Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander (aka Ubuntu Touch) now officially available for phones
1. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1805; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I need to pick up another N4 to give this another shot.
13. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Thinking the same, my N4 is going to be a new test phone when I upgrade this holiday season.
2. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I'd love to give this a try but for now I'm sticking with CM. I will move to Ubuntu when there is a large enough user base.
11. kdealltheway (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Catch 22, if users stay with their current ROMs, user base wont get any larger...
3. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 137; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
I have a Nexus 4 and I really want to try this but I don't know how stable it really is + no apps. Can anyone confirm if this can be used as a daily driver atleast?
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It has been stable enough for daily use since July.
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Android apps do not and will not work in Ubuntu.
The only connection is that Ubuntu is designed to run fairly easily on hardware made for Android (which is why Nexus devices are supported and the community has added other compatibility).
6. uchihakurtz (Posts: 333; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I tried this on my Nexus 4 just now, still like the previous nightlies, some occasional lags here and there and still not many apps and also lack of boot screen and shutdown menu. I hope it'll be good for daily usage in the next few months. Good luck Canonical!
9. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Can this be installed as a dual boot with Android?
10. uchihakurtz (Posts: 333; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Some people can but I haven't tried, go to the thread, it's in XDA Forum Nexus 4's General section.
14. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Although I have high expectations for Ubuntu,
now is not the time for me.
No everyday apps, and can't even use LTE or HSPA data.
15. steodoreben (Posts: 215; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Can I install it on my Samsung Wave II GT-S8530? My wave currently runs Bada 2.0. No news for BADA and TIZEN? I really love Ubuntu Touch, so simple UI. I don't need so many apps to run. Thank you!