Samsung to "significantly" invest more on bada, but Android will remain its dominant OS
1. quakan posted on 02 Mar 2012, 19:09 4 0
What ever happened to the guy who was in love with Bada on here? He'd love this article haha.
9. windowsRocks posted on 02 Mar 2012, 21:23 7 11
Android > iOS > Windows Phone > Bada > RIM > Symbian
24. MichaelHeller posted on 03 Mar 2012, 10:04 4 0
I just find it amusing that someone with the name "windowsRocks" has WP 3rd on the list.
27. MATOZ posted on 03 Mar 2012, 14:41 2 0
I thought that too.
Maybe he's a Windows OS fanboy instead of Windows Phone! heee
26. Adianshadows posted on 03 Mar 2012, 12:14 2 0
it was peterlfromsweden... he is greatly missed. he got flamed on too hard and boycotted PA.
2. jaytai0106 posted on 02 Mar 2012, 19:17 1 0
It would be interested to see another OS to rise. I wouldn't mind to see more option for the consumers
4. quakan posted on 02 Mar 2012, 19:50 1 0
I feel the same way. I like iOS and Android but now I just feel a bit bored with them because I'm so accustomed to both. I'm ready for the next new and fresh OS to come around and bring some life to the party.
12. ph00ny posted on 02 Mar 2012, 22:06 0 0
i'm curious to see where tinzen stands in all of this
17. jcpwn2004 posted on 02 Mar 2012, 23:59 0 0
i disagree, wp7, ios & android are more than enough. There's already enough trouble getting developers to support all the platforms.
21. BuckeyeCadet86 posted on 03 Mar 2012, 06:54 0 0
Bada doesn't have a ton of native app support but does support HTML 5 which is cross platform. Eventually I see app developers using HTML5 for most of their apps, even though they will still have to develop an iOS one so Apple can control it through the app store.
3. gp284 posted on 02 Mar 2012, 19:26 0 0
This is kind of random but does anybody know if the original galaxy tab 10.1 will get ICS? Sorry for the randomness but this is the newest Samsung post so....
5. QWIKSTRIKE posted on 02 Mar 2012, 19:55 0 2
I think Windows, IOS, Android will dominate. Samsung just trying to reduce license fees. It's all good because I'd like to see a Moto Galaxy Nexus....we would get Qwik updates, a great radio 3g/4g signal and all day battery life. Windows phones will catch on in the future I think. I have looked at a windows Focus in the past and that thing is pretty slick. If that's the worst of the windows phone's line getting better look out.
13. ph00ny posted on 02 Mar 2012, 22:08 2 0
you obviously haven't had a motorola's last few offerings
worst android devices ever
6. REYNER posted on 02 Mar 2012, 20:10 7 0
hmm.. pretty interesting! i like bada but i dont want to spent my money with it because the os apps still lack. but i can say that the os still feels snappy and fluid. if samsung would invest more in bada someday bada could a tough contender. if samsung would push through!
7. mrnathan posted on 02 Mar 2012, 20:39 0 2
There's a difference between "significantly investing more" and "investing significantly more".
Reminds me of the "iPad 2 seized from Chinese law enforcement" story.
Can they really not afford an editor here? Not even for the headlines?
8. GeekMovement posted on 02 Mar 2012, 21:00 1 0
if they can make bada OS more appealing than it is now (which visually looks somewhat similar to the android OS atm), I might like to take a try when if it ever comes to the states. So impressive to see Samsung balancing with all these different OS! Good job keep up the good work Samsung.
10. technoblasters4 posted on 02 Mar 2012, 21:56 0 0
16. hotspot posted on 02 Mar 2012, 23:25 0 1
people who buy/use bada ..i think they even know what is smartphone..they only buy bada running os..bcz of the brnd title samsung..they evn dnt knw wat plt4m its running..lolz
22. BuckeyeCadet86 posted on 03 Mar 2012, 06:56 0 0
Really, it took me 5 minutes to read this post, it would have taken you all of 2 more seconds to spell those words correctly.
19. belovedson posted on 03 Mar 2012, 01:35 1 0
i think bada would survive in the states if its not a smartphone but a featurephone and let it work with android api's
20. Gothbeard posted on 03 Mar 2012, 05:03 0 1
Go and have a look how many apps for Bada in Samsung app store, and this is after almost 2 years. Dead in the water. Just a good feature phone OS.
23. Glim12808 posted on 03 Mar 2012, 07:10 0 0
Wow so many rumors swirling around Samsung! First there was a rumor that Big S was going to give up on Bada for Tizen. Then came the rumor that Bada and Tizen will be merge. So now Bada and Tizen will co-exist? Also, there was this rumor that Big S will give up on WP completely to focus their efforts solely on Android. Then 3 days ago, WMPowerUser published an article based on an interview from a Samsung insider saying that it is committed to the Windows 8 platform of pc, tabs, and phone. Wow I'm getting dizzy! LOL!
25. sadaivadai posted on 03 Mar 2012, 10:05 0 0
Dear Samsung , first give 2.0 update for my S8500 .
28. iEpic posted on 03 Mar 2012, 18:26 0 0
I'm actually Korean, and I'll like BADA to actually rise amognst the Phone OSes. Remember, SAMSUNG is from South Korea.
30. haikallp posted on 04 Mar 2012, 14:15 0 0
remembered Samsung saying something similar to this last year..action samsung, we wanna see action!
31. marchels14 posted on 01 Jul 2012, 23:39 0 0
i had a friend who had wave 2 and i tested it ,it looked very god and it was smooth.cant wait for next bada device ,maybe it will support dual core,or quad core but that is unlikely.