Samsung SGH-Z720 User Reviews

jari
posted on 11 Oct 2007, 16:01

1.8

toy

battery life is from the bottom..., iis crime to promise 300 hours if true is 24 hours...nice toy - nothing else

Sumsung
posted on 26 Jul 2007, 10:57

3.4

VERY BAD PHONE

I bought this phone 2 month ago. But always this phone disconect automaticaly when coming calls, only 2-3 ring toons after. I have brought to service centre 3 times since 2 month.
After repire also no meaning.
My friend also same problem sometiime.
Service centre said to me, this is 3G system problem, do not use and conect to 3G system, this instruction is something wrong, this is 3.5G phone you know?
I think do not better this phone.

Spino
posted on 09 Jun 2007, 11:54

Nice but...

It's a very nice gadget... but... battery life is very, VERY poor and the back heats when you use it

There is no way to get java games nor apps through the USB cable, and mobile companies, as always, change the firmware to make it look the way they want, in other words: making it ugly and not so performing

When vibration is activated it first vibrates and then plays the ringtone... huge disadvantage if someone just wants to say "hey! I'm back home" with just a single ring.

I'm still wondering why many of the D900 features have been ripped in this new device, such as uMenu, the camera flash, amount of internal memory (20MB vs. 60MB)

ah!... one last thing: don't rely on samsung features sheets; it can handle a microSD up to 2GB big (not the non-sense 512 maximum microSD allocatable memory samsung says it's got)... and you can use MP3 message alerts by playing them in the media player > options > set as... ;)

joey
posted on 31 May 2007, 14:19

Help

Hi, I got the phone five days ago and I seem to have a problem with the battery. It doesn't last for 24 hours. The features are great but the battery life is the problem... Please help...

guy guata
posted on 04 Apr 2007, 11:16

wow!

hello! the phone is very good.
his a beautifull desgin and many mamory inside.
sound quality very good, Monophone speaker and ultra slim.
i have some phone and this is the bast phone.

RATRACE
posted on 13 Mar 2007, 00:36

alright phone. worth getting

i am using this phone right now cuz my nokia N80 dropped into the water. the phone is a good sub but it doesnt replace my N80. it's abit difficult to get use too, since i was using nokia. i might be a bit biased cuz i really love my N80. one of my favourite phones ever, and i have used alot of phones. however, one thing i really like about this phone and not the N80 is the size. it's extremely compact and thin. i love this bit.

overall the phone is worth getting. not too expensive either.

Nick
posted on 06 Feb 2007, 00:26

help

i think this phone is great except Some one needs to tell everyone when it comes out to america ive been trying to find out forever. so post an opinion back on this saying when it does that would be awesome

Chris Wood
posted on 31 Jan 2007, 05:18

Slim phone with all the advantages of 3G

I got this phone the other day on Vodafone UK.

So far I'm very impressed, although I do have a few minor gripes.

My girlfriend has a Samsung D900 which I really liked, so when I saw there was a 3G version of that phone I jumped at the chance to get it. Unfortunately there are a few minor differences to the D900 which let the phone down slightly:

1. It's slightly bigger and quite a lot heavier. Don't get me wrong though, it's still slimmer and lighter than all of the Nokia 3G phones in the same price bracket that I've seen.

2. There's no flash on the camera. I guess this is to make room for the useless second camera for video calling.

3. It has a Vodafone specific menu system installed instead of the default Samsung that comes on the D900. Personally I prefer the look and layout of the Samsung version.

On the plus side the screen is great, the media player functionality is excellent and the memory can easily be expanded via a microSD card (I picked up a 1GB card for ~£13).

Full internet browsing over 3G is not only possible but actually very useful using the built in browser or a free third party browser such as Opera Mini. The high resolution of the screen really helps in this respect.

The UI is responsive and doesn't suffer from slow-down which I have experienced in the past with feature-rich mobiles from the likes of Sony-Ericson.

All-in-all I would definitely recommend this phone to other users who like the idea of 3G but have been put off by the large size of the...

g
posted on 31 Dec 2006, 12:22

jim

Lowest SAR ever. 0.10 for head and body. I don't think i'm going to buy another phone for a long time. That's my main concern but if you prefer gadgets...go ahead