Wireless charging likely with the HTC One M8, new leak suggests
1. timukh (Posts: 291; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Aaaand the award for the most leaked phone goes to HTC One M8 !!!
16. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
The only thing left now is to find it in a bar somewhere.
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3896; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Not sure is it great marketing or just a leaks.
2. newbey123 (Posts: 547; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Hope it does have th wireless charging, would be pretty freaking sweet. Killer phone HTC. Good job. Now release and take my money.
4. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Agreed, much a better feature than this waterproofing nonsense
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Would be nice but I have a feeling they might be doing wireless charging the pogo pins way or the Sony magnetic way.. Would be nice if it's the qi charging. Not long till we get official info but then again pretty much everything other than the use of 2 cameras is known.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That sounds unlikely, aluminum is a conductor and putting the metal frame on the wireless charger would shock you every time you touch it...
7. Ignited (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Come on your on a geek site and you don't know that 1amp would never ever come close to shocking you. Even a car battery if you touch both ends would never shock you. The amps of the charger would not be enough for anyone to feel the electricity of the charge.
14. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
It only takes less than 1 amp to stop your heart.
8. jphillips63 (Posts: 214; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Has anyone seen yet the size battery that'll be used in this phone?
12. 7Superman9 (Posts: 85; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
So what battery size should we see?
I'm rooting for at least a 3000mah.
Of course I wouldn't complain if it were bigger.
9. surethom (Posts: 578; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Yes nice one, if wireless charging comes as standard that would be fantastic & another reason not to pick the Galaxy S5.
19. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol the GS3 has wireless charging while it took HTC now to finally include it.....you HTC fans are worse than I thought and I thought you were pretty starts with an S and ends with a stupid.
21. 7Superman9 (Posts: 85; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Someone needs to get off a certain manufacturers dangling bits. Taters, looks like you got something in your eyes....
10. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
it will not be wireless as on a charging pad like most instead it will charge within a certain range from the wall plug without having to be plugged in
13. NoFanboy (Posts: 298; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
I'm going to hold you to that claim. Also the battery size must be bad if you don't mention it?
15. NoFanboy (Posts: 298; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
2 things I'm worried about - I hope the phone doesn't heat up as easily as the one and I hope the lowest volume setting isn't extremely loud like the one. Main reasons why I had to sell it.
23. thekiwiguy (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Apr 2014)
The S5 supports wireless charging if you buy one of these...
Itian ® Qi Wireless Charger Receiver for Samsung Galaxy S5 SV i9600 Charging Card Coil Accept