Samsung Galaxy Note 3 User Reviews

UI speed9.3/10
Camera9.2/10
Multimedia9.5/10

radex
posted on 24 Jan 2015, 14:58 (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 May 2014)

Great device fails in what it is good at !!!

radex has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been living with my sm-n900 note 3 ( thats the octa core version ) for almost 3 months and the device is almost perfect , but ... there is always a but ... , I am having few problems with the screen itself , the purple smearing/shadowing when the pixels go from black to another color is really annoying , sometimes when I watch movies with fast movement in dark scenes black just becomes purple , another big issue is that my screen is divided into 3 thirds the lower third of the screen is the ( yellowest ) then the middle third of the screen is less yellow and the upper third of the screen is the least ( yellow ) , what I mean that the screen has three different color temperatures !! although this is not visible unless it is completely dark around , still it is annoying xD

Call quality 10/10 just perfect I can speak in very noisy environment without any difficulties in hearing or being heard .
Internet 10/10 big screen , fast processor , lots of RAM
Multimedia 9/10 just lacks stereo speakers
Camera 9/10 very good but no longer the best out there
Text input 10/10 huge buttons easy to press
Display 8/10 I'd give it 10 at day and 6 at night for purple smearing and the white lines

pawlakjr
posted on 02 Jan 2015, 11:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Jan 2015)

pawlakjr has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have this phone more than a year and it works great. Phone is very speed and it doesn't matter how long you have it. It look very nice but it can has metal unibody like galaxy note 4 or galaxy alpha but this phone is strong. I love it.

Build quality 9/10 It is strog but plastic sometimes can gut hurt
Camera 9/10 It sometimes opens slow when you have almost 3500 photos

Pros

• user interface
  • display
  • speed
  • camera quality
  • s pen
  • text input
  • everyday usage

Cons

• plastic unibody

juaann647
posted on 26 Dec 2014, 19:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Dec 2014)

One of the best smartphone ever made

juaann647 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a near perfect phone in my opinion. I love everything about it except the built quality. But the built quality isn't even bad at all, I still love it but I still wish it had a more premium built to it. Other than that, this is an amazing phone and anyone who is considering buying this phone, you should. This phone is a go!!

Pros

• Fast and no lag
  • Great Battery
  • 3 gb of RAM
  • Micro SD card slot for more storage
  • Beautiful display
  • S pen
  • 4K video recording
  • Big screen
  • Excellent multi-tasking
  • Removeable back

Cons

• No metal like the Note 4
  • A little too expensive

yayel
posted on 22 Nov 2014, 14:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)

Excellent phone but ?!

yayel has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Excellent phone but it needs a software that uses less resources of the phone hardware , I think android 5 may be solve that issues , otherwise this phone will be from the best phones in the market for along period :)

Pros

Cons

• need lighter software than android kitkat

tykemp7
posted on 10 Oct 2014, 16:26 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)

Samsung NoTe 3 review

tykemp7 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

In My experience, the Galaxy Note 3 is one of the best phones that I could have owned, even I did trade it in on a iPhone 6 for other reasons not because of the phone but because of what the rest of my family owns. no I didn't get the iPhone 6+ because I would've just gotten a Note 4 instead of that, but overall one of the best phones especially with its size.

Pros

• Feel with the size of the phone
  • great all around phone
  • Great Battery Life
  • Beautiful Display
  • S-pen. loved it

Cons

• Samsung's Software
  • Plastic Feel, all though nice, would prefer the metal like the Note 4

tykemp7 alternatives:

chandanpradhan
posted on 09 Oct 2014, 08:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)

The CS Voice quality of Note3 is not good.

chandanpradhan has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The normal voice call quality is very low. when ever i call to anyone, they always complained me about the voice quality. my voice is not properly audible to the other person if I talk in a Normal voice. Every time i have to talk in a loud voice. My friend has a Galaxy S5 & he doesn't have any such issue. we have compered both (S5 & Note3)just to confirm the defect. Never expects such kind of basic issues from a flagship device.

Pros

Cons

• Bad CS Voice quality.

Ahmadovich
posted on 24 Sep 2014, 22:07 (Posts: 43; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)

BEAST is simply too small to describe such phone!

Ahmadovich has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Upgraded from a two-year-old S III and yeah a whole new experience! Bought my S III on exactly 29/10/2012 and my Note 3 on 28/8/2014.

Simply, Buy it and you won't regret it.

Build quality 9/10 The textured back is impressive. Though I would want a metal included in this device. The Note 4 fixes that though.
Reception 10/10 In the middle of my country's countryside I have experienced at least 2 signal bars, which is quite amazing! LTE was no use for me though.
Call quality 10/10 The ear piece is loud, crisp and lack noise what so ever. It's loud enough that I had to turn it down to 2 minimum!
Internet 10/10 DAT big display is what makes me enjoy Internet!
Multimedia 10/10 Haha! I have the 32 GB version and a 32 GB microSD card slot, which I will probably upgrade to the 64 GB one soon. That's enough. USB 3.0 oh how much I love you! Samsung knows really what they are doing here. I have never understood how damn much USB 3.0 was useful until I bought my Note 3. The data transfer speed on this thing is spectacular!
Camera 10/10 It's an amazing camera! So much options and DAT 1080p @60fps is my most used feature.
UI speed 10/10 TouchWiz emm TouchWiz. TouchWiz is practically fine. Even though I hate its launcher so I grabbed Nova Launcher Prime and it has been magnificent since then. So many options and features that it took me a whole 2 to 3 hours to know them. I rooted my phone though and uninstalled the bloatware. This phone never lags or stutters if you used a launcher other than Sammy's one.
Everyday usage 10/10 What? :D Are you kidding me! It's 100% buy for any person, who don't find large screens problematic.
Text input 10/10 No comment. It's just DAT massive screen that makes it incro-yable.
Display 10/10 I tried once to notice pixels, but nah I couldn't. Text look damn crisp. I was worried if I may cut my finger while using it because of such sharpness. :D
Battery 10/10 "This thing kicks ass! All day, Everyday" MKBHD You can charge it from 0% to 100% in just one hour with the included charging cable (USB 3.0) and included charger. Plus it would be challenging to make this beast last only one day. I charge it every two days myself.

Pros

• Display is simply enough
  • ALL DAY Battery
  • USB 3.0 is WICKEDLY fast!
  • Textured back is business-looking and sexy!
  • Speaker is not that loud, but pleasingly clean
  • Camera's video recording is quite impressive
  • microSD card slot
  • Physical home button
  • S Pen! :0
  • 3 sexy Gigs of RAM

Cons

• Non metal frame (fixed in Note 4 though)
  • Questionable Android L update

nino2010tiger
posted on 24 Sep 2014, 01:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Sep 2014)

Worst smartphone ever

nino2010tiger has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I refused my brother's advice and keep on buying a Samsung except for the other smartphones such as Apple iPhone or Sony Xperia. And now I've to pay for my stupidity. Who knows if a smartphone like this be so bad? I accept that the S-Pen is a little convenient, but the phone feels terribly. In addition, it's always overheat and this phone is full of unstableness. I don't think people would ever want to buy a Samsung phone. Worst phone ever.

saaddowllah
posted on 20 Sep 2014, 14:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Sep 2014)

awesome experience

saaddowllah has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

note 3 is the best phone. great powerful device. superv Internet experience. call quality is great. the multimedia is also magnificent. I use this phone for 12-14 hours every day.. texting is really easy. display is awesome. what else do you want from a phone.

Pros

• Display, multimedia, camera and Internet

Cons

• no cons

Challenger7
posted on 20 Sep 2014, 03:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Sep 2014)

Best phone I have ever used

Challenger7 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Inexpensive, fast, gorgeous phone. If you want a fast and easy to use phone, with tablet like feel, go for it. It's the greatest phone I have ever used.
Even when the note 4 comes out, I will not leave this phone so soon, because it Has provided nothing but amazing results since I have gotten it. Highly recommended.

Build quality 8/10 Fragile phone, be careful and you'll have no problems
Reception 9/10 No complaints
Call quality 10/10 No complaints
Internet 10/10 Extremely fast for an extremely fast phone
Multimedia 10/10 Enjoy the google store and third party software with micro SD usage
Camera 10/10 13 MP, clear and crisp Front facing 2.0mp is meh.
Everyday usage 10/10 Amazing phone
Text input 10/10 Big screen, easy to text!
Display 10/10 Gorgeous and crisp
Battery 10/10 huge phone with a huge battery. I game a lot on my phone and it still lasts the whole day

Pros

• Huge phone
  • Huge screen
  • Stylus
  • Micro SD support
  • Fast
  • Inexpensive

Cons

• Huge phone
  • Huge screen
  • After being on a long time, I have noticed ocassional lag
  • Fragile

ihavenoname
posted on 29 Aug 2014, 02:51 (Posts: 1551; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)

Great phablet, not perfect though.

ihavenoname has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Very nice phone. Has been very reliable and durable (no case needed), display is awesome, software is gimmicky, bloated and sometimes very ugly, but there are some very nice features as well. Camera, awesome. Performance, very good, SD800 and 3GB of RAM are bit muffled by TW, but you can't really notice it irl. Can't really complain, I've really enjoyed it, but mainly because of software, I'm leaving it at some point.

Build quality 9/10 Durable, light, feels quite good, for Samsung device very solid.
Reception 10/10 No complaints.
Call quality 9/10 Sounds as it should sound.
Internet 10/10 Excellent browser (Chrome), display and performance.
Multimedia 9/10 Speaker gets the job done, great display again.
Camera 9/10 Excellent. Brilliant. Awesome. Only gripe is lack of OIS.
UI speed 8/10 Touchwiz does lag sometimes, even with high-end specs like this. I recommend 3rd party launcher (Nova, Apex etc.). Otherwise, no complaints. Games, browsing are fluid and fast and multitasking is a joy, but stock UI is not for me.
Everyday usage 9/10 Touchwiz is the reason for -1. But I've transformed mine close to Vanilla, so I'm satisfied.
Text input 10/10 Stock one is ok, I use Google Keyboard. Big screen, again.
Display 9/10 Very good, not perfect but much better than average.
Battery 10/10 Try to kill this beast in one day ;)

Pros

• All

Cons

• Except Touchwiz.

ihavenoname alternatives:

shivendra
posted on 29 Jul 2014, 00:43 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jul 2014)

THE AWESOME SMART PHONE

shivendra has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Love my note 3 . It have everything that I recommend
Easy interface and functionality . Any thing can do with this phone
S pen so helpful for texting but it's no more smoother than ui
But it's a best smart phone

Pros

• All over excellent accept some cons
  • removable battery
  • speedy n smoother phone
  • in built storage(ram or rom)

Cons

• slow camera auto focus
  • side steel coating so cheap (easily removable)
  • No water resistant
  • Flash is too swollen than galaxy s2

mohab96
posted on 30 Jun 2014, 10:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)

pros & cons of samsung note 3

mohab96 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The phone in over well is fantastic in viewing media and internet surfing or in battery life the 3 g ram make gaming on galaxy note3 run smoothly multiple windows is great the phone can go well for one hand texting using s pen is' t so bad after all

Pros

• big display 5.7 inch
  • lte version have high speed of Internet connection
  • extremely battery life
  • fast charging by usb 3.0

Cons

• s pen isn't smooth enough

tadas86
posted on 27 Jun 2014, 14:11 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)

Phone with an excellent display !

tadas86 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Phone has excellent screen, chipset, battery life. Audio playback is only good through headphones. Camera's only big drawback is night performance. But the flashlight is good. I also hate the bump at the back because you can easily damage the camera lens.

Build quality 8/10 Camera lens is absolutely unprotected. Accidental slide your phone on the table and the lens may be scratched. By all means it's not the quality of materials, but the problem is the BUMP.
Reception 10/10 The phone is great compared to other phones at my location.
Call quality 10/10 As good as it needs to be.
Internet 9/10 Of course it is fast with it's blazing speed and no lag. But for a comfortable browsing, a bigger display is needed.
Multimedia 10/10 AMOLED - this says it all.
Camera 9/10 Camcoder is perfect, but I hate the fact that samsung is cheating on slowmo videos. Great effects. Photos also look good. Major drawback here is night performance. Also lack of zoom (to make potential out of the major sensor), it's only 4x.
UI speed 10/10 Do what you want, power saving mode, a lot of applications - still no lag.
Everyday usage 9/10 Everything looks cool except samsung-junk applications that cannot be deleted.
Text input 9/10 Excellent. Still uncomparable to a desktop keyboard.
Display 10/10 well, because AMOLED ...
Battery 10/10 Gaming, playing with camera, watching videos, checking facebook, browsing internet and after 3 days you still have 20%. Of course I use it with -5 automatic brightness, all the "features" turned off and power saving mode is on.

Pros

• AMOLED; 1080p; screen modes; clear view even against sun.
  • Games run smooth on power saving mode YET.
  • Camera fullfills most of your needs.
  • S Pen.

Cons

• Camera lens is unprotected thanks to the Bump.
  • Loudspeaker. No bass and mono sound only.
  • Samsung junk applications

tadas86 alternatives:

Jimstopdog
posted on 12 Jun 2014, 07:52 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)

It's a beast!

Jimstopdog has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is everything you could ever want, I was worried about the size but it turned out to be nothing. It's funny how people rag on it about the size but take a look at the S5, G3, Z2, etc and the difference is nothing. It's my first Samsung and so far touch wiz isn't too bad, I did kill a lot of the bloat right way. So far I'm impressed with everything about the phone and I can't see myself going back to anything smaller.

Build quality 9/10 I don't like the plastic back and trim, but it was easily covered by a Spiegen Neo hybrid case.

Pros

• Awesome display, love the S pen, battery lasts all day plus.

Cons

• Plastic design

Gohard_24
posted on 08 Jun 2014, 13:54 (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)

Best Samsung Phablet

Gohard_24 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

If any phone worth the money, it would be this beast! I upgraded from the note 2 and i would never go back to another phone that has under 300ppi! The only con but not really a con is touch wiz lags..on all samsung devices regardless but you can easily root to debloat the software!

Pros

• Easy to root
  • Excellent battery life
  • USB 3.0
  • Light weight
  • Fast Charging

Cons

• Touchwiz Lags

ruckus09
posted on 05 Jun 2014, 13:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)

I love this phone

ruckus09 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had this phone since Nov-Dec some where around there and I love it. It does everything that I need it to do on a bigger screen... However I've found that when I use my friends phone for what ever reason (Iphone Galaxy S4) and its just too small... ESPECIALLY iPhones...

Pros

Cons

• The phone is JUST too big for my hand

liftmeup
posted on 04 Jun 2014, 02:28 (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 May 2014)

love of my (android) life

liftmeup has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My priorities when buying a phone are always: speed, battery and screensize. This beast has exactly what I am looking for. As soon as I turned it on (which lasted exactly 14 seconds) I fell in love with this beautiful phone.
A big stunning screen, a brutally fast processor, nice camera, tons of features, works perfectly on kitkat and apex launcher, battery life is extraordinary (no problem going out with 20-30% left..), etc.
There is no perfect phone out there, but this one is very close to being one.
The call quality is the only thing that could have been done better, as the people you're talking to often can't hear you that well, but ok..
But everything else is just awesome, I can only recommend it to everyone who has no problem with carrying around a huge phone.

Pros

• speed
  • screen
  • s-pen
  • elegant look
  • multi-tasking
  • whole experience

Cons

• call quality

AdrianUniq
posted on 03 Jun 2014, 04:24 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)

Note 3

AdrianUniq has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Note 3 is definetlly the best Samsung smartphone now. Even better then S5. I could not compare it to an iPhone, HTC One or other phones. NOTE 3 is the most practical, bussines-like, fast and cool smartphone.

I dislike the samsung apps that could not be deletet !!!

Build quality 9/10 Build quality is best, but the only thing I didn't like is the chip aluminium bottom => It get scratched fast and it looks not so good, but you didn't care to much about it, because It's just at the bottom and it's a kind of darks side.
Call quality 8/10 Call quality is good, but when loaderspeaker is on it is not so good.
Camera 9/10 Camera is excellent, I tooked some photos and it feels like with a pro-camera. The bad thing is that in low-light it is not more than good.
Everyday usage 9/10 9. Because there is no camera icon on lock screen after newest updates !!!
Display 10/10 Dispaly is A+. No cons here. Bright and clean.
Battery 10/10 14-16 hours in normal use with power-saving. About 12 hours in normal use. If playing games and videos it can hold 6-7 hours.

Pros

• Camera A+ ( like pro in enought light )
  • Display A+
  • Battery A
  • Fast

Cons

• Camera B ( in low-light)
  • Bottom Aluminuium-like plastic

cofe6370
posted on 29 May 2014, 11:30 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

cofe6370 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Best android phone i ever owned. I love the big screen cause i have big hands and it's very fast and responsive. I have enjoyed it ever since i got it on the Verizon 4G LTE network no problems so far.

Pros

• Everything!

persiaa
posted on 19 May 2014, 09:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)

Best Phone

persiaa has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The best camera phones with high quality standard screen with a powerful and strong data processing speed and graphics
Only note for now
Only note for now

Pros

Cons

• Note 3
  • S4
  • note 1
  • HD2
  • damond 2
  • n73
  • 3250
  • 6630

Immolate
posted on 13 May 2014, 15:42 (Posts: 292; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)

Still the finest large smart phone you can buy

Immolate has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had the original Note on AT&T followed by the Note 2 on Verizon and now the Note 3, also on Verizon. I'm over fifty, and my eyes are weaker than they once were, so I appreciate the bright, big screen. The N3 feels smaller and lighter than it should in the hand. It's fast of course, and stat-tacular, but every new flagship can claim that quality. What really makes this a prize is the mammoth screen. It's beautiful, bright, lovely to behold. More, the N3 is built around that screen, with it's multi-tasking, split screen and stylus. TouchWiz, which started out an ugly duckling, has become something of a swan through brute force evolution. The battery life, as I'm sure you've heard, is fantastic. I often find myself seven hours into work with four or five percent of the battery used. I don't use my phone much when I'm working, but think about that. Overall, the finest mobile phone I've owned, and I've owned a bunch.

Pros

• Screen!!!
  • Battery!!!

Cons

• No OIS

DTMechanic
posted on 09 May 2014, 18:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 May 2014)

Definitely the best phone out so far...

DTMechanic has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Lightning fast processing power, decent aesthetics and presentation, perfect size screen and body, purely the benchmark for the larger phone category. I finally have a phone that I don't need to keep checking to see when the next update is coming out, or worry about overloading the cpu with too many duties at once. This phone is almost perfect...!! In a time when using the smartphone to accept credit cards for business, upload pictures for pleasure, and just basically make a phone call or text.... This is everything you need to do all those things. I can honestly say that this iteration of the Galaxy Note series is finally keeping me content with my phone. The Note 2 was close, but left a little room for improvement in this phone. It can only get better and more far fetched when talking about the future of these devices and their abilities. I used to say that "I can't wait for the new..." This phone tells me that "yes", "I can wait for as long as it takes to get whatever crazy new phone that decides to appear on the market."You won't be disappointed in the Note 3, I know this for a fact.

Build quality 8/10 It's almost perfect, but I think the screen should be recessed more into the outer bezel and the outer bezel should be metal of some sort.
Reception 10/10 Great improvement over the Note 2
Call quality 9/10 It's far beyond the old days of the robotic static and dropped calls every few minutes, but it's still a cell phone, so there's always something to improve on call quality.
Internet 9/10 Both the wifi and the network Internet connection is almost always seamless.
Multimedia 8/10 I still would like to see the ability of the speakers in the phone to improve. Especially when using speakerphone and playing music through the phone.
Everyday usage 10/10 It does everything. Entertainment and business is completely streamlined with the help of this device.
Text input 10/10 Obviously easier to use the larger screen and the larger keyboard for typing.
Display 10/10 I love the screen. The colors and contrasting ability to make everything you see look better than real life...? Awesome...!!
Battery 9/10 The battery lasts a great deal longer than it's predecessor, but there's always room for improvement in this category. When I get this phone and all it's abilities to last a few days with normal to heavy usage, that's when I'll be satisfied forever...!! Hahaha...!!

Pros

• Does everything at once
  • Battery life is decent for the screen size and abilities
  • Best large phone until it gets dethroned by the 4

Cons

• Battery life is decent, but can be better
  • Camera is great, but can also be better
  • Price is always insane when launched
  • Everything has been improved from the Note 2

phichart
posted on 03 May 2014, 02:09 (Posts: 64; Member since: 03 May 2014)

Best of the best

phichart has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have galaxy note 3 for more than 6 months already. I love my note 3 but I want more battery life and better speaker! Galaxy note 3 is awesome and very nice camera. Now waiting for galaxy note 4. I wish Samsung galaxy note 4 is waterproof!

Pros

• Best of the best

Cons

• I want better Speaker
  • 4000 Mah will be awesome

tixoo
posted on 02 May 2014, 04:09

very good phone

tixoo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is overall an amazing phone, with great features and improvements over the past note devices. there are few things that are bad as the usual call quality of all samsung phones, reception and text input, but overall the phone is amazing.

Pros

• Great battery life
  • Great display
  • blazing fast
  • crawling with features
  • build quality is much better than other samsung phones

Cons

• bad call quality
  • bad reception
  • text input is not as good as on other devices
  • expensive
  • same old; same old design