Surprise: HTC M8 may have a mini version
According to @evleaks, the regular M8 is the “0P6B”, while the M8 mini will be the “0P8B”. Not long ago, we saw the M8 appearing in a benchmark test as the HTC 0P6B120, so the full model number of the M8 mini could be 0P8B120.
We are hearing that the M8 will feature a 5-inch 1080p display - a 0.3-inch increase over the screen of the original One. The One mini from
Since the large M8 should come with Android 4.4. KitKat, Sense 6 UI and on-screen buttons, we’re expecting the same for the mini model. It’s said that HTC will officially announce the M8 in February or March, and perhaps it will reveal the M8 mini at the same time. We'll definitely let you know when we hear more on this.
Note: In case you have any doubts, the two handsets seen in the upper-left corner are the original One (M7) and One mini (M4).
1. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Hope it'll have the same internals as its bigger brother like Xperia Z1 Compact with the Z1.
2. Birds (Posts: 970; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Hopefully its not midrange and is high end like the Z1 Compact. HTC, don't disappoint me this year. You always disappoint me somehow.
7. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Their pricing always disappoints me.
11. Aploine (Posts: 126; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Last year they allmost had me but the 4mpx ultrapixel became a dealbraker. Same with LG G2's camera with not so good dynamic range and not removable battery, no SD card
3. hafini_27 (Posts: 239; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I hope they could make it like what Sony did with the z1 compact.
4. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
HTC Mini M8 sounds like an awesome name
5. mr.techdude (Posts: 541; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I'm sooooo surprised PA, u caught me off guard. Lol
6. mr.techdude (Posts: 541; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Wow so the z1 compact was some serious stuff.
8. Alex123 (Posts: 204; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
As long as the price still over then the sales absolutely slow. HTC one mini is the higher price device compared to it's HD display screen USD 450>Lumia 925 USD 425>Nexus 4 USD 420> S3 USD 350
9. bighandssmallpockets (Posts: 39; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
i don't care about price. Just give me top specs in a smaller phone!
10. aditya.k (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
If HTC continue the same pricing in India, then I can even buy a Z1 instead of a M8 Mini.
12. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Awwesome! This means there will be a Max version also. It will be between the regular M8 and the Max M8. Can't wait!