x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Display9.5/10
Text input9.5/10
Everyday usage9.3/10

ithehappy
posted on 01 Feb 2016, 17:10 (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)

Best phone I have used so far

ithehappy has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I came to this phone after selling Moto X 2013. At first it was slightly hard for me to come back to TouchWiz after using Vanilla android, but got settled down in short time.

The thing which absolutely made me loved this phone is its display, it is just fantastic. I have never seen a display this nice, and I use the Movie/Cinema mode, and for me the colour calibration was more than okay. The display just shines, its awesome. Next thing obviously is the S Pen and the overall integration of it to the apps like S Note etc. God knows how many times I took down a phone no. or an address when I couldn't find my pen, that was a life saver. Then the call quality and reception, both were very good. And for a phone of 5.7 inches I would say it was compact enough. The audio output was good too. And then there was the IR blaster. And then there was the battery life, which was really good, especially on Lollipop. 4-5 hours or SOT was very much achievable, and this was after I used the phone for almost a year, and it was charged twice a day almost every now and then. Day to day tasks were more than fine, there was slight hiccups here and there, blame TouchWiz for that. But I really liked the 5.0 release of Samsung. The ONLY thing which was a little less-right was the software experience, vanilla android is still better, but TW has changed dramatically, and its improving even now. And the camera lacked OIS, and I didn't like that, but for day time shots it was good.

This was probably my 33rd...

Display 8/10 Stunning display for phone of 2013.

Pros

• Display. Battery. Call Quality and Reception. Build. IR Blaster. Temperature sensor. And S Pen.

Cons

• TW is still not stock Android. Camera lacks OIS.

radex
posted on 24 Jan 2015, 14:58 (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 May 2014)

Great device fails in what it is good at !!!

radex has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been living with my sm-n900 note 3 ( thats the octa core version ) for almost 3 months and the device is almost perfect , but ... there is always a but ... , I am having few problems with the screen itself , the purple smearing/shadowing when the pixels go from black to another color is really annoying , sometimes when I watch movies with fast movement in dark scenes black just becomes purple , another big issue is that my screen is divided into 3 thirds the lower third of the screen is the ( yellowest ) then the middle third of the screen is less yellow and the upper third of the screen is the least ( yellow ) , what I mean that the screen has three different color temperatures !! although this is not visible unless it is completely dark around , still it is annoying xD

Call quality 10/10 just perfect I can speak in very noisy environment without any difficulties in hearing or being heard .
Internet 10/10 big screen , fast processor , lots of RAM
Multimedia 9/10 just lacks stereo speakers
Camera 9/10 very good but no longer the best out there
Text input 10/10 huge buttons easy to press
Display 8/10 I'd give it 10 at day and 6 at night for purple smearing and the white lines

Ahmadovich
posted on 24 Sep 2014, 22:07 (Posts: 43; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)

BEAST is simply too small to describe such phone!

Ahmadovich has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Upgraded from a two-year-old S III and yeah a whole new experience! Bought my S III on exactly 29/10/2012 and my Note 3 on 28/8/2014.

Simply, Buy it and you won't regret it.

Build quality 9/10 The textured back is impressive. Though I would want a metal included in this device. The Note 4 fixes that though.
Reception 10/10 In the middle of my country's countryside I have experienced at least 2 signal bars, which is quite amazing! LTE was no use for me though.
Call quality 10/10 The ear piece is loud, crisp and lack noise what so ever. It's loud enough that I had to turn it down to 2 minimum!
Internet 10/10 DAT big display is what makes me enjoy Internet!
Multimedia 10/10 Haha! I have the 32 GB version and a 32 GB microSD card slot, which I will probably upgrade to the 64 GB one soon. That's enough. USB 3.0 oh how much I love you! Samsung knows really what they are doing here. I have never understood how damn much USB 3.0 was useful until I bought my Note 3. The data transfer speed on this thing is spectacular!
Camera 10/10 It's an amazing camera! So much options and DAT 1080p @60fps is my most used feature.
UI speed 10/10 TouchWiz emm TouchWiz. TouchWiz is practically fine. Even though I hate its launcher so I grabbed Nova Launcher Prime and it has been magnificent since then. So many options and features that it took me a whole 2 to 3 hours to know them. I rooted my phone though and uninstalled the bloatware. This phone never lags or stutters if you used a launcher other than Sammy's one.
Everyday usage 10/10 What? :D Are you kidding me! It's 100% buy for any person, who don't find large screens problematic.
Text input 10/10 No comment. It's just DAT massive screen that makes it incro-yable.
Display 10/10 I tried once to notice pixels, but nah I couldn't. Text look damn crisp. I was worried if I may cut my finger while using it because of such sharpness. :D
Battery 10/10 "This thing kicks ass! All day, Everyday" MKBHD You can charge it from 0% to 100% in just one hour with the included charging cable (USB 3.0) and included charger. Plus it would be challenging to make this beast last only one day. I charge it every two days myself.

Pros

• Display is simply enough
  • ALL DAY Battery
  • USB 3.0 is WICKEDLY fast!
  • Textured back is business-looking and sexy!
  • Speaker is not that loud, but pleasingly clean
  • Camera's video recording is quite impressive
  • microSD card slot
  • Physical home button
  • S Pen! :0
  • 3 sexy Gigs of RAM

Cons

• Non metal frame (fixed in Note 4 though)
  • Questionable Android L update

ihavenoname
posted on 29 Aug 2014, 02:51 (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)

Great phablet, not perfect though.

ihavenoname has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Very nice phone. Has been very reliable and durable (no case needed), display is awesome, software is gimmicky, bloated and sometimes very ugly, but there are some very nice features as well. Camera, awesome. Performance, very good, SD800 and 3GB of RAM are bit muffled by TW, but you can't really notice it irl. Can't really complain, I've really enjoyed it, but mainly because of software, I'm leaving it at some point.

Build quality 9/10 Durable, light, feels quite good, for Samsung device very solid.
Reception 10/10 No complaints.
Call quality 9/10 Sounds as it should sound.
Internet 10/10 Excellent browser (Chrome), display and performance.
Multimedia 9/10 Speaker gets the job done, great display again.
Camera 9/10 Excellent. Brilliant. Awesome. Only gripe is lack of OIS.
UI speed 8/10 Touchwiz does lag sometimes, even with high-end specs like this. I recommend 3rd party launcher (Nova, Apex etc.). Otherwise, no complaints. Games, browsing are fluid and fast and multitasking is a joy, but stock UI is not for me.
Everyday usage 9/10 Touchwiz is the reason for -1. But I've transformed mine close to Vanilla, so I'm satisfied.
Text input 10/10 Stock one is ok, I use Google Keyboard. Big screen, again.
Display 9/10 Very good, not perfect but much better than average.
Battery 10/10 Try to kill this beast in one day ;)

Pros

• All

Cons

• Except Touchwiz.

ihavenoname alternatives:

liftmeup
posted on 04 Jun 2014, 02:28 (Posts: 29; Member since: 17 May 2014)

love of my (android) life

liftmeup has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My priorities when buying a phone are always: speed, battery and screensize. This beast has exactly what I am looking for. As soon as I turned it on (which lasted exactly 14 seconds) I fell in love with this beautiful phone.
A big stunning screen, a brutally fast processor, nice camera, tons of features, works perfectly on kitkat and apex launcher, battery life is extraordinary (no problem going out with 20-30% left..), etc.
There is no perfect phone out there, but this one is very close to being one.
The call quality is the only thing that could have been done better, as the people you're talking to often can't hear you that well, but ok..
But everything else is just awesome, I can only recommend it to everyone who has no problem with carrying around a huge phone.

Pros

• speed
  • screen
  • s-pen
  • elegant look
  • multi-tasking
  • whole experience

Cons

• call quality

AdrianUniq
posted on 12 Jul 2015, 12:42 (Posts: 21; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)

Note 3

AdrianUniq has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Note 3 is definetlly the best Samsung smartphone now. Even better then S5. I could not compare it to an iPhone, HTC One or other phones. NOTE 3 is the most practical, bussines-like, fast and cool smartphone.

I dislike the samsung apps that could not be deletet !!!

Build quality 9/10 Build quality is best, but the only thing I didn't like is the chip aluminium bottom => It get scratched fast and it looks not so good, but you didn't care to much about it, because It's just at the bottom and it's a kind of darks side.
Call quality 8/10 Call quality is good, but when loaderspeaker is on it is not so good.
Camera 9/10 Camera is excellent, I tooked some photos and it feels like with a pro-camera. The bad thing is that in low-light it is not more than good.
Everyday usage 10/10 9. Because there is no camera icon on lock screen after newest updates !!!
Display 10/10 Dispaly is A+. No cons here. Bright and clean.
Battery 10/10 14-16 hours in normal use with power-saving. About 12 hours in normal use. If playing games and videos it can hold 6-7 hours.

Pros

• Camera A+ ( like pro in enought light )
  • Display A+
  • Battery A
  • Fast

Cons

• Camera B ( in low-light)
  • Bottom Aluminuium-like plastic

Immolate
posted on 13 May 2014, 15:42 (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)

Still the finest large smart phone you can buy

Immolate has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had the original Note on AT&T followed by the Note 2 on Verizon and now the Note 3, also on Verizon. I'm over fifty, and my eyes are weaker than they once were, so I appreciate the bright, big screen. The N3 feels smaller and lighter than it should in the hand. It's fast of course, and stat-tacular, but every new flagship can claim that quality. What really makes this a prize is the mammoth screen. It's beautiful, bright, lovely to behold. More, the N3 is built around that screen, with it's multi-tasking, split screen and stylus. TouchWiz, which started out an ugly duckling, has become something of a swan through brute force evolution. The battery life, as I'm sure you've heard, is fantastic. I often find myself seven hours into work with four or five percent of the battery used. I don't use my phone much when I'm working, but think about that. Overall, the finest mobile phone I've owned, and I've owned a bunch.

Pros

• Screen!!!
  • Battery!!!

Cons

• No OIS

phichart
posted on 03 May 2014, 02:09 (Posts: 286; Member since: 03 May 2014)

Best of the best

phichart has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have galaxy note 3 for more than 6 months already. I love my note 3 but I want more battery life and better speaker! Galaxy note 3 is awesome and very nice camera. Now waiting for galaxy note 4. I wish Samsung galaxy note 4 is waterproof!

Pros

• Best of the best

Cons

• I want better Speaker
  • 4000 Mah will be awesome

iTechies
posted on 04 Mar 2014, 11:40 (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)

A game changer

iTechies has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

note 3 is still the best phone out there today! and even the G2/G2 pro is still nothing compared to this phone! it has tons of features especially the s pen which gives you experience more than just a phone!

Pros

• Big screen that gives you a crisp display!
  • S pen that makes your note 3 more than just a phone!
  • 3GB of RAM so it can handle many apps one at a time.(multitasking)
  • 2.3Ghz quad-core is way too fast
  • wireless charging support
  • air command is pretty nice!
  • ultra-fast browsing experience
  • leather like back design.
  • light weight device

Cons

• sometimes, it bothers me because i have to use two hands because its too big i guess
  • dont fit in my pocket
  • unrivaled
  • sometimes its dangerous to take it outside because of thieves that can snatch this huge phone easily
  • battery is not tht good.

iTechies alternatives:

seefo21
posted on 01 Mar 2014, 17:04 (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)

great phone

seefo21 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It's a fabulous phone. Great big screen, large memory, large RAM, a good camera, reasonable weight, great battery ، quick response, fast Internet and attractive shape ................... AND That's why I love Samsung

TasHsn
posted on 13 Feb 2014, 07:43 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)

This phone is the epitome of awesomeness.

TasHsn has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Bought myself one last month. And I have to say, comparatively, this phone is the best among its competitors, although not perfect ( which no smartphone is). I can't say I had a pretty god time with Sammy and TouchWiz before, being a former owner of a Galaxy S2, but this Note 3 just blew my mind away.

Build quality 7/10 Design is pretty much elegant, but the buttons and the glossy sides sometimes feel ... unappealing. Very.
Internet 9/10 I think it might just be my unit, but almost every day, I experience a crash while heavy browsing, even if once. Might be a bug.
Multimedia 10/10 Big and vibrant screen. Hell it deserves 10/10 in this department.
Camera 8/10 I'd thought they'd go with 20MP camera. Hence, a bit disappointed, although th 13MP doesn't fail to shoot amazing photos at all.
UI speed 7/10 Even with so much power in it, there are a few significant lags which range from 3-5 seconds. ToushWiz is still too heavy?
Everyday usage 9/10 I find the S-Pen and its features pretty useful.
Text input 9/10 With that big screen, typing is like a breeze. I kinda hate the keyboard though.
Battery 9/10 The battery is pretty impressive, but I actually expected the battery capacity to be 3500mAh+ , given the bigger screen compared to the Note 2 (I am a heavy user). The battery is removable though, which is always a plus.

Pros

• Bigger, brighter FHD screen
  • Slimmer, lighter and compact
  • Faux-leather backing

Cons

TasHsn alternatives:

anthonio360
posted on 22 Jan 2014, 10:33 (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 May 2011)

An Over rated device

anthonio360 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The Samsung Galaxy note 3 (SM-N900) is just an over rated device not a smartphone I will say, I think it all boils down to Samsung U.I the so called touch wiz its actually a poor U.I making the look and feel of every samsung phone look kiddish compared to the premium look of the HTC ONE sense 5, the Samsung Note 3 got lots of bugs and the battery life is of this device is absolutely miserable for a 2013 flagship phone. Camera looks fake like a photo shop, the qhd amoled isn't sharp,a lot of features which doesn't either function properly or probably useless. It goes on & on.......

Build quality 10/10 The build of the device is sleek,light and well designed
Reception 8/10 Has no problem with reception so far but hold up a sec it sometimes takes a little while for the Internet service to come on
Call quality 8/10 Call quality is same to a 2010 flagship phone no major improvement
Internet 9/10 I'll give it a 9 because of the screen size,it actually got a 5.7" so surfing the internet is always fun
Multimedia 9/10 pretty ok
Camera 5/10 looks over saturated
UI speed 4/10 Not encouraging for a 3gig ram device and over a million core processor
Everyday usage 5/10 Battery life sucks, so it actually affects the daily usage
Text input 9/10 the oem keyboard is pretty responsive and nice to type with
Display 7/10 Very Very poor display with the so called touch wiz and amoled display
Battery 7/10 Battery really sucks

Pros

• Big screen 5.7
  • memory card slot,up to 64 gig
  • Light weight
  • great design
  • removable battery
  • Nice keyboard

Cons

• Poor battery life
  • Poor U.I ( touch wiz)
  • slow
  • lots of bugs and bloatware

NationGuettaTR
posted on 21 Jan 2014, 06:21 (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)

User Experince of GN3 N9000 a.k.a Octa-Core version

NationGuettaTR has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

A mini and important things on SGN3 N9000 a.k.a SM-N900. This version has True Octa-Core chip with ARMbigLITTLE technology. Also it's first phone to have Octa-Core processor (Galaxy S4 released in week it also have Octa-Core processor I9500 model) with heterogenous working.

Pros

• 5.7" FHD AMOLED Screen
  • built-in 32 Gb Storage
  • 3 Gb DDR3 RAM (2.8 Gb usable)
  • New S-Pen
  • New Air Commands
  • Latest Android version (4.4.2)
  • 1080p @60 fps video recording
  • 5th Generation Wi-Fi (ac)

masterchina
posted on 04 Jan 2014, 23:18 (Posts: 55; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)

Bugga is mean!

masterchina has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Dis phone is da bestest yet. I've just recently upgraded from my s3 and I love it! It's crazy fast no
lag, for me I can go 2 days without charging. The S pen is awesome. Only gripe is the speaker is a little weak. Great phone!

Pros

Cons

• Weak speaker.

phillyundead
posted on 30 Jul 2014, 00:42 (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Dec 2013)

Awesome phone

phillyundead has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had the Note 3 since December and it still rocks! I recently bought the LG G3 and the Note still blows it away. I love getting 2 days on the battery and how fast it charges. The G3 dies very fast and charges slow. This is still the ultimate phablet. Still holding its ground after all the next generation phones came out. The Note series is future proof!

Build quality 10/10 The faux leather backing makes it easy to grip. I prefer it over metal or glass easily.
Reception 10/10 This varies by carrier but with T-Mobile i have great reception and no issues.
Call quality 10/10 Clear and the way it should be.
Internet 10/10 Fantastic for the internet obviously. I love using this versus a tablet. Tablets are too big for me. At that point I'd rather use a computer.
Multimedia 10/10 Great for music and after coming from the Xperia Z, this has a great speaker. Love watching videos on it!
Camera 10/10 Great camera! Taking videos is amazing too. No distortion at all with sound and very clear.
UI speed 9/10 It's touch Wiz guys. Its still very very fast.
Everyday usage 10/10 I'm use to the screen size. Was having typos a lot but now i'm alright. Fits fine in my pockets.
Text input 10/10 You get use to it in a day or two.
Display 10/10 Not the greatest screen but certainly awesome. I'd have a different opinion if i didn't have an Xperia before this.
Battery 10/10 Amazing battery life. Lasts me two days usually.

Pros

• great screen size
  • fast
  • tons of memory and expandable SD slot
  • SPEN!
  • android 4.4
  • cool features like the swipe to screencap
  • loud speaker
  • charges faster than any phone I've seen
  • incredible battery life

Cons

• stock email app (not gmail) force closes constantly and freezes the phone.

phillyundead alternatives:

king1000
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 23:09 (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)

The beast has unleashed

king1000 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got the White Lte unlocked sm-n9005 galaxy note 3 and it is just a beast in every category.The snapdragon 800 runs very fast and i dont know what people are talking about when they experience lag and i dont definetly see any
.The 1080p amoled screen is very good for everything. The spen is very good at what it does.Also it is almost unrivaled by multitasking.(Btw i am the same person as alaw.14)

Pros

• Very fast
  • Excellent 1080p screen
  • Beast at multitasking
  • spen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 and adreno 330
  • Good gaming experience

Cons

• is almost unrivaled

king1000 alternatives:

c.hack
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 20:09 (Posts: 613; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)

Big disappointment

c.hack has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Very disappointing oversized phone. Nothing new here except more gimmicks from Samsung. They still haven't realized that their UI slows down their phones and refuse to give users a choice to use pure Android. Same old Note - Samsung fails to give us any innovation, just an extra few tenths of an inch.

The phone is too big to use comfortably as a phone and too small to be a useful tablet. It also feels very cheap for a fairly expensive device.

A much better choice would be the Nexus 5 - faster, pure Android, and will get timely updates.

This one's a dud.

Build quality 6/10 Typical cheap Samsung construction
Reception 5/10 Mediocre reception
Call quality 5/10 Earpiece is ok, but constant complaints from other end that they can't hear me. Could be the mediocre radio too.
Internet 6/10 Big screen for browsing, but the Chrome browser is underwhelming.
Multimedia 5/10 Good for watching videos, but poor choice for audio.
Camera 4/10 Over processed photos and poor low light performance.
UI speed 2/10 Considering it has super fast quad core, it's amazing how much it stutters. I blame the Samsung's Touchwiz.
Everyday usage 3/10 Very clumsy to use as a phone, and too small to be a good tablet. I was very disappointed.
Text input 6/10 Good keyboard considering, but you would expect that with the large size. Nothing innovative.
Display 5/10 Good size, but poor quality. It's over saturated and washes out easily outdoors.
Battery 6/10 Good battery, but you would eect that for its size.

Pros

• Big screen

Cons

• Laggy UI
  • Bulky and uncomfortable to use

RizwanYaqoob
posted on 14 Dec 2013, 13:22 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)

Its a Beast

RizwanYaqoob has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Its a beast along best companion, Galaxy Gear. Features, Display, everything is simply amazing but perfect. Back leather feel and S-Pen is something which makes Galaxy Note 3 superior and premium. I'm lovin' it.

• Build
  • Features
  • Processing Speed

dmakun
posted on 05 Dec 2013, 16:53 (Posts: 321; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)

Best android phone I have ever used

dmakun has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Super battery life. I've been thinking of getting a spare battery but haven't got where to buy original Samsung replacement batteries and honestly I haven't had to regret this. Super crisp screen with popping colours. Fantastically fluid transitions between screens and app launches. Very smooth. I can find no flaws with this beast of a phone and I'm a very happy samsung customer.

Build quality 10/10 It's a beautiful phone
Reception 10/10 Crisp reception and it's able to maintain connection even in areas where reception is very low.
Call quality 10/10 Crisp sounding call quality
Internet 10/10 Fast and stable Internet
Multimedia 10/10 Unrivaled multimedia capability
Camera 10/10 Only second to Nokia's monster camera phone
UI speed 10/10 Excellent speed and glitch free
Everyday usage 10/10 No issues whatsoever
Text input 10/10 The Samsung keyboard is unrivaled on Android
Display 10/10 Finally amoled screen tech has arrived.
Battery 10/10 Better than the best I have used previously the Samsung galaxy note 2

Pros

• Best in every category. A multitasking behemoth

box14380
posted on 28 Nov 2013, 13:11 (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)

Beast of the Best Phablet-Smartphone to Date

box14380 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The most future-proof, powerful and a reliable PC-replacement device to date. The downside of this device is the lack of OIS capability of camera but overall this is the best device I have owned.

How I wish this size of device have a giant camera resolution the same as Nokia Lumia 1020.

Build quality 10/10 Elegant, chic

Pros

• Powerful device
  • Huge, Clear and Crisp screen display

Cons

• Camera not on par with Nokia Lumia 1020

amoodaa
posted on 24 Nov 2013, 12:24 (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)

It's simple

amoodaa has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have an iPad I have so many iPhones but apple should make new features ideas make a good battery that phone is the best one ever i liked the note series from the start its has a new ideas s pen s note s planner new ideas

Pros

• S pen
  • Big battery
  • Performance is pretty fast
  • Slim design

PapaSmurf
posted on 21 Nov 2013, 20:38 (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)

Best phone of 2013

PapaSmurf has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

After jumping the gun, I have never been so happy with a phone. The Snapdragon 800 literally flies through every single application I throw at it. Eight tabs open in Chrome and no sign of it slowing down. The camera is probably one of my favorite upgrades. The screen - sharp, very bright and really sensitive. The battery easily lasts me through the whole day with moderate to heavy use with 40% left. I don't regret buying this phone. :')

Pros

Cons

PapaSmurf alternatives:

Diezparda
posted on 21 Nov 2013, 04:13 (Posts: 874; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)

Almost Perfect

Diezparda has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Beautiful monster, it has a lot of improvement compared to previous model it's an HD 1080p display a slightly larger screen with the same dimension and has better design compared to that glossy back plastic. It has a lot of new features which is worth for an updates.

Build quality 10/10 It's a giant and it's made of plastic so it doesn't fell heavy, i can't imagine if it's made out of glass or aluminum. And it's pretty sturdy (mine was accidentaly falling and it smashed rock floor right on it's screen, and i'm not using any case just a thin screen protector) & still works perfectly without any major damage.
Reception 10/10 Doesn't find any problem here.
Call quality 10/10 Same as reception.
Internet 10/10 5.7 inch!! it's really fun to surve the web pages with this giant.
Multimedia 9/10 Watching music video, playing any games (without rooting my device), listening to music and so much more things you can do with this phone. I want a sligtly louder audio output via headphone jack.
Camera 10/10 I rarely use the camera features, but i think a dual led flash like the iPhone 5S would be a good addition.
UI speed 8/10 It doesn't feel slow or laggy unlike my old Galaxy Note 10.1-2012 edition. Still i don't really like the touch wizz ui (it's not a big problem since i can simply use a custom launcher).
Everyday usage 10/10 My smart companion.
Text input 10/10 with bigger screen comes bigger responsivebility.
Display 8/10 Wow such density a very large screen but still easily fit into my pocket. If there is a weakness it's only the color reproduction which is feel a little bit unnatural to my eyes.
Battery 10/10 It easily survived full day usage.

Diezparda alternatives:

wesley.
posted on 29 Oct 2013, 10:33 (Posts: 84; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)

Best smartphone out there

wesley. has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Everything is so good. The lovely 1080P screen, incredible speed, smart looks, great functionality. I love my Note 3. Having also owned the original Samsung Galaxy Note, the Note 3 is a great upgrade. The S-Pen is even more useful than before and easier to use. Great additions like the RF transmitter to control all my devices with one remote control. The camera takes really great photos and video up to 4K resolution. I'm also really impressed by Samsung sending out no fewer than 4 updates since I got the phone a month ago.

phonemonkey
posted on 23 Oct 2013, 12:27 (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)

note 3

phonemonkey has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

amazing device.
everything the s4 was and then more. can't believe how awesome samsung phones are becoming. 13mp camera 24+ hours talk time tough to beat. 1080p screen. AMOLED getting better. SPen is getting better