New OnePlus 3/3T Open Beta rolls out: parallel apps, double finger slide support, and other features introduced
Despite not being the latest OnePlus models out on the market anymore, the OnePlus 3
continue to receive updates that fix issues and/or introduce new software features on a regular basis.
Today, new Open Beta patches have been made available for the two 2016 high-end models. The updates carry different names (OxygenOS Open Beta 21 for the OP 3 and 21 for the OP 3T), but the changes included are basically identical. Still, there's a lot of new stuff on board, so let's take a look at the entire patch log:
1. New addition:
- Parallel apps - Introducing the all new parallel apps feature that lets you run a parallel version of the same app using a separate account, now supports Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Instagram and many other popular apps.
a. Updated to Launcher V2.1.5 ：
- Optimized home screen folder icon, with a preview look of first 4 icons in the folder
- Redesigned UI for folders, allowing switch between folders by swiping left or right
- Added double finger slide support, you can now slide the home screen with one finger while using another to hold an item
b. Updated to Gallery V1.8
- Supports light theme
- Supports opening RAW format images
c. Updated Filemanager to V1.7.1
- Long pressing search items now shows edit operations
4. Bug Fixes：
- Merged call history from the same number
- Fixed increased battery consumption after connecting to a Bluetooth device
The update will arrive OTA (over the air) on any OnePlus 3
and 3T phones that have an Open Beta already installed. Otherwise, you'll have to flash it manually.
If you'd like to know how to flash your device, feel free to check out the official instructions provided by the manufacturer, the links to which can be found below.