Samsung Galaxy S4 or not: here is a virtually identical clone from China, coming with hand gestures
The No.1 S6 - as the device is called - will support Smart Pause, Hover Touch and other hand features that Samsung debuted in the S4, but it will only cost a fraction of the price.
The savings, of course, come from the cheaper internal parts. The No.1 S6 will feature a quad-core MT6589 chip allegedly only clocked at 1GHz, 1GB of RAM and 4 gigs of internal storage. It will have a 5-inch display like the S4, but the resolution will be lower at 720p. The Chinese clone will also feature a 13-megapixel camera.
The first images of the No.1 S6 have leaked out, take a look below.
source: MTKSJ via GizChina
No.1 S6, a Samsung Galaxy S4 clone Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Google’s Project Ara: the first 'Lego' phone toys around with grand ideas
17 Apr 2014, 09:00
No.1 S6, a Samsung Galaxy S4 clone
1. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
I was hoping for a better name.. something like Samdung Galaxy Z4 or something... Not No.1 S6
2. ianbbaa (Posts: 194; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
No.1 name because they are the first one that released clone...later there will be tons of them, also under the brand you named :)
3. Kal-el (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Holy cow if it wasn't for the sensor slot or holes w/e u call it i couldn't even tell the difference initially.... pretty good copy there.
13. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I'd just have to print "Samsung" logo decals and paste on the front and back, and on appearance they are identical :D
5. Kurai (unregistered)
it's easy to clone because of the build quality and cheap materials . . .
16. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
GooPhone i5 uses plastic for some parts though. Visually you wont notice (if the phone screen is turned off without showing the UI) but if you touch it you will notice.
22. ikkuh (Posts: 33; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Those days are way past us. Android is a fluid enough to make anyone happy at a quater of the price apple asks you.
10. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Can you tell me names of that chip materials?
21. ikkuh (Posts: 33; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Making a aluminium case isnt exactly rocketscience. It wouldnt make it much difficult at least a few bugs more expensive.
6. wurmZ (Posts: 32; Member since: 11 Jun 2013)
cloning at its best which is available through an open source platform.
8. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
They'd have to use cheaper plastic or the phone will look premium in front of S4.
My friend upgraded from Micromax (Indian manufacturer) a110 to Galaxy S3 a few days ago and guess what, he felt S3 had inferior build quality.
9. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
No 1 should consider changing their name to KIRF (Keepin' It Real Fake)
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 1246; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I can't tell the difference from the original, cloning is getting better and better
14. Ruisleipä (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Designs a clone of the s4, becomes the head of samsung design division
15. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Specs of that caliber sells at around $180-$200 in China
Good thing is...there is an option to install apps directly to SD card
The PowrVrSGX544 + MT6589 combo will give you roughly around 12,500 - 13,000 AnTutu score
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2103; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Now no 1 will sue them, coz there are many such copy cats.
18. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 208; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Clone one Samsung phone and you have cloned them all. Just change the display screen size and call them S4, S3, S3 mini, galaxy fame or whatever.
19. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
KIRF.......... But it's looking exact copy of S4........