Samsung Galaxy S III coming soon: 4.65-inch Super AMOLED Plus HD RGB screen, quad-core, LTE?
1. BattleBrat (Posts: 1218; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmmmm, I'm a MOTO man, but I'll take a look, the GS II did impress me (although I prefer the RAZR)
21. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Same here. Maybe the Fighter or Blade will have next-gen specs as well so we don't have to jump ship over to Samsung.
32. bruindog (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
If the S3 looks like one of the better renders then we are in for a treat. I'm just hoping its not a let down because all of these specs seem too good to be true. Even after reading them 500 times on 500 different websites
42. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
You are obviously biased. I have the razr maxx by the way but comparing the gs2 vs the razr? the gs2 came out about a year ago. come on man, make a real comparison. the gs2 doesn't lag as far as i can tell. the maxx lags a bunch of times but the slim form factor and long batter life and amoled kills the gs2 but again not fair comparison
2. Mr.Best (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
2012 will be a stellar year for android users.
3. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
This thing is going to be INSANE! As a Wp7 fan, I know a good phone when I see one (from specs). Love to get my hands on this
10. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Yeah, only Nokia and Apple beat you...:)
23. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1422; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
nokia is no longer even the top dog in its own country ...and iPhone 4s ..that design is so 2010 ......keep dreaming
34. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Look's more like they have beaten you 21 red!
5. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
This will top all devices in 2012
7. android_hitman (unregistered)
all of the top devices before the end of the world :) at least we will die happy :)))
11. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1728; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
PLEASE PUT A GIANT BATTERY IN THIS PHONE!!!
12. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I'm stuck between this and the HTC One X (or the One S if the X really doesn't come to T-Mobile).
Sammy has always been reliable in making quality devices and the S II got so much love globally.... imagine what a beast the S III is going to turn out to be. But I love how HTC is redeeming itself with the One series, and the audio boosts from DreBeats technology make my ears happy lol.
18. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Beats Audio is a gimmick. Wait for the S III.
19. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I don't mind waiting, but we're in for quite a wait here in the US. New phone releases are months later than their international versions because US carriers want to add their crap to the devices and make hardware changes.
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Victor, your "should easily beat" implication is ignorant.
Super amoled plus is overall inferior to AH-IPS technology (the screen on HTC One x, just with different name)
Here, from your very own site:
You guys have built up a myth about amoled screens being something uber, and untouchable.
While in reality, the Galaxy S3 will likely have a less great screen than some other phones out there.
26. andro. (Posts: 1984; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
We will have to wait an see,having used both the Htc one x screen is definitely better than say the galaxy nexus screen by a noticeable bit but Samsung have a knack of producing incredible screens to put on its own flagships
14. babyk (Posts: 242; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
HTC WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN THIS SAMSUNG s**t FTW
15. ajac09 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
umm okay... sadly the population doesnt agree with you.
30. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Meh. I switched to Samsung from HTC. Sadly, not even the One X has made me consider looking back. I very much prefer a slim and lightweight, but still powerful phone over one that is fat and boring.
16. babyk (Posts: 242; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
You guys only concern about specs thats the point
38. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
It's all about power! To run
Android u need that!
Or else it's it lag's..... Cause ur
running a full OS, unlike apple,
Blackberry, windows there all
half OS..... It take's 300+ mb of ram
to run Android, other's only require
130+ of ram......
17. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yes.. id rather wait for the quad exynos..
look im waiting..
ok, gimmie the darn phone! :)
20. hung2900 (Posts: 845; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Another fail from phonearena.
Sammy has had 7.7 inch SA+ with RGB matrix already (Tab 7.7).
22. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
now those can be called legitimate specs.
24. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
rumours are saying 720p and quad core exynos A9 but if samsung surprises us with 1080p and dual core exynos A15 the phones going to be huge success.
29. optimo_prime (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
Does anyone have a clue who all is going to carry this phone I am on Verizon and would love this phone since it seems we don't get the HTC One series
31. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
amoled hd +,quad core exynos,its samsung so will be slim,if the s2 cameras anything to go by the s3 will be even better...lol i want this phone now i am actually starting to see pixels on my s2 from close view obviously now that i have seen hd screens in person such as the xperia s....hopefully its released in the same time frame as the s2 so may please.
39. Walter.D.DROID (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
If they delay the release date, the fact being the quad-core and LTE, I would rather wait! 4.8-inch screen is no good??? both galaxy nexus and Galaxy S II HD LTE have that screen :@
40. Walter.D.DROID (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
oh i forgot to mention, but a...3400mah battery for the SGS III, thickness can suffer instead :-P
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4701; Member since: 17 May 2011)
too bad it will take a back seat next to the redesign iphone this year... sorry maybe next year when the iphoneS stops by