Acer Predator 8 GT-810 tablet enters the scene: made for gamers13
The Acer Predator 8 GT-810 tablet enters the scene and it's a monstrous little machine tailor-made for gamers: it all starts with the Alien-like design, but it's not just about the visuals, as the slate features four front-facing speakers that provide virtual surround sound and there is tactile feedback via Predator TacSense tech for more immersive gameplay.
So what is this Acer Predator 8 GT-810 all about? Let's first take a quick look at its spec highlights:
- Android 5.1 Lollipop-powered
- 8-inch display with a 1920 x 1200-pixel resolution (zero air gap, IPS, with Predator ColorBlast tech for 100% NTSC color gamut)
- Intel Atom x7 processor with Intel HD Graphics (Gen 8 LP)
- 2x2 MIMO wireless technology, 802.11a/b/g/n wireless
- 8.7mm thin, 350 grams light
- 64GB of internal storage, support for microSD cards of up to 128GB
Naturally, this tablet makes good use of the strong position that Acer is holding with gamers. The Acer Predator tablet comes preloaded with Asphalt 8, one of our favorite racing games, and with 320,000 game credits (which amount to some $50 value).
It is the combination of the vivid display, front quad Dolby Audio Predator Quadio speakers and the vibration feedback that makes this tablet stand out for gamers.
Acer Predator price and release date
Good news is that this new Acer Predator 8 GT-810 tablet will in fact be available in North America for a full retail price of $300. The release date is set for November 6th when the slate will go on sale exclusively at NewEgg for 2 weeks, with wider availability after that. Price in Europe is set at €349, while in China it will cost ¥2499.