Eighth grade student's Apple iPhone bursts into flames while in her pocket

Eighth grade Student's Apple iPhone bursts into flames while in her pocket
Anyone who doubts that the Apple iPhone is still a hot item need only to read this story. This morning, an eighth grader at Kennebunk Middle School in Maine, was walking in the hallway of the school when things got a little warm for her. Apparently, the unnamed student's iPhone burst into flames while still in her pocket. Luckily, she had the presence of mind to "stop, drop and roll", and that maneuver might have prevented her from receiving more serious injuries.

The student still ended up with minor burns and was transported to Southern Maine Medical Center where she was treated and released. Even though she was cleared to return to school, officials there decided to allow her to take the rest of the day off to recover. While no other students were in danger of getting injured, the rest of the student body were told to stay put until the situation was resolved, which it was after 20 minutes.

Back in November 2011, we told you about an iPhone unit that started smoking on a regional flight in Australia, which might have been the result of a problem with the battery on the device. As for today's incident, so far there is no explanation for why the handset burst into flames.

source: PressHerald via BGR

Recommended Stories

Loading Comments...
FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless