More than 100 Motorola employees drop their Moto Z2 Force at the same time to show off ShatterShield
Motorola shook up the mobile world in 2015 when it introduced a shatter-proof screen for the Motorola DROID Turbo 2. The ShatterShield technology was refined and subsequently deployed on Motorola's next two flagship models, the Moto Z Force and the Moto Z2 Force. With its multi-layered approach, and the use of P-OLED instead of glass, the ShatterShield display is designed to survive a fall of five-feet or less without cracking or breaking.
With the ShatterShield display, the biggest fear that phone owners have is gone. Because the screen is plastic though, it is more sensitive to scratches as many Moto Z2 Force owners have recently discovered. Still, the layer that is prone to scratches can be replaced, although it will cost a bit of money. For example, the replacement layer costs $30 for the Moto Z Force. By the way, the five layers that make up the ShatterShield include:
- Layer 1: Scratch-resistant replaceable lens.
- Layer 2: Primary polycarbonate lens.
- Layer 3: ShatterShield touch sensor.
- Layer 4: Flexible OLED display.
- Layer 5: High strength aluminum core.
To show off the ShatterShield screen, Motorola recently rounded up more than 100 employees from its Chicago office and took them outside where all of them dropped their phones at the same time. Apparently, not one display cracked. Check it out by clicking on the video at the top of the story!
2560 x 1440 pixels
12 MP (Dual camera)
5 MP front
- Hardware Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM
- Storage 64GB, microSDXC
- Battery 2730 mAh
Android 9.0 Pie
Posts: 370; Member since: Oct 10, 2016
posted on Aug 28, 2017, 3:52 PM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):