According to you, Samsung's Galaxy S6 outdoes the LG G4 in terms of design, display, UI, and camera

According to you, Samsung's Galaxy S6 outdoes the LG G4 in terms of design, display, UI, and camera
A week ago, we asked you to vote for the better phone: the Samsung Galaxy S6 or LG G4. We wanted you to share your opinion on a number of categories and which one handles each better, including design, display, UI, and camera. The results are now in, and we've gathered exactly 8,116 votes.

The verdict is clear: most people prefer the Galaxy S6 to the G4, with an overall 59.1% to 40.9% split in votes, respectively. Digging further, we find that our audience is most confident in Samsung's flagship's Super AMOLED, which garnered the approval of 71.6% of the voters, leaving just 28.4% who preferred the IPS LCD panel on the LG G4. The Galaxy S6 has also managed to win the hearts of many with its new, glass-on-metal design language, managing 58.74% of the votes in the Design section, leaving the leather-clad G4 with the remaining 41.26%. The closest calls came down to UI (53.53% vs 46.47%) and camera (53.07% vs 46.93%).

Here's the proof:


Related phones

G4
  • Display 5.5" 1440 x 2560 pixels
  • Camera 16 MP / 8 MP front
  • Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 808, Hexa-core, 1800 MHz
  • Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
  • Battery 3000 mAh(18.5h talk time)
Galaxy S6
  • Display 5.1" 1440 x 2560 pixels
  • Camera 16 MP / 5 MP front
  • Processor Samsung Exynos 7 Octa, Octa-core, 2100 MHz
  • Storage 128 GB
  • Battery 2550 mAh(23h 3G talk time)

FEATURED VIDEO

34 Comments

1. shaineql

Posts: 522; Member since: Apr 28, 2014

Because it is like that. Votes represent kida real situation 10% better camera all around 110% better display. And other 2 are subjective , but with theming on S6 it makes interface XXXXX times better.

22. QWERTYphone

Posts: 654; Member since: Sep 22, 2014

Function over Form for intelligent people. Samsung: NO REMOVABLE BATTERY = FAIL NO SD = FAIL LG G4 = WIN......it just needs a fingerprint scanner.

2. hafini_27

Posts: 949; Member since: Oct 31, 2013

Gotta agree on this one.

3. legiloca

Posts: 1676; Member since: Nov 11, 2014

Long story short, the G4 is just a step below to the S6.. And that isn't a bad thing

33. LGisgood

Posts: 833; Member since: Jun 23, 2012

i owned these two phones and for the camera g4 is way better in all scinarios indoor night and day, outdoor night and day. also the battery life on g4 is a bit better than on my s6 edge.

4. Af1rPA

Posts: 712; Member since: Jun 12, 2014

I DEMAND A RECOUNT! How can you hate on that leather back. Gawd I can't stand the touchwiz homescreen. I hate those Sammy icons so much. What wrong with you people!

5. fyahking

Posts: 1146; Member since: Jan 28, 2015

You can aways add a new launcher.lol

10. Shocky unregistered

Or download the stock Android theme from their theme store.

13. shuaibhere

Posts: 1986; Member since: Jul 07, 2012

Or download material theme from Theme store...Try doing that in G4..

18. jmonteiro829

Posts: 261; Member since: Feb 13, 2012

Oh No... OMG>... Material Theme in the Store!!! Oh wait... this is Android we are talking about. You do realize that you can have that with a different launcher right.. this isn't an iPhone!

27. iushnt

Posts: 3105; Member since: Feb 06, 2013

Theme store on s6 is much more than just a launcher theming, its system wide.. Someday, you might realize

6. kent-gaga

Posts: 609; Member since: Apr 10, 2012

idk but there's something wrong with you for sure

9. razraptre

Posts: 168; Member since: Oct 21, 2014

I love the Lumia range but the world hates it, doesn't mean anyone is "wrong".

7. msaeed90

Posts: 14; Member since: Aug 14, 2014

The camera poll was flawed in that most pictures were of outdoor situtaion and only one was of low light , Knowing that G4 surpasses in lowlight and indoor

8. -Shadow-

Posts: 95; Member since: Mar 26, 2013

Most pictures in real life are outdoor/stronglight. But i do agree that G4 might have a slight edge in overall camera performance.

11. Shocky unregistered

They should have taken a lot more images for the comparison, but not necessarily all low light shots. A mixture would have been better, outdoors, indoors, low light, HDR and macros.

12. BaffledTruffle

Posts: 523; Member since: Dec 07, 2013

I think the testing is actually quite realistic. The G4 will absolutely murder the S6 if you use Manual in lowlight, but a.) You won't always have time for that, b.) not everyone knows how to use it / willing to learn how to use it. If used as point-and-shoot at lowlight the G4's performance is just a little notch above the S6.

16. Macready

Posts: 1821; Member since: Dec 08, 2014

In fact, if you go through the trouble of going full manual mode, you might as well enable RAW shooting (3rd party app) on the S6 too, which fully equalizes the playing field again.

21. Shocky unregistered

True enough, easy enough to get these feature with other camera apps.

30. LGisgood

Posts: 833; Member since: Jun 23, 2012

g4 is also better in AUTO Indoor shots.

23. sgtdisturbed47

Posts: 966; Member since: Feb 02, 2012

How often do people take photos in crappy lighting? Those that don't know how to take photos will do this, but generally most make sure there's enough light to allow a faster shutter speed to avoid blur. Either way, none of the smartphone cameras take truly usable, noise-free low light photos.

28. LGisgood

Posts: 833; Member since: Jun 23, 2012

correct. if they would make more camera comparison on all categeries outdoor day and night, indoor with light and without light. im sure LG G4 is the king!

14. bugsbunny00

Posts: 2264; Member since: Jun 07, 2013

all i know is the lg g4 camera is 2x better then s6.

15. Zack_2014

Posts: 677; Member since: Mar 25, 2014

BullC##p LG is better, useless LG fanboys flocking around and posting their bias opinons. Here the results itself prove everything, there's no need to give ur bias comments to prove LG is better bcuz its not gonna work. And why focussing on manual mode? Is auto mode so inferior that it gets blown out by the s6?

19. jmonteiro829

Posts: 261; Member since: Feb 13, 2012

Good thing this poll is official huh! SMH. The sample group and everything were strictly controlled?

29. LGisgood

Posts: 833; Member since: Jun 23, 2012

you don't need to base on this poll its is a fact that more samsung s6/s6 edges users than lg g4 users. the results of this poll is not a surprising! i tell you im using these both and g4 has better camera in overall including indoor with or without lights.

17. bustervic

Posts: 26; Member since: Feb 13, 2012

Wonder what percentage in the poll have actually used both...10%, maybe 20% at best.

24. ideal_josh

Posts: 34; Member since: Nov 26, 2012

2% .

20. fanboy1974

Posts: 1345; Member since: Nov 12, 2011

It's probably more like 90% to 10% in real life in favor of Samsung.

25. oozz009

Posts: 520; Member since: Jun 22, 2015

I'm sure most voted for Samsung simply because Samsung is a more popular company. Happens all the time:D

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.