Leaked OnePlus 6T box hints at the end design and specs sheet
Oppo R17 Pro here may indeed be the design/specs inspiration for the OnePlus 6T
The kneejerk notch copycat reaction of Chinese phone makers is gradually being replaced by inventive ways to shrink it or dispose of it altogether by using sliding mechanisms to fit the cameras. Oppo, for instance, announced the R17 not long ago, with one of the most minimalistic, "waterdrop" style notches around, and the first phone with Corning's Gorilla Glass 6. It also released the Pro version, with the same tiny notch and in-display finger scanner, but a triple-camera setup on the back with 3D-sensing technology.
Why on the rear camera? Well, the tech is different than the 3D structured light face-reading kits on the front of phones like the iPhone X or Find X. Vivo recently announced that its 3D-sensing camera is ready for mass production, and employs 300,000 sensors, 10 times the number used on structured light systems like Apple's TrueDepth Camera. ToF 3D Sensing is also smaller and is more flexible making it easier to place inside a smartphone.
- 6.4" OLED display with waterdrop notch and 1080x2340 resolution
- Snapdragon 845 chipset with 8GB RAM/128GB storage combo
- 12MP main camera with variable f/1.5-f/2.4 aperture + 20MP secondary camera + TOF 3D stereo camera
- 25MP front camera sensor with AI enhancements
- A 2x1850mAh section battery with 50W Dash Charge (40% in 10 minutes)