Sony Xperia GX officially announced, the new Sony flagship has 13MP "stacked" sensor and no front buttons
Sony Mobile Communications unveils Xperia GX and Xperia SX – the first Sony LTE smartphones for the Japanese market09 May 2012
- Powerful performance and ultra-fast network speed combined with easy connectivity and premium entertainment experiences
- Xperia GX features a 4.6” HD screen and 13MP camera for ultra real viewing experiences
- Xperia SX is the world’s lightest LTE smartphone weighing only 95 grams
9 May, London, United Kingdom - Sony Mobile Communications today announced two new Xperia™ Android smartphones designed specifically for the Japanese market. Xperia GX and Xperia SX join the popular Xperia NX and Xperia acro HD, currently among the best selling smartphones in Japan. Both Xperia GX and Xperia SX enable easy connectivity with multiple screens to share and enjoy content on whichever screen best suits the situation, whether it’s TV, smartphone, laptop or tablet.
Xperia LTE smartphones for Japan
The first Sony branded smartphones to launch in Japan Xperia GX and Xperia SX are LTE enabled with download speeds of up to 75mbps. They come with 1.5GHz dual core processors for faster performance and Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for razor sharp clarity, full HD video and Sony Exmor R™ for mobile, enabling the capture of high quality, bright pictures and HD videos even in low light. With HD sharing through DLNA, and HDMI, controlling the smartphone with the TV remote control when connected to the TV, Xperia GX also deliver a full HD experience on the big screen.
New media applications
Bringing the best of Sony technology and premium entertainment experiences, Xperia GX and Xperia SX also introduce three new media applications:
- The “WALKMAN” application integrates signature high quality audio technologies such as clear stereo, clear bass, VPT surround sound, manual equalizer and xLOUD™ with new innovative ways to play, discover and recommend music.
- The “Album” application brings new intuitive ways to sort and browse high quality photos and videos in blazing speed, as well as providing instant viewing, commenting and sharing of photos on Facebook and other online albums, leveraging the great camera capabilities of Xperia GX and Xperia SX.
- The “Movies” application streamlines the playback and viewing of movies in high quality audio and video with intelligent database search to discover more info about the movie for a rich and immersive experience.
Xperia GX – capture ultra real memories in high definition
Xperia GX boasts a 4.6” HD resolution screen for superior viewing. With a 13MP camera and full HD video recording, Xperia GX enables consumers to capture unforgettable moments in the highest quality, wherever they are. Building on the design success of Xperia arc, Xperia GX incorporates a matte texture and slimline body which fits perfectly into the consumer’s palm or pocket.
Key features for Xperia GX
- 4.6” Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine for razor-sharp clarity.
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor for faster performance.
- 16GB internal flash storage.
- 13MP camera with Sony Exmor R for mobile, HD video recording, and Sony technology to take 3D panoramic images.
- Launching on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Available in white and black.