AT&T and Harman team up to launch the Spark, an advanced connected car device5
The rate plans offered with the Harman Spark start at $5 per month and don't include Wi-Fi. Customers who want Wi-Fi can choose plans that are standalone or additions to eligible Unlimited and Mobile Share plans. Moreover, those who buy a Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ or Note 9, will be able to get the Spark for just $29.99. This specific deal is available until November 3.
According to AT&T, Harman Spark works with most 1996 car models and newer. The device adds diagnostics, security, tracking and LTE data to a compatible car, but new features can be added automatically. Here are some of the features offered by Harman's new dongle:
- Emergency Crash Assistance – Contacts you in the event of a crash to see if you need help.
- Virtual Mechanic – Helps ensure your safety by alerting you if your car needs attention and provides guidance on what to do.
- WatchIt – Lets you know if your car is bumped, towed or moved when you’re not around. Helps authorities locate it if stolen.
- Roadside Assistance Manager – Drop a pin on your location and request help 24/7. Pay through the Spark app and you’ll be back on the road in no time.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – Connect up to 8 devices from the open road and keep the family happy and entertained while streaming videos and playing games.
- Geofences – Peace of mind for when your loved ones hit the road. Set boundaries on a map and view their location.
- Family share/Fleet manager – Get location of family and business vehicles and monitor vehicle health.
- Parking Reservations – No more circling and looking for a parking spot. Save time and hassles by reserving a space in advance. Pay in the Spark app.
- Driving score and tips – Driving feedback and trip analysis for whoever is behind the wheel. Helps your teen become a safer and smarter driver.
The Harman Spark will be available at AT&T retail stores and online later this week, but make sure your car is compatible with the dongle before placing an order.