STAY TUNED!
Google Pixel 5 event | Here's how to watch and what to expect
0 d
00: 00: 00

Poll results: Sony announces new flagship model with a dual-core CPU: Is it a mistake?

Poll results: Sony announces new flagship model with a dual-core CPU: Is it a mistake?
Last week Sony announced its newest range of smartphones, and as always, the top model got the most attention. The Sony Xperia T impressed with a lot of things, its good-looking design being among them, but we couldn't miss one small detail that made us wonder if Sony has done the right choice - the Xperia T's dual-core processor.

Of course, it's a Snapdragon S4 Krait chipset, which is perfectly comparable to the quad-core solutions out there, but you know how it is - a lot of users are choosing their smartphones based on their specs sheets. So we asked you if it was a good decision on Sony's part to use a dual-core chipset for its newest top-model, especially when other competitive offerings sport quad-cores.

Well, it turns out most of you don't consider this a big problem for Sony and its Xperia T. 61.19% of all voters seem to think that the Xperia T will be just fine on the market with its two cores, but still, the other 38.81%, who have said that this was indeed a bad decision, are also a sizable group that shouldn't be ignored.

At the end of the day, the dual-core CPU probably won't be a deal-breaker for the Sony's latest flagship, but it will take much more than a strong CPU for the Xperia T to establish itself as a leading smartphone on the market.We'll see if it has all the necessary ingredients when the phone launches later this year!

Did Sony make a mistake by not going for quad-core in the Xperia T?

I don't think the dual-core CPU will hurt its sales that much.
61.19%
Definitely. Specs sell in the wireless industry.
38.81%

Related phones

Xperia T
  • Display 4.5 inches
    1280 x 720 pixels
  • Camera 13 MP (Single camera)
    1.3 MP front
  • Hardware Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus
    1GB RAM
  • Storage 16GB, microSDHC
  • Battery 1850 mAh
  • OS Android 4.3

FEATURED VIDEO

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.
FCC OKs Cingular's purchase of AT&T Wireless