Analyst: Apple will not release a new 4-inch iPhone this year

Analyst: Apple will not release a new 4-inch iPhone this year
In a note to investors on Wednesday, Chi Kuo - one of the most respected Apple analysts on the globe - said that he doesn't expect Apple to release a new 4-inch iPhone this year. Instead of releasing a new small-screened iPhone in 2015, the analyst believes that Apple will continue offering the iPhone 5s at a lower price while discontinuing the iPhone 5c by the end of this year. As with all rumors, make sure to digest this information with the proverbial grain of salt.

If Kuo turns out to be accurate in his predictions, then Apple will offer the iPhone 5s for free with a two-year carrier agreement, much like the iPhone 5c is being offered right now. Speaking of the plastic-built iPhone 5c, the smartphone is expected to be discontinued by the end of 2015, probably starting this fall, when Apple is expected to launch new 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhones. Looking into the future, Kuo believes that Apple will launch a new 4-inch iPhone in 2016, one that will come with Apple Pay capabilities. The iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c currently lack the mobile payment feature, as neither of these smartphones comes with an NFC chip.

Previous rumors suggested that Apple will release a new 4-inch smartphone called the iPhone 6c model this year. According to these rumors, the iPhone 6c will maintain the hardware specifications of the iPhone 5s, but all packaged inside a plastic build. With the 2015 Apple iPhone rumor season just getting started, be prepared to hear of more predictions, rumors, and leaks in the upcoming months.


source: AppleInsider

FEATURED VIDEO

12 Comments

1. lallolu

Posts: 733; Member since: Sep 18, 2012

It makes sense.

8. TechieXP1969

Posts: 14967; Member since: Sep 25, 2013

Really? How so?

3. mmdkhdm

Posts: 15; Member since: Apr 23, 2015

Why they should do that ?! If anyone wants a 4-inch phone can gets iPhone 5s... iPhone 5s is powerful ass the iPhone 6 If they do this next year,that could be very well But this year they don't need to do this.

11. Sauce5 unregistered

Which is why they aren't, this year, supposedly. Don't you read?

13. mmdkhdm

Posts: 15; Member since: Apr 23, 2015

I cant read all of the post Bcos Iam not very good in reading English. Sorry.

14. Sauce5 unregistered

My bad man :) Sorry about that

15. darkkjedii

Posts: 31328; Member since: Feb 05, 2011

Now that's class. +1

4. SamsungPhanboy

Posts: 765; Member since: Mar 31, 2015

Good. It would probably be crappy anyway.

6. gaming64 unregistered

There's still the 5s and even if the phone is 2 years old now, it still can measure up to 2015 standards.

9. TechieXP1969

Posts: 14967; Member since: Sep 25, 2013

Really? Because the iPhone 6 has the exact same internals as the 5S and it is getting killed by phones like the S5 and Note 4. You really think 2012 hardware can best 2014 hardware? Well it doesn't. Tests have shown that to be so. The Galaxy S5 and even the Moto X and even older Nexus devices blow the socks of the 5S. How is the 6 any better when it has the EXACT SAME HARDWARE

12. AmirBudi

Posts: 88; Member since: Mar 21, 2014

iPhone 6 has better CPU & GPU than iPhone 5S

10. darkkjedii

Posts: 31328; Member since: Feb 05, 2011

Gaming64, buy what you want, use, and enjoy it. 99% of people buy these phones for their personal wants/needs, to get them thru their day, keep in touch with family/friends, and handle their biz. Tthey could care less about hardware vs experience. The other 1% is techiexp, supernova, samsungphanboy, and majerk. Enjoy your tech bro.

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.