x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

UI speed9.2/10
Multimedia8.9/10
Internet9.2/10

fisher
posted on 29 Jan 2016, 10:35 (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Jan 2016)

best

fisher has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

good phone. had this phone now after a long era with android phones. a little too big to handle, especially when you factor in that all the body you're carrying is just for a 5.5 inch screen, should be 6 inch, in the same body.

pooma
posted on 29 Nov 2015, 11:29 (Posts: 60; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)

awsome

pooma has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

elmtube
posted on 04 May 2015, 14:22 (Posts: 16; Member since: 18 May 2012)

great phablet

elmtube has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Pros

Cons

• screen to body ratio

elmtube alternatives:

sechinov
posted on 27 Mar 2015, 12:54 (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)

good Phablet

sechinov has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

A little bit to get used to the size. It is better to buy a wireless headset for frequent calls. Marriage was an unpleasant experience, was replaced by a new service center. After replacing the problems have arisen. A little upset over low speed UI compared with younger Iphone 6

Pros

Cons

• 1GB RAM
  • deformation of the body

nwright94
posted on 22 Mar 2015, 20:28 (Posts: 194; Member since: 14 Oct 2014)

Best phone I've personally owned

nwright94 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've owned many phones but this one has been the one I've been consistently happy with. It's beautifully designed, if a bit slippery, and does everything I want it to without giving me any drama. The camera is so fast with focus and taking a picture, and the A8 chip blazes through everything. Safari gives me issues either due to needing more optimization or the paltry 1GB of RAM. Other than that, there's no glaring issues.

Build quality 9/10 Feels incredible in the hand except for the slight slippery finish, you'll definitely need a case if you're the slightest bit clumsy.
Reception 8/10 Not the worst, but not as strong signal as previous Nokia's I've owned. In my bedroom I get about 2-3 bars of AT&T LTE where I got a consistent 4 bars in the same place on my Lumia 1020.
Call quality 10/10 The ear speaker sounds great, its almost like there's a noise suppression field within a few millimeters of the earpiece. It sounds clear and the volume is loud without being harsh.
Internet 6/10 Safari is prone to reloading every tab, whether it's not well optimized or due to 1GB of RAM, I'm not sure.
Multimedia 10/10 Great screen for movies, speaker is great although I wish it was a stereo on the front, iTunes and the App Store are hard to beat.
Camera 8/10 Fast, consistent, always focused right, but some more megapixels wouldn't hurt. Definitely notice some fuzziness after my Lumia 1020.
UI speed 10/10 Not a single dropped frame to be found.
Everyday usage 9/10 The size gets in the way occasionally but otherwise its a joy to use everyday.
Text input 7/10 Eh, it's a normal software keyboard. Some haptic feedback would help but it's about as good as any other software keyboard out there.
Display 10/10 Bright, big, beautiful. Can't ask for more.
Battery 9/10 Most of the time I can go 2-3 days without a charge. On heavier days, it will need charging by the end of the day. Charges much faster when plugged into a Mac or iPad AC adapter.

Pros

• Very fast camera
  • Very fast performance
  • Great screen
  • Usually great battery life
  • Beautiful to look at

Cons

• Camera could use more detail
  • Safari is unpredictable

nwright94 alternatives:

mistercarter
posted on 23 Feb 2015, 20:05 (Posts: 360; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)

best phone on the market

mistercarter has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this phone has the best of both worlds, it takes the best of android flagships like great battery life, huge, gorgeous display and great cameras, but add the massive catalogue of quality apps you find on iOS, what else could you ask for?

• display
  • massive catalogue of apps
  • premium design

Cons

• expensive

patrickf3
posted on 11 Feb 2015, 12:24 (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 Feb 2015)

iPhone 6 Plus

patrickf3 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Thee iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone, I've had a couple of iPhones in the past, this being defiantly the best. The phone is very fast and snappy, experiencing almost no hiccups even during strenuous tasks. Even though the display isn't as high resolution as other phones it is very bright and pleasing to the eye. That goes for the camera too, although it is only an 8 megapixel sensor it produces great shots in any lighting, or enviornement. The battery, so far, has been fantastic I can easily get a full day and most of the next out of one charge. I have been very satisfied coming from my last phone, a Samsung Galaxy s4, even though I do miss some things. My real only complaints with this phone has nothing to do with the hardware or performance, it's just that ios doesn't take full advantage of the capability of this phone, also the finish of the metal is slippery. I hope to see in ios 9 new features to take advantage of the larger screen, and add a couple more customization features. Overall the iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone, and it thas been my favorite device to date and I think Apple will be able to improve upon the features to make it an even better experience.

Pros

• Very fast
  • Bright and crisp display
  • Great camera
  • Long lasting battery

Cons

• Ios doesn't take full advantage of the phone
  • Slippery in the hand

TechNeck
posted on 15 Nov 2014, 00:48 (Posts: 280; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)

Ehh,,,

TechNeck has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's decent phone, but the specs are not on par. Most of the specs included in this phone is kind of from the 2012- early 2013 era. So I usually use it at home when I'm studying. I should have expected better from Apple.

Build quality 9/10 The build fine. But it is very slippery without a case.
Reception 10/10 It's fine.
Call quality 10/10 Same as reception
Internet 7/10 My S5 Plus and my Note 4 are faster. It's slow on my WiFi, and it is slows down a bit on LTE
Camera 7/10 It's fine, but I really don't like the iTunes
UI speed 6/10 It lags when I have multiple apps in the background.
Everyday usage 7/10 Everyday use is ok.
Display 1/10 They should have did better with the screens on both the 6 and the 6+.
Battery 3/10 Dies when barley half through the day.

Pros

• Big Screen
  • 1080p Screen
  • Clean UI
  • No Bloatware

Cons

• Lower ppi than I expected.
  • 2013 era specs

TechNeck alternatives:

jakece
posted on 17 Oct 2014, 15:25 (Posts: 6; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)

Iphone 6 Plus Review

jakece has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have owned the Iphone 6 plus for about 2 weeks now and its by far the most amazing phone that i have ever had. Before the Iphone 6 plus i owned the Note 3 & Galaxy S5 and the experience on the Iphone 6 is so much better than Android. Just because Apple didn't increase the megapixel count & gHZ speeds doesn't mean it's not faster than the rest of the smartphones out there. IOS is much more smooth than android. Android seems to be quite buggy sometimes and not organised as much as IOS 8 is.
Apple focuses on the details, & all the features that the iphone 6 plus has work perfectly. As Apple always simplicity is one of their key features. In conclusion, for me the iphone 6 plus is perfect!

Pros

• Superb Design
  • Great Battery Life
  • IOS 8 looks great
  • Amazing Camera

Cons

• Non-Removable Battery
  • Lacks Micro-SD
  • Resolution is not Quad-HD

briankeith513
posted on 13 Oct 2014, 12:44 (Posts: 8; Member since: 12 Apr 2009)

Almost Sheer Perfection

briankeith513 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The all aluminum build quality has been great and looks like you paid money for it. This is refreshing, coming from leading smartphones and phablets that like to use obvious plastic or just a metal frame with obvious plastic.

Also, although its a big phone(as it should be since its a Phablet/5.5" screen), it's one of the thinnest in its class, making it more comfortable to hold and use. The screen is among the best, and looks as good, if not better than its Android counterparts. The user interface is smooth and fast, and intuitive, as iOS always is. It takes great, possibly the best pictures that I've seen from a smartphone. The battery life has been incredible so far.

The only negative thing is that there are currently some bugs, namely the accelerometer not switching orientation like it should, that should be fixed with an upcoming software update.

Pros

• Super thin, Great build Quality, Great screen, great battery, very user friendly ui
  • Beautiful apps, great call quality
  • Fast and smooth user interface,
  • Best smartphone/Phablet that I've ever owned

Cons

• iOS 8 has some bugs that should be fixed soon(accelerometer)

briankeith513 alternatives:

darkkjedii
posted on 02 Oct 2014, 18:57 (Posts: 25042; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)

One sweet device.

darkkjedii has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had my iPhone 6+ since the day it launched, and since the day it launched it is been a very good phone. A few bugs here and there but that is to be expected with the first generation iOS 8 software. Holding this phone in the hand is like heaven, the rounded edges and the fact that it's tall and slightly narrow is just awesome. iOS 8 is an awesome new platform and the features are very well implemented, it's a great device to hold use, and show off Apple did a great job with this phone. I am now ready to sell my Galaxy note 3, because having a large screen iPhone is absolutely all the smart phone I need.The battery life is simply phenomenal, at least a day and a half days before it's ready to be charged by being less than 5%. I do not feel that there is an absolute best phone on the market, unless you go strictly going by specs, but the iPhone 6+ is definitely right there at the top of the heap and is a super top-notch device. Best overall experience on a smart phone that I have experienced. I don't even want to get started about how unbelievably awesome the camera is, especially the video camera. The auto editing and auto compression of video files makes the iPhone 6+ the best point shoot in send camera I have ever used. The camera is simply amazing, crystal-clear, Super easy to use, it has no equal

Pros

Cons

• Ios8 is a little buggy, but that is what software updates of for. It's a very powerful software platform with tons of features, that is about 98% stable

darkkjedii alternatives:

warswics
posted on 22 Sep 2014, 13:39 (Posts: 19; Member since: 27 May 2014)

warswics has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Having previously owned the 3gs and 4s, I switched to Galaxy s4 last November. WHAT A MISTAKE that was. Now that the 6+ is out, I couldn't wait to get it. I've only had it since Friday, but so far I'm more than happy with it.

Like others, I also thought this would be too large, but it isn't. It fits well in the hand, and even my wife remarked that she now wants to switch from the 5s to the 6+.

As usual, the build quality is top notch. Unlike other makers out there Apple never cuts corners on the quality of the materials they use, and this is no different.

The camera, while not boasting the best stats, takes unbelievably good pictures. Unlike other makers who use the megapixel to cover up for what is, at the end of the day a substandard camera, Apple produced a camera (and software) that really does take amazing pictures.

The display is top notch, and (unlike my Galaxy s4) is nice and bright even in the daylight. That was a big problem with my now long gone Galaxy s4 and I'm happy to say that I no longer have to put up with that.

So far my battery has lasted significantly longer than the s4. Sad, but I had to replace it twice in less than a year, something I never had to do with previous iPhones. As the ad said, it just works.

Some reviewers have hit on the idea that a weakness is the lack of memory expansion. This, to me, shows how they just don't get it. The future is cloud computing and that future is now. With iTunes share I no longer have to store everything local....

Build quality 10/10 This is a beautiful piece of art.
Reception 10/10 Perfection.

Pros

• 5.5 display
  • build quality
  • camera opens fast and takes great pictures
  • iOS 8
  • comfortable in the hand

infinitymurano2012
posted on 22 Sep 2014, 09:24 (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Sep 2014)

infinitymurano2012 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Definitely best phone I have tried so far. Well done Apple! I particularly like the look and feel of the device and the significantly improved battery life over 5s. Its sharper screen is also a bonus. The internet speed is noticeably higher, its just an awesome phone.

enthasuium
posted on 22 Sep 2014, 09:21 (Posts: 138; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)

Its a Mini version of Ipad mini, nothing else

enthasuium has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am happy that apple got rid of previous design, new design rounded curves feels good in hand. Why i will buy a larger iphone? Coz i like gaming, multimedia. But unfortunately the battery is awful . Have to charge twice a day if you are to watch videos and play games. iOS optimization for battery is pathetic. i dont want a slim phone, all i need a good battery. I recommend this phone to the user who can ready take Powerbank with them. otherwise not.

Battery 5/10 Unacceptable for a expensive device

enthasuium alternatives:

Salazzi
posted on 20 Sep 2014, 22:43 (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)

Don't listen to the negative reviews below.

Salazzi has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've noticed a slew of negative reviews such as "another iphone.. blah blah blah". These are written by people who don't even have the device. They're android users and it's laughable how far they go to try and smear Apple and it's devices.

Now, onto my review. Initially I thought that a 5.5" device would be too large. I finally convinced myself to get the 6+ for the larger battery (almost 3000 mah!! which is just about the same as the LG G3 (3,000) and is bigger than the GS5 (2915 vs 2800), bigger screen resolution (1080p), optical image stabilization vs digital in the 4.7" model. I owned the Moto x before, which had a 4.7" screen and it fit so well in the hand.. and it seemed almost an inch bigger and I would have trouble getting my thumb across. To my surprise, the phone fits well in my hand. No issues doing everything one-handed if I so desire. (I'm a 5'10" gentleman, though I'm not sure if same height= same hand size). The thinness aids in fitting it in your hand better, and the 4.7" is even thinner!! You will feel secure and comfortable with these devices, that is for sure.
The build quality hits top marks yet again, though that's become the norm with Apple.
The reception works very well, perhaps better than other "top-tier" devices.
Call quality is very clear, though that's more dependant on your carrier.. I've used Verizon and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile consistently walks all over Verizon in terms of call quality (and data speed, where I've traveled on the east coast)....

Pros

• Camera quality
  • build quality
  • wonderful user interface
  • larger and longer lasting battery
  • bigger mic with clearer audio input
  • bigger speaker grille with better speaker components
  • fits well in hand

Cons

• none so far

Ketchapp
posted on 19 Sep 2014, 09:30 (Posts: 23; Member since: 04 Sep 2014)

Nothing but Plus (iPhone 6+)

Ketchapp has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Sold out in 3 Apple Stores near me, this shut-up-and-take-my-money phone simply screams at the customer with its Premium build and features, including a new 5.5 inch display, new OIS camera feature and a Full HD screen resolution all combined with apple's new mobile Operating System and familiar flat interface. Apple's own twist to many android-borrowed features adds up to an amazing all-around phone, possibly the best on the market to date. The phone's premium features don't quite justify its premium pricetag, but for those willing to shell up to 1000$ for it, there is probably no better phone at this point in time. Only issue not related to the price is the protruding camera, but its a price worth paying for its thinness.

Build quality 10/10 The Space Gray version has and amazing sleek build, a much bigger screen and is overall thinner than its predecessor.
Reception 9/10 Owned it for a day now, so I cant really judge this parameter. However so far I have not had one single reception problem, be it underground or in rural areas.
Call quality 9/10 Great sound, truly immersive when paired with earbuds. Good noise reduction when used on speakerphone and sufficiently good microphone.
Internet 10/10 Great on both 4G LTE and 802.1 AC wifi, no browser lag whatsoever, even when loading content rich webpages. Safari is in my opinion currently the best mobile browser.
Multimedia 10/10 Video and Music playback apps have the awesome flat iOS 7 style interface, and iTunes makes it just that much easier to downoad, store and sync all your media content.
Camera 9/10 Best iPhone camera yet, takes really fast and great looking photos, even indoors and in low light conditions. OIS is works perfectly.
UI speed 10/10 iOS 8 is nothing but fast and responsive, with no lag whatsoever, even with various memory hogs open in the background. Subtle improvements to the iOS 7 flat look make it that much more pleasant to use.
Everyday usage 10/10 The bigger screen makes one hand usage rather hard for people with medium sized hands, but two hand usage is amazing.
Text input 10/10 Surprisingly accurate text prediction and autocorrection software make writing with both hand a pleasure rather than a chore. 3rd party keyboards were a long-due feature.
Display 9/10 Bigger display, minuscule bezel and an increased resolution from last year's model make this screen the best iPhone screen yet.
Battery 9/10 The battery lasts about 7 hours of heavy usage with auto-brightness, bluetooth and airdrop turned on. The battery consumption charts borrowed from android make it easier to find out what's draining your battery

Pros

• 5.5 inch Display
  • 1080p Screen

Cons

• No Swappable Battery
  • No Insertable MicroSD

Ketchapp alternatives:

gkk1751
posted on 12 Feb 2016, 22:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Feb 2016)

iPhone 6 Plus

gkk1751 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

After having this phone for an entire year, I really can honestly say that I have no real complaints other than it only having 1GB of RAM. And even then, it's not that bad. But it would help a bunch to have a little more for multitasking and such. Other than that, battery life is darn good (with my use I have not been able to kill this device once since I got it a year ago). Overall, you can't go wring with it. Good job Apple.

Pros

Cons

• only 1GB RAM

4kMAN
posted on 31 Jan 2016, 09:54 (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Jan 2016)

too good

4kMAN has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

taylor.cano
posted on 23 Oct 2015, 15:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Oct 2015)

GREAT DEVICE

taylor.cano has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about 8 months and it's honestly the best phone I've had! There are a couple of things I do not like about the phone like my phone calls dropping and sometimes the reception is slow, but other than that I like this phone a lot. Before this phone I had the iPhone 5 I wanted to switch to the 6+ because of the bigger screen and the better camera. My battery on this phone lasts along time which is what I like the most about it. I highly recommend this phone to people who like a simple and sleek phone!

hihihi69
posted on 14 Aug 2015, 01:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Aug 2015)

Not AMAZING

hihihi69 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had an iPhone 6 Plus for about 6 months now but I'm actually not too happy with it. It gets very hot and laggy sometimes and when I took it back to get a new one that one was bad as well. Although this is the case i really love the app store on this thing but that's my only positive because I feel that the Galaxy S6 (which I have ) is better.

Build quality 7/10 S6 looks better
Camera 4/10 only 8mp
Text input 3/10 keyboards goes on and off randomly
Display 2/10 nothing compared to samsung
Battery 8/10 personally founnd it better than samsung

hihihi69 alternatives:

ozcni
posted on 24 Apr 2015, 08:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Mar 2015)

its ok but ...

ozcni has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

1.All Iphone's Build quality is great with metal and premium design. $)
2.Reception is ok o-o
3. Call quality is great but it doesnt support video calling :(
4.Internet speed is great but I find the safari a little difficult
5.Multimedia is great W.W
6.Back camera is great dont worry about 8Mp its lens are great but front camera isnt sooo good :/
7.UI speed: IOS is best
8.Everyday usage: battery is so & so but is great and I enjoy it when I use it (:)
9.Text input is easy and emojies are great

Pros

• UI speed

petvas72
posted on 11 Apr 2015, 16:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Apr 2015)

The best iPhone ever.

petvas72 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is the best iPhone ever created. The battery life is amazing. The display is great and everything just works. The camera is also especially very good. Despite that I am bored of the interface and have switched to the M9. I also believe that the iPhone is not really pretty. Of course build quality is top though.

halkol00
posted on 23 Feb 2015, 20:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Feb 2015)

Amazing but way to big!

halkol00 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love Apple, and have had iPhone before I recently purchased the 6 Plus. I love almost everything about it. The camera quality, battery life, and the new IOS are amazing and much improved from my old iPhone 5 i had. the only thing i do not like is the size of the 6 Plus. I am only 5 feet tall so the size of the Plus is at times very overwhelming for myself. It is very difficult to use one had to use this phone. Looking back i thought i could get used to it but it has been very hard, if i knew this i would had went with the 6. Other than that i love the new iPhone 6 and would not change anything.

• camera quality
  • IOS system

Cons

• size, way to big for myself

muhammad.usman
posted on 18 Jan 2015, 12:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Dec 2014)

Best of the best...!!! beats the rest..!!!

muhammad.usman has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

one of the most beautiful and high performance smartphone. using touch ID for the 1st time.. its one of the best things of iphone. also used swiping touch on note 4 but its not impressive. overall enjoying, 64 GB GOLD version of IPHONE-6. just 2 things for APPLE, kindly improve battery timing and make sure your upcoming models must be affordable.
It must have cme with 32 GB version.

Build quality 9/10 premium quality, beauty and metallic body.
Internet 9/10 high pperformance, social websites run swiftly
Multimedia 8/10 little access to multimedia
Camera 9/10 8 MP but beats 13 MP of other companies
UI speed 8/10 decreases a bit with passage of time
Text input 9/10 very swift and easy to use
Battery 6/10 a bit disappointe but rechaegs fastly

Pros

• slim and beautifull
  • its iphone

• must come with 32GB version

junsid
posted on 15 Jan 2015, 03:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)

Worst mobile OS i used ever....

junsid has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Worst Mobile (iphone 6) i used ever...

Dear Friends.. I am really sharing my views after experienced iphone 6 plus. Before i have used Android OS phones (Samsung, hTc, Xiaomi, Sony) but i am really very surprised that now in front of Android OS, how a company can design a foolish and full of bugs Mobile OS like ios (iphone).

Apple was a good image in my mind until i did not use Apple product but now i am trying my level best to sell out my iphone 6 plus because that was my biggest mistake when i bought iphone and switched on ios from Android.

i am sure that nothing is better than Android and now i never ever even think to use apple product in my life.

iphone 6 is only a garbage.....

dont waste your money to buy iphone..
its better to charity that amount.

New and Refurbished