Smartphone attachable camera available from Altek
While this product is branded under the Altek name, the company says that it is working on other imaging products for smartphones and tablets. Target clients include most OEMs except for Apple and Samsung. Such products will account for 50% of its 2014 revenue with digital cameras dropping to 30%
1. apple4never (Posts: 1058; Member since: 08 May 2013)
don't you mean "Altek says the CAMERA will launch immediately" ?
2. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 209; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Cool! They have flash.. Sony's lens style cameras dont. :(
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3642; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Great and li'l bit affordable from others.
4. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
look like a newest gen of instax mini
5. roozbeh101 (Posts: 92; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
It is a little big for smartphones! phablets do not need it ! i.e note 3 has a very good camera! tablets can have this! but except people who take pictures of a live show with their tablets ahem* Ipads* ahem who needs such a big attachment on his device?!
6. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
the real power of this camera is optical zoom and bigger sensor than average smartphone.
This camera has bigger sensor and better zoom than your note 3.
7. roozbeh101 (Posts: 92; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
yes better zoom and better sensor ! but it is too big to carry with your device! If you want a good shot get a DSLR !
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 1545; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
But then a DSLR is too big comparing to this camera. Carrying a DSLR around is much more annoying than carrying this box looking camera around.
Oh. Don't forget about the cost.
10. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I guess with the dimensions of 52.5 x 45 x 26 mm and weighs 65 grams, this camera is not too big to carry.
Even your Note 3 is bigger and heavier compared to this camera.
Can you show where I can buy dslr at a price of $100 and the with the same size???
I just bought the Sony A7, but for day-to-day activities I prefer to use the RX100 because of its smaller size and quite capable of producing images and video with excellent quality.
And I don't have a problem when carrying it, despite its larger size and heavier in comparison to this camera.
11. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
This is perfect for tablets which are notorious for having sub-par cameras. If my tablet camera wasn't so bad I'd probably ditch having a smartphone all together.