Nokia Lumia 1520 camera can capture raw DNG images
What are raw .DNG files and why do they matter? Now in photography RAW is an umbrella term for uncompressed images that usually professional photographers use for best results with editing. The other big advantage coming with DNG files usually storing original sensor information with unaltered color saturation and white balance. We have reached out to Nokia to confirm whether the DNG images from the Lumias will indeed store unaltered original sensor info.
Now, Nokia’s camera guru Juha Alakarhu broke the news that both the Lumia 1020 and Lumia 1520 will be able to capture images in DNG, great for those who plan on doing some more fine-tuning and editing post-capture, isn’t it?
source: Juha Alakarhu
- Display 6.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 20 MP / 1.2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core, 2200 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3400 mAh(25.1h 3G talk time)
Posts: 3718; Member since: Nov 03, 2012
posted on Oct 22, 2013, 7:09 AM 6
Posts: 5993; Member since: Dec 22, 2010
posted on Oct 22, 2013, 7:15 AM 9
posted on Oct 22, 2013, 7:23 AM 0
Posts: 892; Member since: Dec 05, 2012
posted on Oct 22, 2013, 9:29 AM 1
Posts: 49; Member since: Aug 06, 2013
posted on Oct 22, 2013, 10:08 AM 4
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):