No, the iPhone X wasn't first to market with a notch, but neither was the Essential Phone (poll results)
Yesterday, we asked if you know which notch-y phone was first to make it to the markets worldwide, and, yes, the question included smaller-than-iPhone-X notches that only house the selfie camera, or the camera and earpiece. About 64% of our 3634 respondents said it was the Essential Phone's notch protrusion that goes around the front cam that was released to the public first.
Do you know which was the first phone with a notch?
Posts: 787; Member since: Jun 04, 2014
posted on Jun 08, 2018, 11:38 AM 4
Posts: 1156; Member since: Feb 05, 2018
posted on Jun 08, 2018, 7:08 AM 0
posted on Jun 08, 2018, 5:18 AM 6
Posts: 4429; Member since: Nov 01, 2016
posted on Jun 08, 2018, 5:01 AM 4
Posts: 1409; Member since: Oct 24, 2016
posted on Jun 08, 2018, 9:00 AM 2
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):