Steve Jobs biographer: "Bill Gates was smarter than Steve Jobs by almost any conventional measure"
1. Cyan3boN (Posts: 418; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
true, gates is the smarty pants, jobs was just a good manager, who jinxed the people into buying his I products
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In mine opinion, talking about Apple, Steve Jobs was really good marketing specialist and nothing more, Steve Jobs talks about 'visions' was just a bull s**t! The real persons who saw any real 'visions' and made them come true was people who was working down in the labs!
2. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Bill Gates probably was smarter but ultimately next to Steve jobs was less blood thristy and less able to effectively advertise.
Steve Jobs had a better ability to take control and influence peoples mindset in order to maximise sales of any product. Steve Jobs 'Job' became easier over the years as the icult phenomenon developed and all he needed to do was say 'this is cool' for ifans to buy something
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes they are both geniuses, Bill Gates is the intellectiual with vision on how the PC world would evolve. Steve Jobs was a marketing mastermind who could sell ice to an Eskimo.
Both had thier strenghts but Bill Gates turned modern PC's to what they are today. He can see things that others could not & was able to make great business decisions that ultimatly made him the wealthest man in the whole world at one point.
Easily Bill Gates was head over heels smarter than Steve Jobs!
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
What is dumb about the comments? Your comment is less than desirable!
22. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You are kidding me right? Do I really need to explain this to you? OK here I go:
My comment #7 was a comment on the topic. My comment #14 was a response to comment #11.
Your point is.............. what again? lol
26. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Virile I am not sure if your comment was directed to me, but if it wasn't then I apologize.
If it was then my comment #22 still stands!
49. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Virile's comment was a response to darkkjedi, not yours.
20. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Atleast he's not dum like you....
35. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
less effectively advertise? maybe in the phone department but MS stomps apple in sales in every other category. nothing is as prolific as the windows OS or the Office suite.
38. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
he was actually ish**p god.
30. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Apple never gives charity.
Apple never gives sponsors
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about Apple, in mine opinion Steve Jobs was good marketing specialist and nothing more.
9. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
true , but i still like his product more
17. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
True you love his penitentiary echo system!!!!
21. frydaexiii (Posts: 1132; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
It's not even "his product"
Steve Jobs initially did not like the idea of Apps, The one thing that even gave the iPhone a place in the smartphone market.
and did you really think that Steve Jobs single handedly designed that stupid 2 piece glass iPhone design? If he did he was probably a bigger idiot than I thought.
39. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
52. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Well when you think of Facebook you think of mark zuckerberg not all the people that worked together with him to make the product successful .
In how most people see it , apple is Steve jobs product
31. HTCFreak (Posts: 148; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
Why does thelegends comment get thumbed-down? it's his personal choise! It's like hating someone because he likes fries while you like chicken. Really people, stop the hate! :)
34. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Why doe's it bother you?
What's it to you?
51. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Htc freak is the best fan droid I ever seen .
Btw I like HTC quite a lot too
16. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I don't think so.... more like
He was a kleptomaniac...
He was a subversive miscreant
He was a malignant person
He made Apple divulge
29. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
I think you are WE LIKE THIS
YOU JElLIOUS GUY,
SO YOU SWITCHED SIDES HUH?
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 7747; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Awww shut up ur posts make no sense at all
Pepsi coke and every other business do the same thing.
Tell us something we didn't know.
19. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
You'r a subservient to fruit!
28. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Steve jobs want'd Android dead in his will, befor
he died, with along other's.....
But he's dead himself! Hipocrite!!!
41. archangel9 (Posts: 226; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
yep thats true..In fact,Android was kicking Apple's butt in every which way . People who get Iphones,Ipads,etc just want to be part of the "in crowd".Android is revolutionary in its own way and I'm proud of that coming from BB.
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1132; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Bill Gates - Made computers affordable and available for everyone, unifying the world. Donates to charity as well as funds medical researches
Steve Jobs - Marketed products that created a bunch of elitist wannabe hipsters. Claims everything that's not his "vision" but similar and better a stolen product.
I don't know why people even put these 2 guys in the same league...
13. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Totally Agreed "yPhone 4 $?" = "Why Phone for $?" :-P
18. bossmt_2 (Posts: 401; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I don't think this is news. Jobs was a smart man, but Jobs was a salesman, Gates is a nerd, look at the 2 it's really all the evidence you need. Jobs could find a winner and focus on things that sell very well (notice the down play of Mac products to focus on iPods, iPhones, and later iPad) but Woz was the brains behind Apple in the early days and you really do need guys like Jobs. No one person is perfect to start a buisness.
23. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NOW AS SKY TOO HAS A LIMIT!!
f**k You!! Phone Arena and your Baised Reviews and ARTICLES!!
I hereby comfirm to leave your f**ked up site, that writes nothing more than senseless s**t for iPhone and Android.
Because I need to read the technology update not read a iFan or FanDroid.
So, better keep your "Cr@pple's yPhone 4 $" in your Pocket...
I never hated Cr@pple or Android but today I hate it because of you Phone Arena ppl.
I'D BE MORE THAN HAPPY IF YOU BAN ME FROM HERE AS I DONT HAVE TO EVEN DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT FROM HERE...!!!
27. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Just re-Affirms Jobz was an iDiOt, no wonder his iTurds always break.
32. Eingild (Posts: 203; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
Jobs is more of a leader and a visionary, while Gates is on hell of a genius.
33. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Cause he like's , use's , support's Apple!
You should know that by now.....
36. p4ulm86 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Jobs Is Dead. Bill Gates is alive. Bill gates is Winning in my book. lol
40. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Bill Gates was more books smart. Steve Jobs had better social and design intelligence.
44. Pings (Posts: 272; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
"Steve Jobs had better social and design intelligence"?
No Steve Jobs had a marketng team. He ripped of every idea Apple has ever had and they marketed it as somthing new and revolutionary. Do you remember the TV commercials saying Mac's are more secure and they don't crash? That wasn't true at all. Pwn2own proved Apple is by far the least secure in the computer world. What like there is a difference, a gray screen (Mac), and blue screen (PC). Apple had a better marketng team that's it. Not to much of that was Steve Jobs. Really it was someone else's idea and Jobs just OK'ed the final idea.
42. archangel9 (Posts: 226; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
At one time I wanted to buy a Imac or a macbook pro but 1200-1800 is ridiculous for a computer. So i stick with HP and I throw Fedora 16 and Kubuntu 11.10 on my PC and it's waaaayyy prettier and better than a Mac.
46. Whateverman (Posts: 3061; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I know many people don't agree, but its well worth the money to get a Mac. I havent needed a repair, replacement, or a virus is over 6 years. I do have to replace my graphics card, and upgrade the hard drive for more room. But compared to many other people I know who had to replace their entire systems...I'm getting off cheap. I've had a few PC's and I don't miss replacing them at all! But to each his or her own.
47. sinfiery (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I've had my Gateway laptop for 5 years now, with no problems at all.
Replaced the keyboard once, cost me $18 and 10 minutes of my time. I broke it, it didn't just degenerate either.
Anecdotal evidence is absolutely pointless.
Apple lives and dies by it, and their not dead.
48. Whateverman (Posts: 3061; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That's cool! Had a Gateway and an Asus, both dead in under four years. Maybe Vista was the issue but still scared me away from Windows.
43. Jerry209 (Posts: 42; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Steve was a great with words vs. Gates with parts and chips
50. haikallp (Posts: 67; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
its quite obvious..Steve Jobs is just a great speaker and manager, but thats it..