Android P Developer Preview 3 now available for the OnePlus 6
We all know that this is the first year that Google has allowed certain non Google-related Android handsets to load beta versions of the next Android build, which in this case is Android P. Previously, only Pixel
or Nexus devices were able to install Developer Previews. One of the handsets that can load up the beta is the OnePlus 6
, and owners of the latest OnePlus model are now able to flash Android P Developer Preview 3 to their handsets.
There are a number of caveats; this is not an OTA update and you will need to flash the software to your OnePlus 6
. The directions to do this are found by clicking on the sourcelink. If you have never done this before, there is a risk that you will brick your phone. Please heed this warning from OnePlus: "As it is still in an early stage of development, we do not recommend flashing this ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own risk!"
In addition, as OnePlus was so kind to point out, this is not a stable version of the next Android build. If you're not deterred yet, before starting the flashing process, make sure that your battery is charged to at least 30%, and that there is at least 3GB of available storage on your phone.
The changelist for Android P Developer Preview 3 includes:
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.7
- Updated Google Mobile Services
- Improved system stability
- Fixed issue with hotspot functionality
- Improved image quality
- Fixed issue with watermark option functionality
- Third-Party Apps
- Improved camera functionality with third-party apps
- Fixed compatibility issues with certain third-party apps
Other known Issues System
- System stability and power consumption issues
- Compatibility issues with Bluetooth connectivity
- Third-Party Apps
- Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer preview release
To flash the beta, click on the sourcelink directly below.