Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Review and more coverage
But let's get to that gamepad, shall we? When we take into account this is a PlayStation-style gamepad, with its trigger keys and analog pads, carrying the iconic PS action buttons, it is not hard to deduce that the first specialized Android gaming handset will have its fair share of admirers, regardless that it's lacking a dual-core chipset. The crazy Xperia PLAY commercials, which include stitching opposing thumbs to little green robots, partially make up for it.
We coral our coverage of the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY with this article, to make you a one-stop shop for everything related to this unorthodox handset. From old PlayStation titles, through classic game emulator play, to titles written specifically for the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY, we are listing it all, right here:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Review - we leave no stone unturned in the quest to discover the merits and drawbacks of the first dedicated gaming phone in the camp of the green robot
- Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY for Verizon Unboxing - taking the wraps off a new device is a big part of the ritual, so peek what's inside the retail package
- Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Design Overview - we explore the unique design of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, with a special focus on the physical gamepad
- Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY benchmark results don't break any new ground (video) - we test the graphical prowess of the Qualcomm MSM8255chipset with Adreno 205 graphics onthe Xperia PLAY
- Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY gaming software demo - an overview of the gaming apps preloaded on the Xperia Play, that make the handset unique
- Gameplay demo with the preloaded titles on the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY - a niche gaming handset does not mean much without its games, and we explore every last one that comes preloaded on the device
- Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY old school emulator game demo - we answer the question on everyone's mind - "Can I play classic game titles with the emulators in Android Market on the Xperia Play, and how do I map the keys to the gamepad?"