. for blackberry but compared to other android/iphone is not fast enough
if only it has bigger screen & more apps.
great qwerty. but it's really not 2014/2015
great display. but too small for 2014/2015
The battery is not big enough. It's not enough for all day.

Pros

• best bb

Cons

• no apps
  • small screen
  • battery not big enough

SitiNurbaya0 alternatives:

JaneChenLong posted on Mar 25, 2015, 5:45 AM
Posts: 374; Member since: Mar 18, 2015

Bringing back BB OS7 nostalgia

JaneChenLong has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone really remind me the day I was using BB as my daily phone. But things were different with this phone, the browser is a lot better compared to the old BB, and the lag & crash from old BB were almost disappear.

But, although this phone is a PERFECT EVOLUTION from the old BB device. after I try to use this phone as my daily phone, I feel this phone is NOT UP TO compete with regular Android and iPhone. There is some chemistry missing in the UI. Using this phone is like using a computer with foreign language that I didn't know as the menu.

Good, but not good enough as flagship
Seems strong, but could be better
Good, but not as clear as the competitor
Better than old BB OS7, but bad compared to most android flagship
With small screen, what do you expect
The camera spec were high enough, but the picture quality taken by the phone is lagging behind competing product
No lag compared to old BB OS7 device, but not perfect.
Somehow, after more than 1 month using it, I still find it hard to navigate.
I think the tiny QWERTY pad is NOT as good as swiping in the glass.
too small for 2015
Wall hugger.

Pros

• BB OS10
  • Amazon App Store

Cons

• Amazon Apps Store need more quality apps, and the apps is a couple version behind the playstore
  • Battery is NOT good enough
  • screen is TOO small
  • Random crash, stuck/hang

JaneChenLong alternatives:

Andronikos posted on Jul 11, 2018, 11:43 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Feb 23, 2016

One of the best phone for business user

Andronikos has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Definitely I can say this is one of the best phone for business user like me.

Currently I'm using this Blackberry Classic to accompany my Huawei Mate 10 Pro PD as daily driver.

I really love this phone build quality and start screen. I read some bad review for this device multimedia but this is a business phone so I wont talk about that. The typing experience? MARVELOUS!

Blackberry push mail still one of the best and real-time 'til now and really help me with my daily tight schedule and multiple company email.

IF you need a secondary phone special for business, this is definitely your choice !

Pros

• Great Keyboard
  • Security

Cons

No Cons

Klaas posted on Sep 08, 2016, 9:07 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 08, 2016

Very great phone for daily work

Klaas has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Great phone for your daily work. Fast composing emails with the keyboard. Very accurate when browsing with the touchpad. I use this phone for my daily work, create emails, make appointments. The sound of this phone with phonecalls is very clear and loud. If you do not need this as a gaming phone it is absolutly a great phone.

Very solid quality
No problems with this carrier
Very clear sound
Will connect easily
On headphones great on speakers a little less
Great pictures and colors
Great with use of the blackberry hub
Great for work
fast with the keyboard
Alittle small but very clear
last for 1 and a half day

Pros

• The hub
  • Solid quality
  • nice pictures
  • BB10 OS

Cons

• a little heavy

dangerous91 posted on Dec 10, 2015, 10:03 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 23, 2015

A Classic phone for the Classic population

dangerous91 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The Blackberry Classic has been my daily phone for the past three months. The only time did not satisfy my needs/requirements was when I did not have Snapchat on the phone.

Im no business owner or have a job where I need to send hundreds of emails of day. Im an average joe that grew up with Android phones. The reason I use BlackBerry is due to its reputation for helping said people with their tasks. Coming from a Q10 ive realized the BB10 os is very underrated.

Im very pleased with the phone. The only thing I dont like is the camera.

feels premium, and the silver bezel is a good touch
never had a problem
Crisp an clear
horrible camera. I've recently seen an UFO and since it takes forever to capture a pic, i dont have proof of the event.
BB10 is very fluid, especially with the shortcut keys. The experience slows down with android apps
Awesome QWERTY keyboard
Coming from a Q10, its an #upgrade
After a busy day I still have some juice to browse reddit at 3 in the morning

Pros

• BlackBerry Hub
  • Best QWERTY keyboard of 2014-15
  • BlackBerry Blend
  • Blackberry Protect (it works)
  • BB10 10.3.2x

Cons

• The Classic Blackberry Camera
  • Android apps lag

thed00mshr00m posted on May 05, 2015, 2:56 PM
Posts: 4; Member since: Oct 03, 2014

Very Underrated Phone

thed00mshr00m has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I really don't understand why people don't give this phone more credit. BlackBerry knocked it out of the park with this phone. The OS is great, keeps my day to day tasks organized. The keyboard is outstanding. It takes beautiful photos. I feel like the reason it has not gotten the best reviews is because no one wants a blackberry these days. So what if the BlackBerry app word doesn't have everything, with the Amazon App store you basically have access to everything BlackBerry and Android! Over all, this phone deserves a perfect 10. Battery life is amazing, UI is quick, apps are great, really the only down side to this phone is the weird screen resolution. I got this phone for the keyboard but I've found I love it more than I expected. Excellent phone, very very underrated for what it is.

• UI
  • organization
  • security

Cons

• weird resolution

MeanHeng posted on Jun 05, 2015, 5:20 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Mar 28, 2015

For Simple User Like Me

MeanHeng has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm writing a review from cambodia. I'm a simple user. I just changed from my iPhone 5s. I love it more than 5s. BB 10 OS is look nice and I love to change Dark Background in my contact, message, calendar and BBM I hope I can get dark mode in more app or anywhere. To be honest first time I know Blackberry Classic use trackpad it make me think it's a old tool but I really fun when I used trackpad to select multi contact, photo, video... select text just press shift with trackpad, use trackpad to move photo zooming it's really fun. I always confusing to touch home button on my iPad to move cursor when I typing! my iPad is my entertainment thing and this Classic thing is my phone. I can say I like this phone than 5s that the same os of my entertainment thing.

• Amazon App Store
  • Select Multi Items
  • Select Text
  • Find Text In Browser

emtgeek posted on Mar 03, 2015, 8:14 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 03, 2015

Classic: Bridging BBOS and OS 10

emtgeek has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is a solid handset for mobile professionals. The security, qwerty keyboard, integration with email, enterprise, and BBM services all make for a well rounded smartphone for people who need to get work done. This phone is certainly an evolution of the popular Bold 9900/9930 and Q10 phones but the larger screen, tool-belt integration, and premium BlackBerry keyboard will please long-time and new fans of BlackBerry. Though blackberry has long been known not to have the 'millions' of Apps such as iPhone and Androids BB 10 OS now includes the Amazon App store which allows access to many android apps, amazon services, as well as their free app of the day. Call quality is among the best of any current generation device, and the BlackBerry Hub unified inbox is the best execution of such feature in the industry. The square screen does not allow for an over the top multimedia experience, however it is certainly usable for viewing the occasional video or photos.

Best Call quality of any handset I have ever owned. Including Q10 and Bold 9900

• Buily-In Apps/Services
  • BlackBerry Blend
  • Back to basics.
  • Amazon App Store/Android Apps
  • Expandable Stoargae
  • Built-In Support for Box, Dropbox, and One Drive

Cons

• Multimedia Consumption
  • Non-Removable Battery
  • Slight learning curve for legacy users