Samsung SPH-M300 User Reviews

InstinctDemon
posted on 09 Aug 2010, 17:34 (Posts: 74; Member since: 09 Nov 2009)

Back To Sprint with this Phone my 8th Phone

Well after that whole debacle with AT&T, I decided to go with Sprint, though I had them before, I needed a carrier, Verizon didn't have any phones I liked, I don't like T-Mobile, Sprint Here I come, this phone was free when I opened my account, though it's no Slivr, but one thing I noticed was I had way better reception with Sprint that with AT&T! at the time I lived in Buckeye, AZ and I noticed my reception on my slvr sucked, but when I got with Sprint, the reception was a whole lot better!This sturdy little mofo did its job, I still have this phone today I got this in '07, this will be a good thing to have escpecially since I was eyeing the Instinct that just came out!  See my review on the Instinct S30

Pros

• Better reception signal than AT&T

Cons

• miss my slvr

posted on 08 May 2009, 16:17

pretty good free phone

I got this phone for free almost three years ago (it was an upgrade phone)  and it still works very well considering what i have put it through....constant drops from the roof of the car as i was loading things in and set it on top, drops walking around, drops into puddles (no toilet swimming, thankfully!).  It's fallen down 2 flights of stairs numerous times and i am not quite sure what kinds of fun things my toddler has done with it when she wandered off with it...its been slammed shut a lot and once she stepped on it while it was open-it miraculously did not break.  The only real complaints are ones from rough wear brought on by me and time....the keys are not as sensitive as they used to be, due to constant texting and talking, and the charging port on the side sometimes doesn't register that I have put the charger it...it takes a little wiggling and then it's good to go.  Sometimes the battery life does seem to taper off but I am not sure if it's just that I am not realizing how much I used it at the time since it is not a constant problem.  My contract is up next month and I am excited to get a completely new phone so that I can get a better camera on it ; )  This one isn't the greatest but I have taken a LOT of adorable photos with it. It's been super durable and a great phone for someone who doesn't use a bunch of apps or use it rather than a digital camera for pix.

Pros

• super durable
  • very small and easily fits in purse, pocket or diaper bag

Cons

• slow camera speed so pictures are tricky but not impossible

Mitizzy
posted on 11 Feb 2009, 16:28

Good Entry Phone

This was the first phone I ever bought.  It has withstood 22 months of severe wear and tear and works well enought, which is why next month I am staying with my trusty samsungs and getting myself a rant.
This is one seriously durable phone.  I'm over 6 foot so the drops my phone takes can be nasty, and being a teen its hard to keep it sheltered.  Its gotten wet, been tossed 10 feet down a staircase, and been used ro sent thousands upon thousands of texts and all I can complain about is the loss of feedback and responsiveness after almost 20 months.  The phone's most used keys start to lost some of their sensitivity and will sometimes become had to activate, but usually these phases pass. My friend had dropped hers ion water 5 times and uses it ti crush Ice into coke cans.  Hers lasted longer than mine.  It seems to enjoy a beating, but dont try it out. IF you drop it in water, take out the battery, blow dry the inside of the phone for a little, and let it sit without the battery, abttery cover open for 24 hours.  It'll work.
Texting is nice.  The T9 input is terrible if you don't use it right away, so I reccomend getting used to Alpha.  There is no video camera but thats fine becuase its just a phone!  What do you want from a tiny litttle 3 year old device. For its age and build this little thing is wonderful.
The battery does go daed quickly, so if you call profusely take 2 batteries with you, texters should...

Pros

• Indestructible (almost)
  • Fine camera for a phone
  • nice and light
  • small
  • Voice dialing
  • take pics while flipped down

Cons

• No video (minor complaint)
  • All games last 6 months and are all Demos
  • Key insensitvity after a while
  • screens do scratch after 2 yeras in jeans

kaneroxs
posted on 06 Nov 2008, 00:01 (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Oct 2008)

Vid cam?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I got this phone 200 bucks prepaid no vid cam as it says in the specs.
Quite good phone strong i like the vanishing outside screen i also love the mirror design my bat lasts about 3 days got goood reception its on telecom

Pros

• Good screens
  • Vanishing outside screen
  • Mirror gloss finish
  • Easy menus
  • allright camara

Cons

• No vidcam like it said
  • Sometimes freezes

posted on 06 Oct 2008, 13:45

It works....sometimes.

After my last phone took a nosedive into a puddle, I was left with one of two options: Get a cheap phone at Sprint the next day or take my chances searching through Craigslist and eBay and being without a phone for a while. I went with the cheap phone at Sprint.

I had hoped to replace my phone with the SPH-M300's predecessor, which was the phone I had before or maybe something slightly classier such as the Katana, but when I walked into the Sprint store this was the new arrival that had replaced my old phone. So I got it for a little less than $100. That was probably the last time the phone consistantly was not causing someone problems.
First, the charging port was on the side, rather than on the bottom. This made it nearly impossible to talk while charging the phone. The charging port is also very delicate. Mine, just over a year after purchase, stopped working completely. Thankfully, my waterlogged Samsung of the past took the same battery, so I use it as a surrogate charger. When the charger is in it feels flimsy.
Construction of the phone is a plus. It's very solid. I'm rough on phones. I can't count how many times this has been dropped or knocked off the nightstand in the morning. The glossy face on the outside of the clamshell it quite impressively durable too. I never case my phone and it took nearly 2 months before I started to notice scratches. However, it does smudge easily, so you'll want to keep a tissue to clean it, if that sort of thing bothers you. I...

Pros

• Lightweight, solid body. Vibrant display with intuitive menus.

Cons

• Flimsy charging port on the side. Number buttons are too close together. Dedicated camera button is placed poorly. Poor camera, battery life and talk quality. Bluetooth severely limited.

Roman
posted on 02 Jul 2008, 12:02

It's Okay For Reasons.

Hello i have had this phone for one year already and it has been and okay year. The phone takes great pictures outside, not as well inside, the texting on it is fast but hella slow when esing t9. The bluetooth is fine, but the speaker phone it good but not for load places. Both screens can have picture on them, but they use the same light so it you check what time it ison the the out side the screen on the inside turn on, but you can control the light's of the keys. The size of the screen is okay, but could be better. I get fantastic signal, and yet i have not been in a dead spot, i have also never had a problem with the phone. Also this phone is durbale, i have droped it on grass, dirt, asfault, and rock, and it thakes the hit make the scrach, but it's did not die. it's a great phone it you want a good phone with out too many luxurios features!

dan
posted on 26 May 2008, 18:12

5.2

dan

This is a pretty bad phone. I got it a week ago and am already ready to take it back. It gets terrible reception, has a horrible battery life, and is terrible for texting, because it always lags and freezes up, i found even to type out a text message it takes about twice as long as other phones ive used. Furthermore, the buttons are to close together, and its very hard to press the right button sometimes. I wouldnt recommend it to most.

customer
posted on 13 Feb 2008, 15:17

samsung

this phone wasnt the best sprint has. the battery will die with average use. there is a major lag. like when you are texting you will have wait for the phone to catch up with you. it also freezes often texting

if you are a texter i wuodl not recommend this phone. although if it is for simple use. get it. it is good for the money

Votre Nom Ici
posted on 28 Jan 2008, 15:27

6.6

My 2 cents .....

I got this phone in Feb 2007.
I like it but there doesn't seem to be a SIM card that is accessible.
I have a SIM card reader but can't use it with this phone.
I like the phone but the lack of a removable SIM card represents the worst in being locked down to a service (sprint) by your phone.
The blue tooth will not allow communication to a computer, only to a headset.
If you want to do any communicating at all with this phone, sprint wants to charge you or make you pay a month service fee.
In keeping with the way cell providers encourage users to change providers, I will be shopping the other providers when my contract is up.

nea
posted on 24 Dec 2007, 17:16

5.6

its cool

i got this phone about three weeks agao its a cool little phone it works just fine it just a basic phone i havent had any problems yet

Mike Larsen
posted on 29 Nov 2007, 12:27

5.4

Sprint customer

This is the worst cell phone I've had. Be sure to bring your charger with you at all times, even without making calls and in the sprint area, the battery goes dead in a day. Sprint says its working fine.

Kim Jeffery
posted on 17 Oct 2007, 18:42

4.4

Alright for a free phone

I got this phone two weeks ago and it is going back, the battery on this phone is very poor I have to carry my charger with me just in case. I should known better than getting a free phone, you get what you pay for. Now if you need just a basic phone this is the phone for you, but not for me.