These were the top selling used Android phones of 2017
Which was the best-selling used Android phone of 2017?
It's hard to tell as tracking used phones is a tough task, but Swappa - one of the most popular user-to-user services for selling and purchasing gently used tech in the US - has released its data for 2017, and you can see some interesting trends.
For starters, the top 10 of the most-traded used Android phones of 2017 consists of devices made by just two brands: Samsung and Google.
7 out of 10 are Samsung phones, the rest were made by Google
If you ever doubted Samsung's dominant hold on the US Android market, take a look at the list below, with 7 out of the 10 best selling Android phones in 2017:
- Samsung Galaxy S7 with an average price of $309
- Samsung Galaxy S6 with an average price of $199
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with an average price of $368
- Samsung Galaxy S5 with an average price of $104
- Google Pixel XL with an average price of $586
- Nexus 6P with an average price of $293
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus with an average price of $615
- Samsung Galaxy S8 with an average price of $550
- Google Pixel with an average price of $495
- Galaxy Note 8 with an average price of $726
Swappa does not say exactly how many phones in total it helped people sell and buy in 2017, but does mention "hundreds of thousands", so this really sounds like a big enough sample size.
Meanwhile, would you consider buying a used phone? You could save a lot of money, but there is a certain amount of risk to it.