Apple iPhone 6 Plus User Reviews

8.9

fisher posted on Jan 29, 2016, 10:35 AM
Posts: 9; Member since: Jan 29, 2016

best

fisher has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

good phone. had this phone now after a long era with android phones. a little too big to handle, especially when you factor in that all the body you're carrying is just for a 5.5 inch screen, should be 6 inch, in the same body.

pooma posted on Nov 29, 2015, 11:29 AM
Posts: 87; Member since: Oct 01, 2015

awsome

pooma has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

elmtube posted on May 04, 2015, 2:22 PM
Posts: 16; Member since: May 18, 2012

great phablet

elmtube has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Pros

Cons

• screen to body ratio

elmtube alternatives:

sechinov posted on Mar 27, 2015, 12:54 PM
Posts: 32; Member since: Sep 30, 2014

good Phablet

sechinov has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

A little bit to get used to the size. It is better to buy a wireless headset for frequent calls. Marriage was an unpleasant experience, was replaced by a new service center. After replacing the problems have arisen. A little upset over low speed UI compared with younger Iphone 6

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• 1GB RAM
  • deformation of the body

nwright94 posted on Mar 22, 2015, 8:28 PM
Posts: 211; Member since: Oct 14, 2014

Best phone I've personally owned

nwright94 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've owned many phones but this one has been the one I've been consistently happy with. It's beautifully designed, if a bit slippery, and does everything I want it to without giving me any drama. The camera is so fast with focus and taking a picture, and the A8 chip blazes through everything. Safari gives me issues either due to needing more optimization or the paltry 1GB of RAM. Other than that, there's no glaring issues.

Feels incredible in the hand except for the slight slippery finish, you'll definitely need a case if you're the slightest bit clumsy.
Not the worst, but not as strong signal as previous Nokia's I've owned. In my bedroom I get about 2-3 bars of AT&T LTE where I got a consistent 4 bars in the same place on my Lumia 1020.
The ear speaker sounds great, its almost like there's a noise suppression field within a few millimeters of the earpiece. It sounds clear and the volume is loud without being harsh.
Safari is prone to reloading every tab, whether it's not well optimized or due to 1GB of RAM, I'm not sure.
Great screen for movies, speaker is great although I wish it was a stereo on the front, iTunes and the App Store are hard to beat.
Fast, consistent, always focused right, but some more megapixels wouldn't hurt. Definitely notice some fuzziness after my Lumia 1020.
Not a single dropped frame to be found.
The size gets in the way occasionally but otherwise its a joy to use everyday.
Eh, it's a normal software keyboard. Some haptic feedback would help but it's about as good as any other software keyboard out there.
Bright, big, beautiful. Can't ask for more.
Most of the time I can go 2-3 days without a charge. On heavier days, it will need charging by the end of the day. Charges much faster when plugged into a Mac or iPad AC adapter.

Pros

• Very fast camera
  • Very fast performance
  • Great screen
  • Usually great battery life
  • Beautiful to look at

Cons

• Camera could use more detail
  • Safari is unpredictable

nwright94 alternatives:

mistercarter posted on Feb 23, 2015, 8:05 PM
Posts: 360; Member since: Sep 01, 2011

best phone on the market

mistercarter has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this phone has the best of both worlds, it takes the best of android flagships like great battery life, huge, gorgeous display and great cameras, but add the massive catalogue of quality apps you find on iOS, what else could you ask for?

• display
  • massive catalogue of apps
  • premium design

Cons

• expensive

patrickf3 posted on Feb 11, 2015, 12:24 PM
Posts: 43; Member since: Feb 11, 2015

iPhone 6 Plus

patrickf3 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Thee iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone, I've had a couple of iPhones in the past, this being defiantly the best. The phone is very fast and snappy, experiencing almost no hiccups even during strenuous tasks. Even though the display isn't as high resolution as other phones it is very bright and pleasing to the eye. That goes for the camera too, although it is only an 8 megapixel sensor it produces great shots in any lighting, or enviornement. The battery, so far, has been fantastic I can easily get a full day and most of the next out of one charge. I have been very satisfied coming from my last phone, a Samsung Galaxy s4, even though I do miss some things. My real only complaints with this phone has nothing to do with the hardware or performance, it's just that ios doesn't take full advantage of the capability of this phone, also the finish of the metal is slippery. I hope to see in ios 9 new features to take advantage of the larger screen, and add a couple more customization features. Overall the iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone, and it thas been my favorite device to date and I think Apple will be able to improve upon the features to make it an even better experience.

Pros

• Very fast
  • Bright and crisp display
  • Great camera
  • Long lasting battery

Cons

• Ios doesn't take full advantage of the phone
  • Slippery in the hand

TechNeck posted on Nov 15, 2014, 12:48 AM
Posts: 651; Member since: Aug 29, 2014

Ehh,,,

TechNeck has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's decent phone, but the specs are not on par. Most of the specs included in this phone is kind of from the 2012- early 2013 era. So I usually use it at home when I'm studying. I should have expected better from Apple.

The build fine. But it is very slippery without a case.
It's fine.
Same as reception
My S5 Plus and my Note 4 are faster. It's slow on my WiFi, and it is slows down a bit on LTE
It's fine, but I really don't like the iTunes
It lags when I have multiple apps in the background.
Everyday use is ok.
They should have did better with the screens on both the 6 and the 6+.
Dies when barley half through the day.

Pros

• Big Screen
  • 1080p Screen
  • Clean UI
  • No Bloatware

Cons

• Lower ppi than I expected.
  • 2013 era specs

TechNeck alternatives:

jakece posted on Oct 17, 2014, 3:25 PM
Posts: 6; Member since: Nov 09, 2013

Iphone 6 Plus Review

jakece has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have owned the Iphone 6 plus for about 2 weeks now and its by far the most amazing phone that i have ever had. Before the Iphone 6 plus i owned the Note 3 & Galaxy S5 and the experience on the Iphone 6 is so much better than Android. Just because Apple didn't increase the megapixel count & gHZ speeds doesn't mean it's not faster than the rest of the smartphones out there. IOS is much more smooth than android. Android seems to be quite buggy sometimes and not organised as much as IOS 8 is.
Apple focuses on the details, & all the features that the iphone 6 plus has work perfectly. As Apple always simplicity is one of their key features. In conclusion, for me the iphone 6 plus is perfect!

Pros

• Superb Design
  • Great Battery Life
  • IOS 8 looks great
  • Amazing Camera

Cons

• Non-Removable Battery
  • Lacks Micro-SD
  • Resolution is not Quad-HD

briankeith513 posted on Oct 13, 2014, 12:44 PM
Posts: 8; Member since: Apr 12, 2009

Almost Sheer Perfection

briankeith513 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The all aluminum build quality has been great and looks like you paid money for it. This is refreshing, coming from leading smartphones and phablets that like to use obvious plastic or just a metal frame with obvious plastic.

Also, although its a big phone(as it should be since its a Phablet/5.5" screen), it's one of the thinnest in its class, making it more comfortable to hold and use. The screen is among the best, and looks as good, if not better than its Android counterparts. The user interface is smooth and fast, and intuitive, as iOS always is. It takes great, possibly the best pictures that I've seen from a smartphone. The battery life has been incredible so far.

The only negative thing is that there are currently some bugs, namely the accelerometer not switching orientation like it should, that should be fixed with an upcoming software update.

Pros

• Super thin, Great build Quality, Great screen, great battery, very user friendly ui
  • Beautiful apps, great call quality
  • Fast and smooth user interface,
  • Best smartphone/Phablet that I've ever owned

Cons

• iOS 8 has some bugs that should be fixed soon(accelerometer)

briankeith513 alternatives:

darkkjedii posted on Oct 02, 2014, 6:57 PM
Posts: 31000; Member since: Feb 05, 2011

One sweet device.

darkkjedii has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had my iPhone 6+ since the day it launched, and since the day it launched it is been a very good phone. A few bugs here and there but that is to be expected with the first generation iOS 8 software. Holding this phone in the hand is like heaven, the rounded edges and the fact that it's tall and slightly narrow is just awesome. iOS 8 is an awesome new platform and the features are very well implemented, it's a great device to hold use, and show off Apple did a great job with this phone. I am now ready to sell my Galaxy note 3, because having a large screen iPhone is absolutely all the smart phone I need.The battery life is simply phenomenal, at least a day and a half days before it's ready to be charged by being less than 5%. I do not feel that there is an absolute best phone on the market, unless you go strictly going by specs, but the iPhone 6+ is definitely right there at the top of the heap and is a super top-notch device. Best overall experience on a smart phone that I have experienced. I don't even want to get started about how unbelievably awesome the camera is, especially the video camera. The auto editing and auto compression of video files makes the iPhone 6+ the best point shoot in send camera I have ever used. The camera is simply amazing, crystal-clear, Super easy to use, it has no equal

Pros

Cons

• Ios8 is a little buggy, but that is what software updates of for. It's a very powerful software platform with tons of features, that is about 98% stable

darkkjedii alternatives:

warswics posted on Sep 22, 2014, 1:39 PM
Posts: 19; Member since: May 27, 2014

warswics has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Having previously owned the 3gs and 4s, I switched to Galaxy s4 last November. WHAT A MISTAKE that was. Now that the 6+ is out, I couldn't wait to get it. I've only had it since Friday, but so far I'm more than happy with it.

Like others, I also thought this would be too large, but it isn't. It fits well in the hand, and even my wife remarked that she now wants to switch from the 5s to the 6+.

As usual, the build quality is top notch. Unlike other makers out there Apple never cuts corners on the quality of the materials they use, and this is no different.

The camera, while not boasting the best stats, takes unbelievably good pictures. Unlike other makers who use the megapixel to cover up for what is, at the end of the day a substandard camera, Apple produced a camera (and software) that really does take amazing pictures.

The display is top notch, and (unlike my Galaxy s4) is nice and bright even in the daylight. That was a big problem with my now long gone Galaxy s4 and I'm happy to say that I no longer have to put up with that.

So far my battery has lasted significantly longer than the s4. Sad, but I had to replace it twice in less than a year, something I never had to do with previous iPhones. As the ad said, it just works.

Some reviewers have hit on the idea that a weakness is the lack of memory expansion. This, to me, shows how they just don't get it. The future is cloud computing and that future is now. With iTunes share I no longer have to store everything local....

This is a beautiful piece of art.
Perfection.

Pros

• 5.5 display
  • build quality
  • camera opens fast and takes great pictures
  • iOS 8
  • comfortable in the hand

Cons

No Cons

infinitymurano2012 posted on Sep 22, 2014, 9:24 AM
Posts: 26; Member since: Sep 13, 2014

infinitymurano2012 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Definitely best phone I have tried so far. Well done Apple! I particularly like the look and feel of the device and the significantly improved battery life over 5s. Its sharper screen is also a bonus. The internet speed is noticeably higher, its just an awesome phone.

enthasuium posted on Sep 22, 2014, 9:21 AM
Posts: 150; Member since: Nov 21, 2013

Its a Mini version of Ipad mini, nothing else

enthasuium has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am happy that apple got rid of previous design, new design rounded curves feels good in hand. Why i will buy a larger iphone? Coz i like gaming, multimedia. But unfortunately the battery is awful . Have to charge twice a day if you are to watch videos and play games. iOS optimization for battery is pathetic. i dont want a slim phone, all i need a good battery. I recommend this phone to the user who can ready take Powerbank with them. otherwise not.

Unacceptable for a expensive device

enthasuium alternatives:

Salazzi posted on Sep 20, 2014, 10:43 PM
Posts: 537; Member since: Feb 17, 2014

Don't listen to the negative reviews below.

Salazzi has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've noticed a slew of negative reviews such as "another iphone.. blah blah blah". These are written by people who don't even have the device. They're android users and it's laughable how far they go to try and smear Apple and it's devices.

Now, onto my review. Initially I thought that a 5.5" device would be too large. I finally convinced myself to get the 6+ for the larger battery (almost 3000 mah!! which is just about the same as the LG G3 (3,000) and is bigger than the GS5 (2915 vs 2800), bigger screen resolution (1080p), optical image stabilization vs digital in the 4.7" model. I owned the Moto x before, which had a 4.7" screen and it fit so well in the hand.. and it seemed almost an inch bigger and I would have trouble getting my thumb across. To my surprise, the phone fits well in my hand. No issues doing everything one-handed if I so desire. (I'm a 5'10" gentleman, though I'm not sure if same height= same hand size). The thinness aids in fitting it in your hand better, and the 4.7" is even thinner!! You will feel secure and comfortable with these devices, that is for sure.
The build quality hits top marks yet again, though that's become the norm with Apple.
The reception works very well, perhaps better than other "top-tier" devices.
Call quality is very clear, though that's more dependant on your carrier.. I've used Verizon and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile consistently walks all over Verizon in terms of call quality (and data speed, where I've traveled on the east coast)....

Pros

• Camera quality
  • build quality
  • wonderful user interface
  • larger and longer lasting battery
  • bigger mic with clearer audio input
  • bigger speaker grille with better speaker components
  • fits well in hand

Cons

• none so far

Ketchapp posted on Sep 19, 2014, 9:30 AM
Posts: 23; Member since: Sep 04, 2014

Nothing but Plus (iPhone 6+)

Ketchapp has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Sold out in 3 Apple Stores near me, this shut-up-and-take-my-money phone simply screams at the customer with its Premium build and features, including a new 5.5 inch display, new OIS camera feature and a Full HD screen resolution all combined with apple's new mobile Operating System and familiar flat interface. Apple's own twist to many android-borrowed features adds up to an amazing all-around phone, possibly the best on the market to date. The phone's premium features don't quite justify its premium pricetag, but for those willing to shell up to 1000$ for it, there is probably no better phone at this point in time. Only issue not related to the price is the protruding camera, but its a price worth paying for its thinness.

The Space Gray version has and amazing sleek build, a much bigger screen and is overall thinner than its predecessor.
Owned it for a day now, so I cant really judge this parameter. However so far I have not had one single reception problem, be it underground or in rural areas.
Great sound, truly immersive when paired with earbuds. Good noise reduction when used on speakerphone and sufficiently good microphone.
Great on both 4G LTE and 802.1 AC wifi, no browser lag whatsoever, even when loading content rich webpages. Safari is in my opinion currently the best mobile browser.
Video and Music playback apps have the awesome flat iOS 7 style interface, and iTunes makes it just that much easier to downoad, store and sync all your media content.
Best iPhone camera yet, takes really fast and great looking photos, even indoors and in low light conditions. OIS is works perfectly.
iOS 8 is nothing but fast and responsive, with no lag whatsoever, even with various memory hogs open in the background. Subtle improvements to the iOS 7 flat look make it that much more pleasant to use.
The bigger screen makes one hand usage rather hard for people with medium sized hands, but two hand usage is amazing.
Surprisingly accurate text prediction and autocorrection software make writing with both hand a pleasure rather than a chore. 3rd party keyboards were a long-due feature.
Bigger display, minuscule bezel and an increased resolution from last year's model make this screen the best iPhone screen yet.
The battery lasts about 7 hours of heavy usage with auto-brightness, bluetooth and airdrop turned on. The battery consumption charts borrowed from android make it easier to find out what's draining your battery

Pros

• 5.5 inch Display
  • 1080p Screen

Cons

• No Swappable Battery
  • No Insertable MicroSD

Ketchapp alternatives:

Brucekike posted on Jul 26, 2018, 7:58 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 26, 2018

Was ahead of its time

Brucekike has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone is ahead of its time, the build quality is excellent, the camera is decent, very good phone that gets the job done. It charges pretty quickly but the battery goes down fast. The phone is fast, even with 30 apps installed on it.

cbreezy84 posted on Feb 19, 2018, 5:42 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 26, 2013

Apple is on the right track

cbreezy84 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The phone is excellent even today in 2018 it may not have the highest ppi or the best camera but Apple proves that you don’t need high numbers to produce great results the screen to body ratio is not the best but it’s still a good looking phone the battery life is amazing I can easily get over a day with heavy use it just last for so long I love it I’m enjoying this phone even in 2018 I highly recommend it if you can find one for a good price and in good condition

Pros

• Excellent battery life
  • Great design
  • Very easy to use
  • Good software
  • The best App Store

Cons

• Screen to body could be better
  • I’m not a fan of the antenna lines

gkk1751 posted on Feb 12, 2016, 10:41 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 09, 2016

iPhone 6 Plus

gkk1751 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

After having this phone for an entire year, I really can honestly say that I have no real complaints other than it only having 1GB of RAM. And even then, it's not that bad. But it would help a bunch to have a little more for multitasking and such. Other than that, battery life is darn good (with my use I have not been able to kill this device once since I got it a year ago). Overall, you can't go wring with it. Good job Apple.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• only 1GB RAM

4kMAN posted on Jan 31, 2016, 9:54 AM
Posts: 4; Member since: Jan 31, 2016

too good

4kMAN has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

taylor.cano posted on Oct 23, 2015, 3:20 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 23, 2015

GREAT DEVICE

taylor.cano has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about 8 months and it's honestly the best phone I've had! There are a couple of things I do not like about the phone like my phone calls dropping and sometimes the reception is slow, but other than that I like this phone a lot. Before this phone I had the iPhone 5 I wanted to switch to the 6+ because of the bigger screen and the better camera. My battery on this phone lasts along time which is what I like the most about it. I highly recommend this phone to people who like a simple and sleek phone!

hihihi69 posted on Aug 14, 2015, 1:14 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 13, 2015

Not AMAZING

hihihi69 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had an iPhone 6 Plus for about 6 months now but I'm actually not too happy with it. It gets very hot and laggy sometimes and when I took it back to get a new one that one was bad as well. Although this is the case i really love the app store on this thing but that's my only positive because I feel that the Galaxy S6 (which I have ) is better.

S6 looks better
only 8mp
keyboards goes on and off randomly
nothing compared to samsung
personally founnd it better than samsung

hihihi69 alternatives:

ozcni posted on Apr 24, 2015, 8:04 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 24, 2015

its ok but ...

ozcni has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

1.All Iphone's Build quality is great with metal and premium design. $)
2.Reception is ok o-o
3. Call quality is great but it doesnt support video calling :(
4.Internet speed is great but I find the safari a little difficult
5.Multimedia is great W.W
6.Back camera is great dont worry about 8Mp its lens are great but front camera isnt sooo good :/
7.UI speed: IOS is best
8.Everyday usage: battery is so & so but is great and I enjoy it when I use it (:)
9.Text input is easy and emojies are great

Pros

• UI speed

Cons

No Cons

petvas72 posted on Apr 11, 2015, 4:00 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 11, 2015

The best iPhone ever.

petvas72 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is the best iPhone ever created. The battery life is amazing. The display is great and everything just works. The camera is also especially very good. Despite that I am bored of the interface and have switched to the M9. I also believe that the iPhone is not really pretty. Of course build quality is top though.

halkol00 posted on Feb 23, 2015, 8:21 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 23, 2015

Amazing but way to big!

halkol00 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love Apple, and have had iPhone before I recently purchased the 6 Plus. I love almost everything about it. The camera quality, battery life, and the new IOS are amazing and much improved from my old iPhone 5 i had. the only thing i do not like is the size of the 6 Plus. I am only 5 feet tall so the size of the Plus is at times very overwhelming for myself. It is very difficult to use one had to use this phone. Looking back i thought i could get used to it but it has been very hard, if i knew this i would had went with the 6. Other than that i love the new iPhone 6 and would not change anything.

• camera quality
  • IOS system

Cons

• size, way to big for myself