Root-free Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard available for Android 2.2 and higher16
Using the Ice Cream Sandwich source code that was released a few weeks ago, a user on XDA Developers, named for.digit, has ported the Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard over. The keyboard is available for free and does not require the device to be rooted.
- Multitouch keyboard
- User dictionary, built-in dictionary
- Configurable auto correction
- Redesigned and optimized keyboard layout and style
- Speech to text (select languages only)
- Custom vibration intensity (haptic feedback)
- Long press "Enter" key to bring up smiley alternatives
- Long press on "/" key in URL mode to bring up domains
The developer cautions that it is in beta therefore some bugs are expected. While it currently has mostly good reviews, a number of users with HTC devices are reporting issues with the keyboard.
Ice Cream Sandwich Keyboard [Android Market link]
source: XDA Developers via Android and Me